Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Titan First Grade Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    You come from the CC Daz, you'd already know the way the Mariners are eating into the culture there and good on them, they have taken the town by storm and everyone after last years success and this years success so far in pre-season is painting the town blue and Yellow... I know it will have an impact and the longer the CC is without a team, the harder it will be for the NRL to put one in there...

However I do agree just for the need to spread our game further than the eastern states, that Adelaide and Perth need to come first.

As for the Bears, you won't be called that when you enter the NRL.... just like with Redcliffe and the Gold Coast, Norths own the name and the brand, and they are now connected to Souths, Norths will do a Redcliffe if you try to name yourself the Bears and will win... so I think the RIP or the Waves are a better option.
    The Central Coast already as you know is known as Central Coast Rip, i dont want the Bears stealing our local identity, also on the Mariners, they play in the summer there would be no overlap to the season.cya. :spit:

The Central Coast is like a time bomb the longer the NRL wait the harder it will be to have a successfull team because of the mariners i think a team though not to far short in the future will relocate and my bet atm is going towards the roosters moving

Quote Originally Posted by RIP
    I think RIP is an awsome name. I like Perth & adelaide but I would prefer Wellington cause lets face it, Most young talent have kiwi blood in them & by having a extra kiwi side we will these talented players grow & will have even more action packed games on the weekend but I'll probly wouldn't like the cc geting in cause I said it before somewhere That it wouldn't be an exspanion as such cause it's so close to sydney than the other teams. sorry Cliffy boy. but If you disagree with me give it too me but not to much hardcore cause I think it leads it too personal
    Yeah thats sweet, no biggy, and it wont get personal it is just that i was one of those who supported the JV and loved the fact i only had to travel 30 minutes to a game but that was spoiled by a militant faction of the North Sydney club's supporters and it almost destroyed Manly in the process.

My choice of further expansion has to be in Perth and Adelaide, why?, because it realy puts the National into the National Rugby League, considering as of next year the ARU will have an 8 to 10 team National competion including Perth and Adelaide.cya.

Adelaide will probably get entered just because the people there support anything that is Adelaide. In 1997 they averaged 15000 per game. That is awesome compared to others at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Member
    Adelaide will probably get entered just because the people there support anything that is Adelaide. In 1997 they averaged 15000 per game. That is awesome compared to others at the time.
    Quite right, Adelaide would get behind a RL team and i think they should stick to the Rams name, if not then the Merino's would be a good name.cya.

Singo backs down to back up Bears

SINGO is again getting behind the Bears. John Singleton has agreed to a $2 million deal to help ensure the Central Coast Bears are the next franchise to obtain an NRL licence.

The multimillionaire advertising guru has long been an advocate of a rugby league team in the Gosford region but vowed to walk away after the Bears were overlooked in favour of the Gold Coast when the competition last expanded.

However, he has had a change of heart and, through the Bluetongue Stadium he owns, will become a shareholder in the franchise if it is granted an NRL licence. The Bears will make a statement this morning confirming the arrangement.

The development is a huge boost for the Bears, who are battling with Brisbane, Central Queensland, Perth, Ipswich, Wellington and Papua New Guinea for entry into the league.

Singleton has had a long involvement with the game and in 2005 was awarded a life membership at the Newtown Jets, the foundation club which he had supported for so long.

The entrepreneur and racing identity was disenchanted after the NRL last knocked back the Central Coast and was quoted as saying in 2008: ''I made that clear last time, here's a $50 million bank guarantee but I want it while I'm still young enough to enjoy it ? You feel really insulted when you have got the ground and money and they still tell you to get f---ed.''

Singleton wants to stay in the background this time and the investment has been made through his Central Coast Stadium rather than personally.

''He's a rugby league fan and he's invested into the stadium many years ago,'' Bears chief executive Greg Florimo said. ''Obviously, he'd love to see the stadium attract big crowds every second weekend and that's what the Central Coast Bears can deliver.

''With this decision on the stadium's behalf, hopefully we can reinvigorate Singo to come back and love the game like he once did.

''He's got a soft spot for rugby league and a soft spot for the Central Coast, so this fits in nicely.''

Bluetongue Stadium managing director, Monique Marks, added: ''We'd love to see a team on the Central Coast and this is a commercial decision for the stadium. That's why we've decided to invest our money and to become a shareholder.''

The Bears have taken several steps towards NRL admission including signing up 7000 financial members; attracting 90 cash sponsors; preparing an official bid document and topping the 25,000 follower mark on Facebook.

The club had also previously secured Bluetongue Stadium as their home ground.

''It is a world-class stadium and it will give us a platform to build our shareholding base with the club and a platform to connect with the community,'' Florimo said.

''The league needs to see a required amount of capital in the bank and this investment gives part of that capital. It doesn't guarantee a licence for us but it certainly adds weight to our argument.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER