Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Source: www.foxsports.com.au
    BRISBANE Broncos boss Bruno Cullen says he is "disappointed" jilted halfback Brett Seymour has been named as a player in the middle of an investigation into an alleged incident at a Brisbane hotel early this morning.

Channel 7 tonight said the NRL club had asked Queensland Police to investigate claims Seymour was involved in an alleged assault at the Regatta Hotel at Toowong in Brisbane's inner-west.

Seven also said police claimed a female hotel patron was deciding whether to make a complaint.

Cullen tonight said he could not confirm whether Seymour had been involved in an incident at about 12.30am this morning (AEST) at the hotel where several Broncos players gathered after losing 20-6 to the Wests Tigers on Sunday afternoon.

But Cullen said the Broncos would also conduct a thorough internal investigation of the rumours that emerged today.

The Broncos got on the front foot today, releasing a statement saying it had contacted Queensland police to investigate an incident allegedly involving one of its players.

Cullen said playing staff heard "rumours" today and wanted to get to the bottom of them despite not hearing from the hotel, police or public about the alleged incident.

"The guys had a recovery this morning and following that a couple of the staff said we should look into where the boys went last night and what happened ? there's a couple of stories out there," Cullen said.

A police spokesman tonight said no complaint had been made against any Broncos players but did confirm officers attended a Toowong hotel earlier this morning.

Seymour was among several Broncos players who met with Cullen today to discuss the alleged incident.

But the Broncos boss said the club was no closer to getting to the bottom of the rumours.

"It's quite strange. If rumours go around like this usually you get calls from the police, the hotel, people who were involved and their parents ? but we have heard nothing but rumours," Cullen said.

"So we have gone onto the front foot, we thought we better find out what's going on.

"We've started making phone calls and putting together ourselves what might have happened because no one else is saying anything.

"I'm disappointed for Brett that he has been named (by Channel Seven).

"We are not trying to push anything under the carpet. We've got a pretty strict policy and we will act by that policy but to do so we have to find out what happened."

Cullen said penalty options ranged "from a slap on the wrist to dismissal" depending on the severity of the incident.

"If there are people who haven't been treated well (by Broncos players) we want them to come forward," he said.

Seymour has been relegated to the Broncos reserves team, Queensland Cup outfit Toowoomba, this season due to poor NRL form.

He has been told his services won't be needed next year after Brisbane hired North Queensland No.7 Brent McConnell and it is expected the club will also extend veteran halfback Shane Perry's contract.

The Broncos have their own on-field worries after dropping five of their last seven games, putting them at risk of missing the finals for the first time since 1991.

Junior Titan

He's an idiot by doing that

I know this is a very bad but do you blame him. The Donkeys keep tossing him around between Toowoomba and Donkeys, then Old man Bennett gets in his ear saying he is the next coming of Alf Langer, then Cullen says we dont need you

Titan CEO

foxsports.com.au

BRISBANE Broncos are investigating an alleged incident involving dumped halfback Brett Seymour at a Brisbane hotel in the early hours of yesterday morning.

Police last night said no complaint had been made over the incident which involved at least one young woman, but the club said it wanted the matter "thoroughly examined".

The Broncos would not name the player but television news said Seymour "was assaulted" at the Regatta Hotel in Brisbane's inner-west about 1am yesterday.

It also was claimed a young woman was deciding whether to complain to police over the incident.

Seymour, 21, had been dropped from the NRL team which played Wests Tigers on Sunday.

He has been put on the open market after the Broncos last week told him he was free to negotiate with other clubs.

In a carefully worded statement, Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen said the club had been made aware by a third party of an "unspecified incident".

"We will be thoroughly examining all information received before any further statement is made by the club."

Police said last night the incident was not being investigated but confirmed officers had been sent to the hotel over allegations a woman had been "aggressively fondled".

Sources said it appeared the woman dropped the allegations after police arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    *SEVEN NEWS REPORT:*

The Player is dropped First Grade Halfback Brett Seymour.... the incident apparently happened last night.
    Brett Seymour was dropped a day before the incident took place - i was talking to him on the sunday saying that i was really sorry to hear he was going to be dropped.

