Titan CEO

Default Titans Regional Development Fund

rleague.com

Gold Coast Titans Managing Director Michael Searle today announced the establishment of the 'Titans Regional Development Fund'.

Searle said, <"The Titans Regional Development Fund is an initiative that will provide over $1 Million worth of funding over the next four years to the many rugby league associations that rely so heavily on volunteer workers to run competitions and clubs in our catchment area. We are excited to be able to provide such support to the important family of rugby league in our region and hopefully it will make life a little bit easier for those clubs and their officials in achieving their objectives in the name of rugby league."

Junior Rugby League players, coaches and administrators from South Grafton, to the Gold Coast north to Ormeau and west to Rosewood will benefit from the more than $1 million dollars pledged by the Gold Coast Titans today.

"The Titans are committed to developing and improving the opportunities for young rugby league players in our region and we will be providing this funding to the regional rugby league organisations who will distribute the funding to their affiliated clubs. This funding will also assist senior rugby leagues and our feeder clubs in our catchment areas of Ipswich, Gold Coast and Northern Rivers," said Searle

"This is the first part of a comprehensive development strategy which will be extended in coming months to also provide opportunities and resources for primary and secondary schools in our region and we will be providing these strategies in conjunction with ARL Development Officials in our region," said Searle.

This significant financial commitment enables rugby league's regional and club administrators to better administer and operate their competitions and clubs at a grass roots level which is a core objective of the Titans Junior Development Plan.

Searle said, "We have always wanted to ensure that our sport of rugby league receives a major boost from our introduction into the National Rugby league and this is our way to highlight we are serious and committed to making a difference for our game in our region."

Ipswich Junior Rugby League Chairman Brad Wolens is more than impressed by the time and effort being put into regional junior Rugby League by the Titans. "This funding allows us to provide a more secure pathway for our juniors and the stars of tomorrow. It's funding that will filter down and be enjoyed by every junior player and not just the representative teams," said Wolens.

Northern Rivers Regional Rugby League Chairman Robin Harley is also looking forward to having greater resources at his disposal. "On a broader scale, I am confident the Titans Regional Development Fund will allow us to provide a better standard of training and education for every grass roots player through better coaching, and better player education, it's a great initiative," said Harley.

Gold Coast District Junior Rugby League Chairman Peter McGrath says the Titans have already stamped a unique and powerful footprint on the region, ensuring it remains a Rugby League heartland. McGrath said, "The Titans in my view are different to any other NRL Club in the Country in that they are community based and totally community focussed. Well before kick off in 2007, the Titans are already giving to the local community and providing a junior pathway that now leads all the way to the National Rugby League. Today's announcement is a great example of the fantastic benefits our game will receive by having the Titans in this area."

What a stunning investment in rugby league development. All more proof that there are more benefits to having a new NRL side than just what is directly related to the NRL, especially QLD NRL teams, they go straight down to the grassroots.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Makes a mockery of the argument "you (Titans) are doing nothing for South East Queensland rugby league given your not signing SEQ based players!" That is a direct quote that some gutless (as in no forum member name) wonder posted to me a while back.

This is a most exciting developement. If only I was young enough to be running around in the juniors again - I would move heaven and hell for a shot with the Titans

I believe this is a step in the direction in the Thread titled "Runaway Bay"

This is simply awesome news, this creates something beyond, fullbacks and halfbacks, and beyond 2007.

Awesome news

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Hopefully someone can pick me up when i start playing in the centres next year for my uni, policys like this only boost the game and give the youngesters something to aspire to and should be great for the South East Queensland Region.