Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

I like many, want a real deal club song as a top priority. I want a traditional style song.

I don't think this song is it though! But it is great to get the discussion happening again.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 01-09-12 at 02:01 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I just merged about 6 club song threads from the past 6 years into one thread here. So let's turn our focus onto this issue once and for all.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Fan to switch sides with club song

DIEHARD South Sydney Rabbitohs fan is willing to convert to the Gold Coast Titans if they pick his tune as their club's theme song.

Musician Ross McGregor has been a South's fan since 1965.

In 2007 he penned a proposed club theme song Make Way for the Titans.

"I've been working in music for 30 years and the idea just came into my head," he said.
    Sorry mate, but you are not a true fan to Souths if you would jump ship just to get your song played.
    And it sounds like a 70's disco hit with people getting funky on the dance floor rather than belting it out as a victory song at a Rugby League match.
    I like many, want a real deal club song as a top priority. I want a traditional style song.

I don't think this song is it though! But it is great to get the discussion happening again.
    +1.

I just merged about 6 club song threads from the past 6 years into one thread here. So let's turn our focus onto this issue once and for all.
    You know my position Brad. Where is the mega chant thread?

I've asked the question of Mr David May CEO but he doesn;t see it as a priority at this time, and to be honest, it's probably one of the last things the club is thinking about right now.

Maybe we need to start a poll DIEHARD rather than just continuing with comments and/or suggestions. And regardless of what the club decides in the future, we can just make it whatever proposal has the most hits by the start of the season 2013 will become the default fan chant/song in the meantime.

Thoughts on this????
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 01-09-12 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Sorry mate, but you are not a true fan to Souths if you would jump ship just to get your song played.
    And it sounds like a 70's disco hit with people getting funky on the dance floor rather than belting it out as a victory song at a Rugby League match.
    +1.

You know my position Brad. Where is the mega chant thread?

I've asked the question of Mr David May CEO but he doesn;t see it as a priority at this time, and to be honest, it's probably one of the last things the club is thinking about right now.

Maybe we need to start a poll DIEHARD rather than just continuing with comments and/or suggestions. And regardless of what the club decides in the future, we can just make it whatever proposal has the most hits by the start of the season 2013 will become the default fan chant/song in the meantime.

Thoughts on this????
    Mega Thread -> http://forum.titans.com.au/showthread.php?t=8891

If we can put together the candidates for songs we might be able to get something happening.

I agree with you Whiz about a bloke from another club making our song and changing allegiance if he is successful. Kinda smacks of opportunism.

For what it's worth, this was my original submission to this forum, way back in 2007. It got a write up in the Gold Coast Bulletin at the time (not by me, someone must have submitted it) and it received a fair bit of positive reaction at the time.

I just see it as a short, forceful victory song that can be bellowed out by anyone with no singing required. Perfect!

Anyway, i will put it back up for consideration.

Mighty Titans, keep on fightin'
    The battles just begun.
    Muscle up, play hard and fast
    Gold Coast, unite as one.

Titans Forwards, marching onwards,
    Big men with bigger hearts.
    Titans Backs, running gaps,
    Tear their defence apart.

Gold Coast Titans,mighty Titans,
    This is our finest hour.
    We heard the call, we fought the war,
    Now VICTORY IS OURS!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    For what it's worth, this was my original submission to this forum, way back in 2007. It got a write up in the Gold Coast Bulletin at the time (not by me, someone must have submitted it) and it received a fair bit of positive reaction at the time.

I just see it as a short, forceful victory song that can be bellowed out by anyone with no singing required. Perfect!

Anyway, i will put it back up for consideration.

Mighty Titans, keep on fightin'
    The battles just begun.
    Muscle up, play hard and fast
    Gold Coast, unite as one.

Titans Forwards, marching onwards,
    Big men with bigger hearts.
    Titans Backs, running gaps,
    Tear their defence apart.

Gold Coast Titans,mighty Titans,
    This is our finest hour.
    We heard the call, we fought the war,
    Now VICTORY IS OURS!
    It's hard to gauge when u cant hear it but it hits alot of the marks I want and I love many of the words. Unite, hearts, war, victory, finest hour, marching as well as a good dose of footy terms.

For some reason I see the team coming on field at the start of the match (or after a win) on the music of Vangelis' song of "Titans" from the OST of Alexander. Okay, okay, it's not a real team song, but still...
    Aiming for the title farthest away fan

Quote Originally Posted by Chaserz View Post
    For some reason I see the team coming on field at the start of the match (or after a win) on the music of Vangelis' song of "Titans" from the OST of Alexander. Okay, okay, it's not a real team song, but still...
    Yeah, but you know it's a footy game and not a Cecil B DeMille epic, right?

Having said that, wouldn't that be THE BEST way to send the Bull off on his final farewell lap of Skilled Park, preferably in a chariot!
    That would be epic!!
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 01-09-12 at 08:18 PM.

Yea. I reckon it wouldn't work as a run out song but would for general atmosphere or build up.

Ah why not? That would be plain awesome if they'd pull up such stunt ! I could see that happen. With Julius Sezer around .
    Aiming for the title farthest away fan

"I wanna be a legionaire"

haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

That "make way for the Titans song" is the worse effort i have heard yet.

Fancy dating the song so badly, there will be 2 new teams in a few years ffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

hat about one to the Stonecutters tune:

Who needs dream up an attacking game plan?
    We do, we do.
    Who makes saves Sandow from being the biggest dud?
    We do, we do.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

I just youtubed some other club's songs (Storm, Panthers, Sharks, Broncos + Titans unofficial one) and they are all total garbage... Terrible songwriting with bad delivery and budget production. Seriously, why would anyone even want an official team song if it's gonna sound like this wannabe crap?

I could record us an epic power anthem in the style of Manowar but I'm guessing nobody likes heavy metal

Manowar:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS47QWBycHw
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nyUJsnXRRQ

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    That "make way for the Titans song" is the worse effort i have heard yet.

Fancy dating the song so badly, there will be 2 new teams in a few years ffs.
    I thought that as well. Pretty short sighted!

The best Titans themed song in my book to date is Coaster's Legionnaire song. I know it's a different kettle of fish, but that is the song I love to listen to on the way to the game. Well done mate.