Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation The Gold Coast Titans rivalry thread

I thought I would create a thead about the small rivalries that are growing.

Brisbane Broncos - local rival and long standing master of SEQLD.

Melbourne Storm - Steve Turner saga.
    Rivalries with Brisbane and Melbourne will be very healthy for passion and hype. Rivalries will also help the Gold Coast establish an identity.

Should be fun, especially considering my brother is a massive Storm fan.

Please keep the thread clean of trolling and baiting. It's just for fun.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan

Yeh I think they're might just be a teeeeeeeeeeeensy little rivalry between the Storm and the Titans.

Many thanks to Super Cronk for the great banner!

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Well the rivalry should be great between Titans and Broncos.

What about Titans and Cowboys? Would there be any?

Its just funny, 3 QLD teams, rivals of each other (mostly Broncos )!

Titans need to develop a strong rivalry with a Sydney team too, just to make it interesting.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Quote Originally Posted by [BroncosGirl]
    Well the rivalry should be great between Titans and Broncos.

What about Titans and Cowboys? Would there be any?

Its just funny, 3 QLD teams, rivals of each other (mostly Broncos )!

Titans need to develop a strong rivalry with a Sydney team too, just to make it interesting.
    :lol!: how bout the Dragons :lol!:

Nice thread here DIEHARD....

Let me tell you, you should have 14 out of 16 teams here for season 2007 as your rivals... I have been around the forums and the only teams that don't seem to have something against the Titans for whatever reason and their team for 2007 is the Warriors.

I can tell you right now that whilst there is a lot of support for the Titans, there is also a lot of dislike and annoyance...

Biggest comes from certain supporters, NOT ALL, of:

Brisbane: They don't like SE QLD being taken over by another team

Melbourne: Our New Number 1 Enemy, so many Storm supporter will be annoyed by the Turner Saga, the longer we will cause lack of ties between the two teams

I reckon SUCK IT UP.... I love being a disliked side... it means you are good, people only dislike due to some jealousy and you should use it to gain even more momentum for the team unity and support...
    Last edited by Titanium_BD1103; 18-08-06 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311

Let me tell you, you should have 14 out of 16 teams here for season 2007 as your rivals... I have been around the forums and the only teams that don't seem to have something against the Titans for whatever reason and their team for 2007 is the Warriors.

I can tell you right now that whilst there is a lot of support for the Titans, there is also a lot of dislike and annoyance...

Melbourne: Our New Number 1 Enemy, so many Storm supporter will be annoyed by the Turner Saga, the longer we will cause lack of ties between the two teams

I reckon SUCK IT UP.... I love being a disliked side... it means you are good, people only dislike due to some jealousy and you should use it to gain even more momentum for the team unity and support...
    I really think it's a great thing to have another QLD team in the NRL...Healthy rivilry..will bring out the best in all

Titan One Clubman

Rivalry is a great thing in sport, although not many fans seem to have much againts Canberra except those Westie Tigpie fans who are just bitter about 1989..

and ofcourse there is the Roosters, but everyone hates them

I think you surfer bums will have no trouble finding some rivals eace:

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311

Damn straight haha. Shall be the most interesting rivalry I think.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Michel-jennifer
    I really think it's a great thing to have another QLD team in the NRL...Healthy rivilry..will bring out the best in all
    I have to say, one of the best things about the titans (other than they play 5 steps from my place 2007), is the strength it will eventually bring for Origin. The QRL is a strong league, but the extra avenue provided for these players to see NRL game time will wreap great dividends 3-4 years from now.

nah the real rivalry that will emerge will probaly be who is goin to win the gold coast AFL OR NRL
    TITANS OR KANGAROOS
    LEAUGE VS LEAUGE
    MATE AGIANST MATE
    ANDDD.........im outta ideas
    GOLD COAST TITANS 08 "THATS MY TEAM"

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty
    Rivalry is a great thing in sport, although not many fans seem to have much againts Canberra except those Westie Tigpie fans who are just bitter about 1989..

and ofcourse there is the Roosters, but everyone hates them

I think you surfer bums will have no trouble finding some rivals eace:
    hey i protest ova the surfa bum remark
    for one surfas arnt bums but tight ****s ya no

As Corey and Dane say! "I hate those Melbourne Players"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    I thought I would create a thead about the small rivalries that are growing.

Rivalries with Brisbane and Melbourne will be very healthy for passion and hype. Rivalries will also help the Gold Coast establish an identity.

Should be fun, especially considering my brother is a massive Storm fan.

Please keep the thread clean of trolling and baiting. It's just for fun.
    Nice thread DIEHARD.

I see the following "rivalries" developing in our early years:

* Brisbane Broncos

Most will refer to the Broncos as our "big brother" given they came in to the league in 1988 as we did originally with the Gold Coast Giants. The Broncos are a huge success on and off the field and provide a great measuring stick for the Gold Coast Titans. Once Robina is built, we will be right up there in terms of being the complete package as a NRL franchise.

The Brisbane Broncos don't win many "outside" fans and that's how they like it. They are a club hellbent on success on and off the field (as we are or will be) and our home and away games with the premiership superpower will be a rivalry that will exist long after I and many others have moved on to a better place.

* Melbourne Storm

The Steve Turner saga is helping this one along though I don't think that is the basis of the rivalry. Melbourne in many ways mirror the Titans on and off the field in which the professionalism they are run is something I admire of the club. Melbourne (excluding the teams that merged) are the last club to be granted a NRL license so they lose the tag of "newbies" to the Titans.

Personally I think we can measure ourselves against the Melbourne Storm over the first 5-10 years on and off the field. If we are as successful on the field as Melbourne have been, it will have exceeded my expectations.

* Wests Tigers

Benny Elias is a FOT (Former Origin Tool) in my books and his comments when it comes to the Titans certainly will make the Tigers a "must beat" every season. Some Tigers fans I know still are not over the fact we signed Prince and Laffranchi - the same can said for some online and others who are attending Tigers games each week.

I think the Roosters will be a rivalry that form over time with Carty as our head coach - the master vs the apprentice will be a headline you will see the first Roosters game in 2007 pitting Stuart against Carty.

All in all - I CAN'T WAIT!

While the Broncos fans might not like another team stepping on their toes, I know there's a lot of league fans in Brisbane who really don't like the Broncos at all. So this will be a great alternative and create a lot of passion.

I'm wondering if there'll be some resentment of the Titans out Penrith way too. Puletua, Swain, Campbell, all from Penrith. Even Turner is a penrith junior.
    While I think there was sadness at Campbell leaving, there was more of a "good luck presto" feel, than "damn those titans!" But the thing with Frank might cause some issues.

While Hoss is a penrith legend, I know some resent that he ended up at the roosters, and that grudge might stick. Personally, while i'll happily hate the roosters, i'm not going to be upset about anyone who played/coached with them.

But despite all that, the Titans have Satts on board, and what Penrith supporter doesn't have a place for the grand final hero in their heart?

It should be interesting to see if a rivalry develops out of all that, or if it goes the other way and creates a bit of an affinity. I know it has for me.

what am i gunna do im a bronco diehard fan and a titan newborn