Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eel 33
    Just seen on Ten News that Karmichael Hunt has been accused of spraying water over ppl in a taxi rank last friday night. Some ppl want to nail footy players for anything these days.
    Oh no not water Its level 3 water restrictions in South East Queensland!!! :lol!:

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    Oh no not water Its level 3 water restrictions in South East Queensland!!! :lol!:
    LMAO at Queenslander...

Also on Ten News:

He was cleared of any wrong doing...

Well Channel 7 Local News (Sunshine Coast) didn't report him being cleared of anything, and reported allegations that he was also pushing people at the taxi rank, and 6 other poeple were arrested.

Titan CEO

Thats what i hate about these sorts of things...noone ever knows whats going on! The club never releases the full story and we only have news articles to go off.

About the "water squirting incident"

On channel 9 news Brisbane, Bruno Cullen said the first he heard about it was on the news. He was with his grand-daughter and she said that happens to her at school every day. No player was named about this incident either.

nah he didnt punch a chick in the face the accidently headbutted a female patron in the face while trying to kiss her......while drunk
    but hey its not as bad as wat mel gibson did
    GOLD COAST TITANS 08 "THATS MY TEAM"

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Thats not what I heard about Karmichael Hunt. He allegedly pushed a woman, and started a fight... of course he said its not true, he was just a bystander in the incident.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by travop
    nah he didnt punch a chick in the face the accidently headbutted a female patron in the face while trying to kiss her......while drunk
    but hey its not as bad as wat mel gibson did
    WE dont need to get into the Mel Gibson topic here mate.

Also yes that is the story apprently he tried to kiss her but head butted her....seems a little odd to me tho.

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk
    WE dont need to get into the Mel Gibson topic here mate.

Also yes that is the story apprently he tried to kiss her but head butted her....seems a little odd to me tho.
    Haha i know aye. Who does that!! Bad aim or what?
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

This is a nothing story,
    Reported by some goose who had nothing to do with the alledged incident.

Also the alledged Taxi incident, only had a broncos player at the scene, talk about guilty by association.

Sometimes i swear we destroy our game from the inside out

Very true Coaster... I am starting to feel for those close to the Broncos, as a Bulldogs fan, this is starting to become like deja vu, no one gets anywhere and everyone gets accused..

As I said, I am saying nothing except to report info, and here is some more.

Broncos lash Hunt assault claims
    By Jim Morton and Laine Clark
    August 2, 2006

BRISBANE has lashed out at allegations that Broncos and Australia fullback Karmichael Hunt has been involved in late-night misbehaviour.

Channel 10 and Channel 7 in Brisbane reported tonight that Hunt was at the centre of a cab-rank assault, but Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen said the reports were "disgraceful and irresponsible''.

Ten reported that a woman had filed a complaint that the injured star squirted water at her at Eagle Street rank in central Brisbane late on Saturday night.

Seven reported that Hunt had pushed a woman at the cab rank, sparking a melee that saw six people arrested early on Sunday morning.

The Broncos issued a statement tonight to say the club was "very reliably informed" that Hunt was neither the nominated suspect nor involved in the incident.

Cullen said that Hunt was merely standing in the cab rank when a woman was squirted with water and, as a recognisable face, she had named the player as a witness in a police report to help identify the person responsible.

"These reports have the potential to damage his reputation, when he was simply a bystander," Cullen said.

"It seems like it's a feeding frenzy.

"They might have Brett Seymour so let's throw another one in the mix because he's been implicated in some way.

"The poor bugger has been implicated because he's been standing at a cab rank."

Police confirmed that an assault had allegedly taken place at the cab rank, but would not identify the people who were involved.

Seven reported that Hunt left the scene by taxi before police arrived to settle the melee. Seven also reported that the woman whom Hunt had allegedly pushed had opted against taking police action.

Hunt, sidelined after undergoing ankle surgery in June, said he witnessed an incident but had not been involved.

"I was in the vicinity of a fight but I didn't start it," he said.

"I haven't been notified of anything like that (assault) so I wouldn't know what the complaint is about.

"It is a surprise.

"I haven't been notified so I have got no comment on that."

Cullen also lamented that Hunt's high profile had made him an easy target for complaints.

"I believe the accusation we're talking about now is certainly one of those, it's certainly by association rather than by action," Cullen said.

The reports today were broadcast on the back of allegations yesterday that dumped halfback Brett Seymour had head-butted a young woman on a hotel dancefloor early on Monday morning.

Seymour will continue to play for the Broncos' feeder side while under investigation, turning out for Queensland Cup side Toowoomba against Norths on Saturday.

Seymour's legal team has said the player had been slapped in the face by one of the women.

