Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Robina Stadium

Default Robina Stadium

Hi does anyone know when the construction will commence and end??

Exact dates i don't know, but this is what was on the titans website

"ROBINA

The Gold Coast Titans new home at Robina will be ready for the 2008 season.
    The Major Sports Facilities Association (MSFA) will select a design toward the end of 2005, with construction to start soon after. "

Does anyone know if construction has started as in they started marking out the land and developing any part of it?

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by HodgoBerro
    Hi does anyone know when the construction will commence and end??
    I live up the road and for the last 5 months there has been workers using heavy earth equipment, guys taking measurements etc so they it can't be far away. Mayybe they are waiting on a final design

Being that the stadium is being built on flood plains the need to take the time to build the land up to avoid future troubles... The next phaze im sure will be setting up a good drainage system in the event of heavy rain...

At a guess with a 2008 deadline I would expect to see construction on the stadium its self around August/September this year.
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

80% of the build is the foundation

There will be a lot of concrete ect to pour and harden, and a lot of earth works. Once the foundation is right, it shouldnt take too long to constuct the rest

the plans shown on the home page look pretty impressive but all the works in the foundations just hope there on time for 2008

Default Carrara

This should have been ready for 2007 Carrara may be a killer for the first season, it is the worst ground i have ever watched football at.

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

^ It takes time to build a 25000 seater stadium you know. The government didn't propose the stadium that long back.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Default carrara

Quote Originally Posted by The Original Idiot
    ^ It takes time to build a 25000 seater stadium you know. The government didn't propose the stadium that long back.
    Ok i will say it would have been good if it was ready for 2007, new club new stadium would have been great, i just think people will lose interest quickly with Carrara it is a shocking place to watch footy

There have been reports that the stadium might be ready mid way during 2007; if that was the case I dont think it would be viable to move a couple of games from Cararra to Robina. If the Titans were to make the finals next year and get a home final we could possibly see the first use of Robina. But if the Titans were to make the finals in 07 I think they would use Suncorp Stadium.

Wouldnt that be good the opening of the new stadium for a semi final so good to me :beer:

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

Imagine this headline on the front page of the GC Bulletin:
    "Downpour causes flooding during semi-final."
    Hopefully this doesn't happen!!!

Today I had to go to Robina so I thought I'd check out the Stadium site. This morning I saw some surveyors having a look at the site. The gates were open and they were inside checking it out. Shouldn't be too long and we should be in Business. Below are a couple of pics I was able to take from my phone. It doesn't show much, but as a Titans supporter it may seem significant.

I was working in Milton when Suncorp was getting developed and my IT Dept basically had a birds eye view of suncorp, it was good to watch the daily progress of the site and hopefully we should be able to bring more pics at a later stage. Watch this space!

i hope those steel gates are not going to be there when its finished!