Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

I have a song, Clifford 87 would agree and its not old school or a pop tune... but its more for when the team runs onto the field.

Hard Rock Halleujah by Finnish Eurovision Metal Gods Lordi...

Lyrics are available here:http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.n...25712000081173

Now this song is hard, its pumping and it would be a great song for the team to run onto, and it could turn the stadium into a colssesum as well, it would be great fun to have the side run onto it, I can imagine it now and smile...

But yeah there are many others...
    Last edited by Titanium_BD1103; 08-09-06 at 11:26 AM.

Thunderstruck ACDC

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull
    Thunderstruck ACDC
    You could pretty much take all of AC/DC's songs and use them... they are all hard and pumping..

I think being the Titans, the song that the players run onto the field with has to be really hard and heavy, loads of metal... it creates an atmosphere of fear and with the whole crowd behind it, it will make playing at home like playing in the colsessum in old Roman days...

However our victory song needs to be strong and simple, like DIEHARD said, something joyous but with tradition, maybe the song at the start of the website with more words.... The One Goal Song.. that could be an option but I am sure the club will write a spectacular victory song anyway...

How about the YMCA by the village people............................................ .......or wipe out
    Last edited by grimmace; 08-09-06 at 11:29 AM.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

We need something that:
    a) isn't being used
    b) isn't hella cheesy

i'd say wipeout and thunderstruck etc are used in sporting events quite a lot.. they're that sorta trademark tune. but maybe something else? something related to titans..? although that may be hard.

and point b.. the "lets go broncos" song is tragic lol. we need something with a bit of feeling.

yeah i like that on goal song maybe that could be an option

What about we are the champions by queen or the cover done by the crazy frog (except a few words might need changing)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    We need something that:
    a) isn't being used
    b) isn't hella cheesy

i'd say wipeout and thunderstruck etc are used in sporting events quite a lot.. they're that sorta trademark tune. but maybe something else? something related to titans..? although that may be hard.

and point b.. the "lets go broncos" song is tragic lol. we need something with a bit of feeling.
    See Steve, that's why I went with Lordi and Hard Rock Halleujah, if you type it into google and watch the youtube video, you'll see the song is not cheezy, its the type of song that would pump you up and it ain't being used as its from Finland...

LOL I know, the Bulldogs current victory song... "We are the Dogs" is a remake of our 80's song to techno music, its ok, but I am sure we could have done a lot better with a bit more imagination....

Grimmace, NO CRAZY FROG, your trying to get people excited about victory,not insight violence....

Lordi definately break rule B.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    See Steve, that's why I went with Lordi and Hard Rock Halleujah, if you type it into google and watch the youtube video, you'll see the song is not cheezy, its the type of song that would pump you up and it ain't being used as its from Finland...

LOL I know, the Bulldogs current victory song... "We are the Dogs" is a remake of our 80's song to techno music, its ok, but I am sure we could have done a lot better with a bit more imagination....

Grimmace, NO CRAZY FROG, your trying to get people excited about victory,not insight violence....
    i dont think itd create as much violence as athe YMCA would or its raining men but you do have a point i dont want to see people brining out the pitch forks because of one song perhaps we could create a list and every one votes in a poll

Lordi definately break rule B.
    I wouldn't call Lordi cheesy... but fair enough.... I do see your point.

Ok then, but we need a song with that sort of anger, hardness and toughness... any suggestions, and that doesn't break rules a or b....

And rule C: no eurovision contestents.

just joking around mate

yeah we definately need something rockin'. maybe something australian, too?

suggestions
    powderfinger - on my mind (get the qld vibe goin)
    regurgitator - crush the losers (qld again.. plus virtually made for a sporting ground)
    spiderbait - buy me a pony or four on the floor (the 'cmonnn' song)
    the vines - get free
    wolfmother - joker & the theif

one of those could work. i tried to pick upbeat wellknown aussie bands/songs that most people tend to like.

Needs to be Australian then ehh how about Guy Sebastian angels brought me here ..........................................joke how about Shannon Knoll shine

the lyrics for spiderbait - four on the floor seem fitting, giving our past.

cmon cmon i'm back to where i came from
    cmon cmon i'm back to where i belong
    hello hello i'm back and ready to go
    cmon cmon yes i'm back to where i came from

so glad i made it, now i'm back again
    i wanna say it, to get my message sent
    i'm sick of waiting, walkin out the door
    no hesitating, cos now i'm back for more

pretty much sums up the gold coasts fight to get back to the big time?

And rule C: no eurovision contestents.

just joking around mate

yeah we definately need something rockin'. maybe something australian, too?

suggestions
    powderfinger - on my mind (get the qld vibe goin)
    regurgitator - crush the losers (qld again.. plus virtually made for a sporting ground)
    spiderbait - buy me a pony or four on the floor (the 'cmonnn' song)
    the vines - get free
    wolfmother - joker & the theif

one of those could work. i tried to pick upbeat wellknown aussie bands/songs that most people tend to like.
    Ok sorry to do this... but going by the rules...

On My Mind- QLD Bulls Cricket team theme

Joker and the Thief- Sydney Swans supporter song, I know, we heard it at the game, it rocks...

Crush the Losers- It's used by Adelaide sides, I remember the Redbacks having it at Adelaide Oval through the speakers

Something tells me though we should get one of these bands, or JET or the Living End to concuct something, I reckon it would turn out great..