Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Im dissapointed that the dogs did'nt win cause i want the bronx to get in the top 4.

to be honest, the one thing that got me fustrated was that they kept looking at it, to find ways to not give it a try (like phill gould said) i dont blame any dogs fans for been angry at what happend, although unfortunately its not going to change anything, so its best to look to next week

well done to manly

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

great game by manly.

did their finals chances no harm.

Junior Titan

It looks like there is only one spot left in the 4 now. Melbourne and bulldogs are definates. the eagles are basically there so one left. My bets on the bron cos getting it
    "Go the Titans"

Manly deserved the win, but Canterbury deserved to steal it. The ref/video ref did them no favours at all.

Great game last night.

Matt Orford is stepping it up - he was a deserved M.O.M. last night. I said last week Manly are my premiership darkhorse, this win only consolidated my opinion. Keep in mind, BK is due back soon ... they can improve.

OMG that was such a great game to watch... the atmosphere at the ground was HUGE!!!!! When the dogs came out to train the whole crowd BOOED them onto the ground and off the ground ... while on the other hand .. manly had a huge cheer when they came out to train and when they left ....Orford really stood up and deserved to be M.O.M... I really thought we weren't going to win when Ryan went over for his second but the video ref disallowed it .. which was good for me lol but Mr Bean needs to really learn how to ref. he made some very very bad calls last night ... he needs a stint in PL next week .... lol

Well I am now going to comment on this match, I stayed away last night I case I said something I might regret...

Congrats to Manly first up on the win, they played well, but as for you calling them darkhorses Deegan, wouldn't go that far just yet, but they did play well. They need to learn to improve their goalline defense dramatically if they want to go anywhere in this finals series, it was aweful and we shouldn't have been able to have scored simple tries like that.

CONGRATS TO ORFORD, LMAO at anyone who says he can't stand up in the big games, he showed you all.... I really think he's an underrated player and here's hoping he can keep improving, deserved man of the match.

CONGRATS TO THE DOGGIES, you lost no fans last night after that performance. So proud of the boys to have done so well and we really did deserve to win that match, we made the opportunities but sadly Utai and Williams really looked lost out there at times and that spolit the attack. SBW needs to play in the forwards, simple as that, we get Grimmers back and play Reni at Centre, Grimmers at 13 and SBW at 11.

The kicking games of Sherwin and Holdsworth were superb tonight, they get better every week, and with Mason back for the finals, we showed tonight we ain't dead at all yet, its all systems go for the Blue and White brigade..

All I will say about the ref is he needs to go to OPSM and should be in Premier League next week, aweful game by Hampstead who made so many wrong calls in that first half especially both ways that it got so frustrating. The video ref lost us the game, simple as that, we should have won, the video ref stole it away from us, if Dunley's try is a try, Ryan's is too, simple as that.

Oh well, we played well and really Manly got what they needed, so congrats to them, but watch out Penrith, there is now an Angry and Annoyed Bulldogs ready to pummple you next week....

Titan First Grade Regular

Quote Originally Posted by grimmace
    Im not bashing manly at all cliffy i did not write the article at all the only problem i had against them is back whehn norths merged with them but thats the way the media veiws it infact i like the way how manly turned itself around infact i rate them as a dark horse to win the comp this year sorry if you thought i was having a go at them but what the article is imlying is it will be a great game i think every one is over the whole manly thing bar the media and there are people out there that still hate the bulldogs
    i took my cranky pills after i left the library last night, sorry about the spray, it is just i get sick and tired of Manly being constantly singled out over something that happened 20 to 30 years ago, but one thing is why don't the media keep shoving the fact the bulldogs were stripped alot of points for cheating the salary cap and bring it up year after year for 30 years saying that they are cheats, so far since the introduction of the Salary cap Manly have not been breached for going over the cap.cya.

Congrats to Manly first up on the win, they played well, but as for you calling them darkhorses Deegan, wouldn't go that far just yet
    What a stupid suggestion from myself given they are most likely to be a top four team securing a home final ... ridiculous notion to call them the 'competition darkhorse' They have a class half, top fullback and a solid one-two punch at hooker. Add to that a very good forward pack led by Ben Kennedy and Steve Menzies, I will go as far as I please in nominating them as my darkhorse outside of the big four in Melbourne, Canterbury, Brisbane and Stg Illawarra.

Manly with their best team on the field will be handful for any team matching up against them in the finals - end of story. The Bulldogs may have been missing a three big names though they were much improved on the effort against the Brisbane Broncos.

I am a Matt Orford fan though he needs to win BIG games in the finals and when given the chance at rep footy. Orford as I have a few times this season has improved overall (look at the Roosters game where they came from behind to win and the Knights game a couple of weeks back) though the guys who select the teams will have the City v Country debacle in the back of their minds. The platform was set to secure his maiden NSW jersey and he "dropped the ball". This was another step in dispelling the talk that he can't come up big when the pressure is on though the real test will be the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    What a stupid suggestion from myself given they are most likely to be a top four team securing a home final ... ridiculous notion to call them the 'competition darkhorse' They have a class half, top fullback and a solid one-two punch at hooker. Add to that a very good forward pack led by Ben Kennedy and Steve Menzies, I will go as far as I please in nominating them as my darkhorse outside of the big four in Melbourne, Canterbury, Brisbane and Stg Illawarra.
    Your choice then... you have every right too...

I however still stay by my fact they need to get goal line defense in gear before they are any chance in the finals.. and all the Manly fans I talked to last night agreed, they reckon though its a coaching issue, so that is sad...

As for their forward pack, could be in a bit of trouble for the finals, Watmough is in trouble with injury according to 2GB News....but I do agree they will be competitive, just they worried me with the fact they gave away those 2 easy tries, and they were weak defense, nothing else can be the response as to why they were scored....

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    Your choice then... you have every right too...

I however still stay by my fact they need to get goal line defense in gear before they are any chance in the finals.. and all the Manly fans I talked to last night agreed, they reckon though its a coaching issue, so that is sad...

As for their forward pack, could be in a bit of trouble for the finals, Watmough is in trouble with injury according to 2GB News....but I do agree they will be competitive, just they worried me with the fact they gave away those 2 easy tries, and they were weak defense, nothing else can be the response as to why they were scored....
    True, their goal line defence was weak on occasion though the same could be said Canterbury on last night's effort.

Manly this season have been thereabouts in the defensive rankings (heading in to this round they ranked 5th in points against and ranked 4th in least tries conceeded - Dogs were ranked one ahead in both catergories) and that has been without key players for periods of time throughout the regular season.

It all means jack all in the finals - I would be a content Manly fan right now. They are doing what they need to do to get their win with plenty of improvement left in the tank.

Oh don't worry, I'll agree if I was a Manly fan I'd be happy... I am just stating how their goal line defense was, then again it could also have been a leadership thing and something BK could fix...

I never said I don't see them doing something in the finals, I said I don't if they don't improve the goalline defense, if they do, like every team in the 8, the sky is the limit.

I thought both teams were great last night and both showed why they are in the top 4.
    They both have improvment coming into the semis

Sea Eagles will be hard to stop with the inclusion of Kennedy and Orford did step up to the plate.

Bulldogs are a different side when playing for a grand final spot. They played for themselves last night but couldn't improve their position in the season, so they can be excused if they didn't win at Brookvale
    I like there halves and are still my pick, with the Storm, for a Grand final spot.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Manly should be a opponet to fear in the finals, geez the finals are gonna be good this year.