AAP

Broncos clear Hunt but cloud hangs over Seymour
    BRISBANE halfback Brett Seymour's immediate playing future was still up in the air last night as his Broncos teammate Karmichael Hunt was cleared by the club of any involvement in another alleged assault on a woman.

Just days after Seymour was alleged to have assaulted a woman in a Brisbane pub, Hunt, the Test and Origin fullback, was linked to further unsavoury claims.

After discussions with police late yesterday, the Broncos issued a statement saying the club had been "very reliably informed" the 19-year-old Hunt was not involved in the assault, alleged to have occurred last Saturday night at a taxi rank outside a Brisbane nightspot.

"It appears Karmichael Hunt was named simply because he was the only recognisable face among a group of young men in the rank cab," the Broncos statement read. "By identifying the Broncos player, the woman believed this may lead to the identification of others allegedly involved in the incident."

The incident occurred at about midnight outside Friday's nightclub. A woman claimed she had water sprayed on her, but Hunt denied he was involved. The Broncos had not received any complaints from either the police or the public.

Hunt told Brisbane officials that, after witnessing a scuffle, he left the scene in a taxi before police arrived.

"No one approached us," Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen told the Herald. "We haven't received notification from the police, from the alleged victim, or her friends or boyfriend, which we would expect to under the circumstances."

Brisbane police last night issued a statement confirming they were investigating an alleged assault after receiving a formal complaint, but did not name any suspects.

Hunt, who represented Queensland and Australia this season, has been sidelined with a broken foot since round 15 and was out with friends on the night in question. Quizzed yesterday about the incident, he told reporters: "I was in the vicinity of a fight but I didn't start it."

Meanwhile, Seymour may know today whether he will be charged over the incident at the Regatta Hotel in Toowong in the early hours of Monday.

The Broncos yesterday conducted interviews with independent witnesses who were at the hotel on the night, but who are not aligned with either the club or the women, the club believing they would be more reliable - at least in the public eye - than the players they have already spoken to.

A first woman has told police that Seymour tried to kiss her but accidentally head butted her. A second woman then apparently confronted him, slapped him in the face before a scuffle ensued.
    A number of witnesses have apparently come forward saying they saw the second incident, but finding witnesses who saw the initial altercation is proving tougher for the club.

Cullen said, as the situation stood, Seymour would be playing for the Toowoomba Clydesdales - the Broncos' feeder team - this weekend in the Queensland Cup competition. But that could change if police decide to charge him. "He'll be with the Clydesdales," Cullen said. "If they choose to play him, and I expect they would, he'll play. Our position is, we'll take the next course of action following the police investigation."

The Herald understands Seymour will be suspended if charged and, if found guilty of a serious offence, he could be sacked.

Last week, Seymour was given permission to look for another club after being told he was not required in first grade.

■ North Queensland star Johnathan Thurston has confirmed he will be sidelined until at least the final match of the regular season (against Parramatta) through injury.

The Cowboys had hoped for a swifter recovery from the knee injury Thurston suffered in round 20 against Brisbane but, in a significant blow to North Queensland's chances of securing a top-eight berth, he said he was still at least a month away from a return.

"I'm hoping to be back for the last round," Thurston said. "It's coming along OK. I'm getting a lot of physio done and I'm looking after it, but the last game's what I'm hoping for."

■ Roosters winger Amos Roberts escaped a two-match suspension at the NRL judiciary last night after being found not guilty of a dangerous throw last Sunday against North Queensland. Roberts was charged with a grade one dangerous throw but his legal representative Geoff Bellew successfully argued it was simply a drive tackle; that there was no lifting action from the winger.

The 25-year-old is now free to play for the Roosters against Newcastle in Gosford this Sunday in a boost for the club, which last week lost prop Adrian Morley for the rest of the season through suspension.

"One win, one loss," Roosters chief executive Brian Canavan said after the hearing. "We're very relieved. Now hopefully we can just string something together before the season runs out."
    [url]http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/broncos-clear-hunt-but-cloud-hangs-over-seymour/2006/08/02/1154198205674.html?page=2[/url

i thourgh that seymour was only in an incident and now hunt man the broncos are gunna get their ass wopped in the finals if all their players are gunna play up in public :curse:
    GOLD COAST TITANS 08 "THATS MY TEAM"

I really do feel for hunt and buster - Hunt is denying the allegations

I was talking to hunt today and he reckons they are only popping up because
    a) they are not doing too well and
    b) the people involved wanna get some money out of it.

I wish them all the best in what goes on like come on we are the broncos not the bulldogs.

Titan CEO

Ummm....how exactly would the "people involved" get money out of it?