Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Titans: Scott Prince: teammates 'should honour deals'

Titans' teammates 'should honour deals'
    Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 4:01 PM

Potential Gold Coast captain Scott Prince called on his jaded future teammates to honour agreements with the new NRL franchise for next year.

Melbourne winger Steve Turner has turned his back on an agreement with the Titans to sign a contract keeping him at the Storm while Penrith forward Frank Puletua is pursuing a way out of his Gold Coast deal to remain in Sydney.

Titans management have said both players will be made to honour their deals, but Turner has indicated he would feel uneasy amongst his new teammates after stating his desire to stay in Melbourne.

But Prince said there would be no hard feelings towards either Turner or Puletua, and urged the pair to get excited about the new franchise's prospects.

"When you make a commitment with a club you stand by your word. That's the way I have been brought up," said Prince.

"Obviously there's a few things that have popped up in their minds but myself, I am fully committed and it's going to be great to go up there.

"Either way if they decide to go ahead and still come up there are no hard feelings about what they've done.

"We are all going to get together, enjoy ourselves and work hard and hopefully be a force in the coming years."

Prince said he couldn't wait to relocate back to Queensland and had already bought a home in Robina just five minutes from the Titans' future stadium which will be completed by 2008.

The former Queensland and Test halfback can understand why some players are sceptical about joining the new franchise and while he warned the first season will be difficult he believes it will be a unique experience.

"I think the first 12 months will be hard, getting to know each other on and off the field and know each other's game," said Prince.

"I think just personally it's very exciting with some of the players we have got. We have got the nucleus of a really good side and some young guys coming through.

"I know just speaking to a few like (Anthony) Laffranchi and a few up there are really excited, we cannot wait.

"We just go out there and give it a fair crack. I have signed for four years and I'm there to hopefully make a difference and be part of something special."

Source: AAP

Great to see Scotty already showing some leadership.

It's great to finally be reading some articles quoting our future players wearing their titans caps.

Scott would be just the sort of captain I would love us to have.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan

yeah he is already pushing for the captains spot
    "Go the Titans"

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

I think prince will get this spot, and he will lead the team very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Lockyer
    yeah he is already pushing for the captains spot
    He'd have my vote. I think he is what we need on and off the field.

He has fire in the belly and I want a captain that is passionate and breaths the fire.

I havent given it too much thought as to who should be captain, was waiting for roster to be confirmed. But I think Id be disappointed if he wasnt our captain now.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Junior Titan

He led the tigers to a premiership last year and look at where they are now with Brett Hodgson
    "Go the Titans"

Scotty has finally stood up as a captain (i reckon he will get it) and said his peace. I think he has alot of input for this team and he has already shown it.

Good on ya scotty

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

spoken like a true champion.

sounds like the right man for the captain job indeed

his right
    i dont care tuner and co are having 2nd thoguhts about joining
    everyone would
    i am sure no one will have any hard feelings

Agreed with Scotty 100% here...

He has put his foot forward and is showing the class and leadership he will need next season, either him or Bailey as captain and I will be happy, both over recent weeks have illustrated they are behind the Titans 100% with their well thought out and spoken comments about this issue....

The Titans are in a difficult situation... They have 2 very capable captains in their midst... would they consider having Bails and Prince as joint captains?

I wouldn't like Bailey as captain. I hope we don't have any joint captaincy etc.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

Bailey will be an on-field leader for the forwards, but the captaincy should definately go to Prince. He always seems well spoken and he's shown his commitment to the titans cause... i can't see how they could go any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    spoken like a true champion.

sounds like the right man for the captain job indeed
    hit the nail on the head cant agree more

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    Great to see Scotty already showing some leadership.

It's great to finally be reading some articles quoting our future players wearing their titans caps.

Scott would be just the sort of captain I would love us to have.
    100% agree.

I am right behind the push to make Scott Prince our inaugral captain - he showed in 2005 what a great captain he could be.

Let's hope this rubs off on some of the guys who are second guessing themselves. I think once we finish the season up, one or two of the doubters will come to the senses and make the move north to play for the Titans.