Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Titan CEO

I dont really want to write NZ off...but. They seem to have a bigger side...bigger is not always better. The aussie side is more mobile. And the backs are awesome! we have the best halfback in the world with a very good 5/8, we have 2 of the best wingers in the NRL comp(well 1 centre 1 winger) and 2 of the best centres in the comp(cooper is up there over tate for me), We also have minichello who has done the job many times before and done the job damn good.

The NZ'ers have a few inexperinced players at test level and with andrew johns putting up spiral bombs to your wing all night its not going to be a good debut.

It will be a good game for the first 30 mins..but NZ will fall away and the aussies will roll them towards the backend.

NZ had no chance?

After 20 minutes they led 18-0, after 40 mins it was 18-18.

At the minute it is 22-18 Australia in front.

Why is Trent Waterhouse still in the centres? We will not lose so no one will really question it though Waterhouse coming on to replace the injured Tahu is ridiculous IMO. It was no more evident when Waterhouse contributed to the Brent Webb try in the second half racing out of the line.

Move Lockyer to fullback, Minichello to wing and Gower to five-eight.

Cheers

DeeGan

"We will no lose"....lol

Well, at 30-22 DeeGan you may have just jinxed the Aussies who were 22-18 up.

DeeGan

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    NZ had no chance?

After 20 minutes they led 18-0, after 40 mins it was 18-18.

At the minute it is 22-18 Australia in front.

Why is Trent Waterhouse still in the centres? We will not lose so no one will really question it though Waterhouse coming on to replace the injured Tahu is ridiculous IMO. It was no more evident when Waterhouse contributed to the Brent Webb try in the second half racing out of the line.

Move Lockyer to fullback, Minichello to wing and Gower to five-eight.

Cheers

DeeGan

ahh hindsight is a wonderful thing aye deegan.

The game is gone for the aussies..the NZ'ers were good tonight, the ref was horrendous tho and kinda took the game down a notch. The kiwi's all night were strong...if they hadnt gone missing for that 10 minutes they would have steamrolled the aussies.

Quote Originally Posted by kazza broncos chick
    NZ sif they've got a chance!LOL
    Yes, LOL indeed.

The Kiwis deserved that, Australia played like crap. I was leaning towards the Kiwis winning all week and deep down I kinda wanted them too after the farcical Australian Selection Policy.

ahh hindsight is a wonderful thing aye deegan.
    It is though do not interpret my post as using hindsight to my advantage.

I had Australia winning this comfortably, they should have won yet failed to execute and the tipsters barring a minority are made to look silly.

I type red faced as will most of Australian rugby league fans tomorrow morning when they read the Sunday paper with their favourite breakfast and coffee.

In saying that, I recognised that NZ did have a a few things going for them and was not about to type 'NZ have no chance of winning LOL'

Great win, let's hope a couple of tough decisions are made.

Cheers

DeeGan

First Change: Put that Ref on a plane and send him to the Arctic!

Please note, this is not sour grapes and I'm not looking for excuses, Im never usually one to bag the ref, but tonight he was disgraceful for boths sides.

The sad thing is, that was no where near New Zealands full strength side. Theyre missing a lot of guys there.

For the first time ever I actually agreed with Phil Gould in that Trent Waterhouse should NOT have been in the Centres, Gower should have come on at 5/8, Lockyer to Fullback, and Minichiello to the Wing. That would have been a much more logical decision. Australia were far more exposed with Waterhouse in the centres.

Can someone tell me who got Man of the match?

Commiserations to Lance Hohaia whose Tri Series is over.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    I had Australia winning this comfortably, they should have won yet failed to execute and the tipsters barring a minority are made to look silly.
    Thats everyone on here except me

Quote Originally Posted by kazza broncos chick
    Lockyer MOM
    Inferno wat are u thinkin??? NZ sif they've got a chance!LOL
    Hahahahahaha

what am I thinking indeed Kazaa

Titan CEO

Yeah NZ throughly deserved that..they were the better team for 70 minutes. where as the aussies were only really clicked on for about 20. The NZ'ers did what they have been missing the last few years...they were strong all game esp in defence in the past they start well then pack it away. And bennet had a shocker when he didnt put gower into 5/8 with lockyer going to fullback and minichello to the wing when tahu came off, Waterhouses defence was terrible and needed to be up front not out wide.....Congrats to the kiwi's and also brian mclennan(sp) for his debut coaching start.

Some changes ild make to the aussie team would be up front...maybe get skandalis in we just lacked up front. Ild move tate to the wing with cooper into centre as well if tahu isnt fit to play.

Exactly. We got out muscled out front tonight. The Kiwi forwards, Wiki and Rauhihi in particular, were awesome. Asotasi and Cayless were both good off the bench and the only Australian prop that made an impression on me was Petero Civoneceva, he made a few good runs, but other than that we had nothing. I thought Jason Ryles might toughen us up abit when he came on, but he played like a cat too.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by PARANoIR
    Exactly. We got out muscled out front tonight. The Kiwi forwards, Wiki and Rauhihi in particular, were awesome. Asotasi and Cayless were both good off the bench and the only Australian prop that made an impression on me was Petero Civoneceva, he made a few good runs, but other than that we had nothing. I thought Jason Ryles might toughen us up abit when he came on, but he played like a cat too.
    Even kidwell at times tore us open. He got through a couple of times and was able to off-load and also took 2 guys to stop him....thats not on and we need some props who are willing to put in 100%. Mason was injured in the pre match curtain raiser so he may be missing...who to call in? skando? who else?

I honestly think Bennett may be regretting not picking Mason and O'Meley for the top side this evening. They would've had a bit more aggression in them then some of the other forwards. I think he's definitely regretting not playing Trent Barrett, though Gower was one of our better players - gee. I don't say that very often.

Ben Kennedy had an ABSOLUTE shocker imo. He was almost our worst on the field with the ball in hand. Fitzgibbon also did nothing, and Darren Lockyer had all the opportunity to carve up with all the attention on Johns, but still did nothing.

All up I thought our better players were Anthony Minichiello, Luke O'Donnell and Craig Gower. Civoneceva was also solid.

If Mason is injured, I think they should bring in Skandalis, but I fear that they'll go for a guy like Brad Thorn, just because it's Bennett.

Titan CEO

lol..bennet will prolly bring in darren smith or somethign stupid like that.

lol yeah. That'd actually be funny though

funny if your a Kiwi supporter