Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Titan

Default Central Coast Bears

Hi everyone,

What does everyone think about the Central Coast Bears joining the NRL with games split between Central Coast Stadium and North Sydney Oval? The Roosters V Knights game today attracted 18,000 of us, there's the corporate support there and great home grounds... Not to mention the Leagues Club directly across the road!

The other bid - Southern Orcas from NZ I believe fall short, the one NZ team at the moment can't attract a crowd.. Comments?

Ain't going to happen till 2012.. that is when the next team is considered... and to be honest, I use to be a bears fan.. but I don't want the Bears ahead of the Orcas.

The Reasons

- Southern NZ is full of talent, we need a team there to ensure they don't go to Rugby.

- It's like Melbourne to an extent, you ain't going to get super crowds, but give it time and people will support it... and we need to ensure Rugby League survives over the Tasman, for the sack of international Rugby League as much as the NRL.

I don't know, I would like a side at the CC, but to be honest, I think it will mean a team re-locating there.... and also, to top it off, you need better players than currently come through the system, the RIP are dead last in the Flegg by a long way.. it needs more juniors coming through, which is happening... but they are being taken by the Storm, who are now using the CC as a feeder area.

As for North Sydney Oval, Souths and Norths have struck a deal now... you ain't going to see any other team besides the North Sydney Rabbitohs, sorry Bears playing out of North Sydney Oval, and I like that... and also for that reason... Central Coast can no longer be called the Bears.

As for a side there, it will happen, but not now.... for now its the GC's time to shine and maybe in 2012 we can think about it, and if Norths and Souths partnership works... then you may also be looking for another name...

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

Perth or Adelaide would get my vote before the CC.

Thanx to Steelers for the handywork!!!

Titan First Grade Regular

Quote Originally Posted by daz
    Hi everyone,

What does everyone think about the Central Coast Bears joining the NRL with games split between Central Coast Stadium and North Sydney Oval? The Roosters V Knights game today attracted 18,000 of us, there's the corporate support there and great home grounds... Not to mention the Leagues Club directly across the road!

The other bid - Southern Orcas from NZ I believe fall short, the one NZ team at the moment can't attract a crowd.. Comments?
    Hey daz, just to state that the Bears did have half a team on the CC when they were in the JV with Manly, but what happened, the Norths fans via the Red and Black Army ran a hate campaign for two years and they got a hostile group (Bring back the Bears Group) elected to the board of the NS Leagues club and immidiately withdrew financial support to the JV and after the JV collapsed the Bears rean a further hate campaign on the Central Coast driving thousands of supporters away.

And to add further salt to the wounds, the Bears walked out of the Central Coast after their bid failed and then launched into a scathing hate campaign towards the NRL and David Gallop personally, and some there are now attacking the Central Coast Rip for having talks with the Storm, the Bear are a mal administered club both at leagues and football club level, even one of the backers of the Gold Coast Titans the Tweed Head club now has full control of their leagues club.

No, we on the Central Coast want nothing to do with the Bears, they had their chance and blew it, i would not walk across the road the watch those pathetic Drop Bears.cya. :bored:

Junior Titan

First of all welcome to the forums. I think the nrl isn't in a financial position to put another team in straight after the titans. So not for the next 10 years i say

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Lockyer
    First of all welcome to the forums. I think the nrl isn't in a financial position to put another team in straight after the titans. So not for the next 10 years i say
    The NRL are expanding to a 18 team comp in 2012, and bids will be considered in 2010, at this point of time the NRL have Perth and Adelaide as their 1st and 2nd choice, with Wellington (NZ) and the Central Coast 3rd and 4th.cya. :radio:

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eel 33
    Perth or Adelaide would get my vote before the CC.
    Both teams have already had a crack, and both failed... Fair enough, Adelaide crumbled because of Super League... but they struggled to attract big name players there (like canberra). I would like both Perth and Adelaide teams in for a truly national comp, but would you risk a team there when you know CC will attract big crowds and big name players?

Both teams have already had a crack, and both failed... Fair enough, Adelaide crumbled because of Super League... but they struggled to attract big name players there (like canberra). I would like both Perth and Adelaide teams in for a truly national comp, but would you risk a team there when you know CC will attract big crowds and big name players?
    yep because perth has a great untapped market over there and adelaide wouldve been a success if the superleauge didnt interfere the only team im worried about is adelaide simply because their going to b like melbourne but perth should do fine and you may find a couple of wa players might want to go home as they have some very talented juniors...... where as the central coast got screwed by northern eagles northsydney and manly were both the problem but id say give adelaide and perth a go first because chances are there will be a team that will take the 8 million and move (god i ramble too much)

Junior Titan

good points Clifford and grimmace.... I see your arguments!

Although I think perth and adelaide should come in before a 2nd New Zealand team

good points Clifford and grimmace.... I see your arguments!

Although I think perth and adelaide should come in before a 2nd New Zealand team
    Unfortuanetly for both the central coast and n.z adelaide and perth will get a team before they do and once they are up and running im sure there will be a second team in N.Z and a team on the central coast its just a matter of when and from what i gather speaking to the loocals they dont want their team named the central coast bears

Junior Titan

Grimmace I am from the CC and i havent heard anything like that...

Do you think the A-League and rugby's new National Comp will have an affect on the NRL? I think A-League definately will...

it will and afl is going to suffer too Afl will have the biggest effect but in all seriousness soccer will be like rugby it will be bigger on the international level and lol there is no way afl will ever be on an international level where as leauge union and soccer can be so i know which one is more appealing and this is why afl is giving players pay rises

Grimmace I am from the CC and i havent heard anything like that...

Do you think the A-League and rugby's new National Comp will have an affect on the NRL? I think A-League definately will...
    You come from the CC Daz, you'd already know the way the Mariners are eating into the culture there and good on them, they have taken the town by storm and everyone after last years success and this years success so far in pre-season is painting the town blue and Yellow... I know it will have an impact and the longer the CC is without a team, the harder it will be for the NRL to put one in there...

However I do agree just for the need to spread our game further than the eastern states, that Adelaide and Perth need to come first.

As for the Bears, you won't be called that when you enter the NRL.... just like with Redcliffe and the Gold Coast, Norths own the name and the brand, and they are now connected to Souths, Norths will do a Redcliffe if you try to name yourself the Bears and will win... so I think the RIP or the Waves are a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    so I think the RIP or the Waves are a better option.
    I think RIP is an awsome name. I like Perth & adelaide but I would prefer Wellington cause lets face it, Most young talent have kiwi blood in them & by having a extra kiwi side we will these talented players grow & will have even more action packed games on the weekend but I'll probly wouldn't like the cc geting in cause I said it before somewhere That it wouldn't be an exspanion as such cause it's so close to sydney than the other teams. sorry Cliffy boy. but If you disagree with me give it too me but not to much hardcore cause I think it leads it too personal

I would agree with you, a Central Coast team would work but as long it has nothing to do with the Bears.cya.