Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Titan

Default NRL Refuse to Register Storm contract

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.asp?ID=11850

Therefore, Turner is off to the Titans and unless he gets a release/opts to sit out the next 3 seasons, he won't play for Melbourne.

I guess i'll see you ladies in Court now.

Get ready for the fireworks from the Storm and Turner (if he opts to make a statement!)

:dizzy: :yell: :satan: :noidea: :fence: :!: :curse: :guit:

It's on like DONKEY KONG!

Many thanks to Super Cronk for the great banner!

Looks like we are off to the courts, that is sad, but the decision is right IMO.

Hope it doesn't turn into a long drawn out affair as that helps no one and I hope Steve Turner doesn't have to sit out, as that would be sad for a talent that he is...

I hope things turn out ok soon.

QLD Cup Titan

I still think the Titans are silly for wanting a reluctant player but I believe Storm should accept the decision & stay away from the courts.

Junior Titan

(Please note I mean nothing that I say in this thread, i'm just in a worked up mood :lol!: )

This is War now! Bring in the reinforcements Brian! Attack them from the rear! :yell: :yell:

I'll see all of you on the jury. :naughty: :satan:

Many thanks to Super Cronk for the great banner!

NRL backs Titans over Turner tug-of-war

Melbourne winger Steve Turner could face a season on the sidelines after the National Rugby League (NRL) today refused to register his new contract with the Storm.

The 21-year-old is at the centre of a contract tug-of-war after he re-signed with the Storm for three seasons, despite agreeing to terms with new NRL franchise, the Gold Coast Titans, last June.

Turner claimed he had verbally agreed to join the Titans but had not signed a formal contract with the club.

NRL chief executive David Gallop said Turner must play with the Gold Coast in 2007 or sit out the season.

"I would hope that's not the case but certainly we would like to see him playing and playing at the Titans," he said.

Mr Gallop said Turner had given the Titans every reason to believe he would be joining the club in 2007.

"The player (Turner) even went on television and radio and announced he would be playing for the Titans," he said. "The player's manager even stated he's steadfast in the belief that there was an agreement reached."

Let's hope common sense prevails in the off-season and Steve Turner fulfills his committment to the Gold Coast Titans. Sitting out for a season or two will do him no good at all - as I said in another thread, a Steve Turner type player is replaceable.

Just for future reference, this could of been posted in the allocated thread

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by philstorm
    http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.asp?ID=11850

Therefore, Turner is off to the Titans and unless he gets a release/opts to sit out the next 3 seasons, he won't play for Melbourne.

I guess i'll see you ladies in Court now.

Get ready for the fireworks from the Storm and Turner (if he opts to make a statement!)

:dizzy: :yell: :satan: :noidea: :fence: :!: :curse: :guit:

It's on like DONKEY KONG!
    I hope it doesnt go to the courts...because there is no good to come out of it. If the Titans are found to be in the wrong then the NRL wont just say "ok he can play for the storm now"...if the Storm are found to be in the wrong then he is going to a club he no longer whats to go to.

Its a good thing that he may end up at the coast. However this decision could turn into a court drama. Not what the Titans, Storm or Rugby League needs.

Junior Titan

It would be annoying for Michael Searle to go to cort because a.) It costs a lot of money. B.) Time wasting when Michael could be doing something better and c.) Melbourne don't have a leg to stand on.

Titan CEO

Storm press release:

In relation to NRL CEO David Gallop's stance on the lodgement of Steve Turner's playing contract by the Melbourne Storm with the NRL, Melbourne CEO Brian Waldron this afternoon made the following statement.:

"Melbourne Storm absolutely respects the NRL's right to take this position.

"We will now take the appropriate time to consider all issues related to this matter.

"There is no specific time frame to this consideration, suffice to say Melbourne Storm does not think it is appropriate to make any further comment on the matter until after the Club has completed its playing commitments for the 2006 season."

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Lockyer
    It would be annoying for Michael Searle to go to cort because a.) It costs a lot of money. B.) Time wasting when Michael could be doing something better and c.) Melbourne don't have a leg to stand on.
    HAHAHA...yeah news ltd couldnt afford for the Storm to get a decent team together to go to court :whatd:

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk
    HAHAHA...yeah news ltd couldnt afford for the Storm to get a decent team together to go to court :whatd:
    Are you being sarcastic?

QLD Cup Titan

Brian Waldron stated on Saturday their legal advice was thay had the valid contract.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Lockyer
    Are you being sarcastic?
    Yes. Because i dare say the legal team the Storm has would be very capable. As the Storm press release says (i posted it on last page) the Storm will decide what to do and then they will make a decision....hopefully they dont go to court, because as i said , no good will come out of it.

Junior Titan

Yeah but a new rugby league club like the titans don't want to spend any more money than they have to. The money they spend on a lwasuit could go towards a better training facility. Any way if they do go to court we have a good lawyer called Chris Nyst. He is my friends dads and he is the best lawyer in QLD.