Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Titan CEO

Default Titans sign Myles

rleague.com

Twenty eight year old David Myles has become the Titans 26th signing after agreeing to a one year deal with the Gold Coast NRL franchise.

Gold Coast Titans Managing Director Michael Searle says David is an exceptionally strong 26th signing for the Club and believes he will cause Coach John Cartwright more than a few headaches at selection time. "David has proven himself at several National Rugby League Clubs and has the advantage of having played in the NRL finals series. He is a very talented player and I have no doubt he has the ability and the determination to force his way into the first grade squad," Searle said.

"David's signing further reinforces our commitment to deliver a strong squad with solid depth as we prepare to take the Gold Coast back to the National Rugby League in 2007."

An original Queensland Crusher, David played with the Gold Coast Chargers in 1998 before signing with Cronulla the following year.

Myles has NRL finals experience with both the New Zealand Warriors and the North Queensland Cowboys and is looking forward to re-uniting with Titans trainer Billy Johnstone and forcing his way into first grade.

David has just completed a season in the French Super League where he led his side Toulouse to the Grand Final. "I am looking forward to returning home after eight years away from my family," said Myles. "Michael Searle and John Cartwright have handed me a fantastic opportunity and I intend to make the most of it."

"I firmly believe I am a capable first grade player and my immediate goal is to make the starting squad. Whether John selects me at five eighth, centre or at fullback doesn't mater, I am just looking forward to a fresh start and a new opportunity."

Coach John Cartwright believes David's versatility will prove invaluable to the Titans in 2007. "The signing of quality players outside of our top 25 squad is crucial and we have taken great care and time, ensuring the mix of youth and experience is right," Cartwright said.

"Players like David could potentially prove to be our most important signings in our inaugural year. To have a player of the calibre of David Myles with his utility value and experience as a first grade player is outstanding and I have no doubt he will he will place a lot of pressure on players within our top squad which is a good thing."

Nearly **** myself then thought it was Nate myles. David sounds like a good player for the team. It's going to be a tough side next year.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

Awesome news.

Good to have a player that can cover numerous possies. We're getting quite a bit of depth. And good to see him so eager to fight his way into the first-grade team.

Was about to say WTF, I thought Myles signed with the Roosters :lol!:

Nah but its about David, good player which will add good depth to the club, I remember him from his North Queensland Days, nothing spectacular, but a worker and we need those, so another good signing for the Titans...

good signing an old charger followed him a bit like all the old chargers not a bad signing played well for the warriors

Good to have a former Gold Coast player pulling on the Titans colours. So that is Presto and Myles. I love it.

I think he will be a good player for us. He also played for my favourite French club, Toulouse and the Crushers, a team that would have won me over if it lasted.

He certainly has raked up a list of clubs.

Crushers.
    Chargers.
    Warriors.
    Cowboys.
    Toulouse.
    Titans.

Anyone know his age?
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titan CEO

Says he is 28 yrs old in the article mate.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    Anyone know his age?
    read the first two words of the article

Junior Titan

Good signing out of the 25
    "Go the Titans"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    read the first two words of the article
    Woah....that was really embarrassing.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I remember Myles playing for the Cowboys. Good player. Great to see him back at the Gold Coast, Bit of a line breaker I do recall. Welldone Titans

Junior Titan

he can play a good range of positions like fullback, centre or feigth eigth.
    "Go the Titans"

Quote Originally Posted by titansroostersfan
    Nearly **** myself then thought it was Nate myles. David sounds like a good player for the team. It's going to be a tough side next year.
    yea eah me 2
    GOLD COAST TITANS 08 "THATS MY TEAM"

Junior Titan

same as above,

THats good that he is versatile, good bench playa

So now the Titans have 26... which means that one of them isn't signed as one of their top 25... is this Myles? Or one of the others?