Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Default Bulldogs president Kevin Stewart dies

Bulldogs rugby league club president Kevin Stewart has died of cancer at the age of 77, the club announced.

Stewart, a former NSW parliamentarian and health minister in the Labor government of Neville Wran, died in Canterbury Hospital in the early hours on Tuesday.
    Kevin was a foundation member of Canterbury and a great stalwart of the club," Bulldogs CEO John Ballesty said in a statement.

"His father was the club's foundation president, and the Stewart family has always been a central part of the Bulldog story.

"As president since 2002, Kevin's contribution to the club has been inestimable. He came to the presidency in very difficult times, and provided the rock on which we have survived and thrived since.

"His leadership, his wisdom, his integrity and his unfailing courtesy have been a huge influence on everything that happens here.

"He will be sorely missed."
    He had been president of the club since 2002.

Source :NRL.COM

Another Great contributer to rugby league has passed away.

Very sad news to hear.

OMG, that is so sad....

The late Kevin Stewart was one of the great presidents of the club, he has seen us through some of the toughest times in the clubs history. He was a leader in the face of adversity and he provided the club with so much leadership and was a key part to seeing Noady come into the club and do the fine work he has done. Not only that, he was a great guy too, one I was lucky to get to talk to when I was doing some work for charity last year.

It is a very sad day for the club, you will be missed Kev, Rest in Peace mate and thanks for your service to the Blue and White, it will never ever be forgotten by anyone.

I send my condolences to his family and friends, and to the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs... :') :')

RIP KEV STEWART, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN AND MAY YOUR LEGACY LIVE ON FOREVER...