I'm not getting involved with it - and i think this thread should be locked as there is no sufficient evidence to support Seymour was involved.

I personally don't like 'he said, she said' stories or something brewed up from the media. And i personally don't like people pointing fingers at other people when they don't know the full extent of the story

As a FRIEND of Bretts i'm sure he'd be disappointed to hear that these kind of stories are making the news.

Until the full investigation is complete - i will have no part in garbage like this

I will agree with you on that... hence why no one here has said anything except reporting the media Lauren... we are not getting involved either... and hence we have also highlighted the words allegedly... it is not proven.

As I said in my first post on the very first page, I am not saying anything until its proven, besides reporting what the media states, as those on this forum have a right to hear that.

Broncos' Seymour faces headbutt claim
    Broncos halfback Brett Seymour is alleged to have headbutted a woman while trying to kiss her on a Brisbane hotel dance floor.

Seymour, 21, was interviewed Tuesday by Queensland Police after two women filed complaints regarding the alleged incident at the Regatta Hotel at Toowong in Brisbane's inner-west early on Monday morning.

If found guilty of assault, Seymour could face the same fate as former Cronulla Shark Tevita Latu who had his NRL contract torn up after punching a 19-year-old woman in the face in May.

The NRL club took the unusual step Monday of asking police to investigate claims Brisbane players were involved in an alleged assault at the hotel after a "third party" notified the Broncos.

Two women gave police statements on Tuesday alleging Seymour headbutted one of them while trying to kiss her on the hotel dance floor.

It is alleged the woman's friend then slapped Seymour.

However, Seymour's legal team claimed their client had only been slapped in the face by one of the women.

Broncos player Brent Tate also gave a statement at the Indooroopilly police station regarding the alleged incident.

"The club has today been advised that two complaints have been received by police in regard to an incident at the weekend allegedly involving Broncos player Brett Seymour," a Broncos spokesman said in a statement.

"Seymour has been interviewed by police this afternoon in respect of the matter and it is the Broncos advice that no charges have been laid against him.

"The Broncos advise that the club's internal investigation of the alleged incident is continuing."

Seymour was unavailable for comment but his manager George Mimis said his client was "laying low".

The halfback is contracted until the end of 2007 but was told last week by coach Wayne Bennett that his services were no longer required by the club.

"He was told he would not be required for NRL duties this year or next year," Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen told AAP.

Asked what that meant, Cullen said: "It means if he wants to play NRL next year, he better go and find another club."

Mimis would not comment on speculation Seymour had already been unsuccessfully shopped around to other NRL clubs.

"I can't confirm anything at this point. It's his private business," he said.

"We're not in the business of publishing people's private business affairs."

The Broncos are holding an internal investigation of the allegations but Cullen said the NRL club had not yet found a witness to the alleged incident.

"We're finding it very difficult to find an eye witness," he said.

"We've interviewed everybody that we found was there and at this stage we won't be doing anything further until the police finish their investigation."

Some Brisbane players went to the Regatta Hotel after a team dinner at the Broncos Leagues Club following their 20-6 loss to Wests Tigers on Sunday - their fifth defeat in seven games.

GO QUEENSLAND!!!

Source of that article is www.foxsports.com.au...

NRL has enough media as it is without all of these incidents happening...
    [IMG][/QUOTE][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by HodgoBerro
    I'm not getting involved with it - and i think this thread should be locked as there is no sufficient evidence to support Seymour was involved.
    Being a fellow Broncos fan I understand why you would want this thread locked. HOWEVER this is a current new story and we cannot hide from the story.

As is bolded and underlined in my posts this is an alleged and hopefully fellow Titan forum members understand this.

************************************************** *******************************************

Seymour will keep playing: Broncos boss
    Wednesday, August 2, 2006 - 8:15 AM

Brisbane Broncos boss Bruno Cullen says halfback Brett Seymour will continue to play for the NRL club's feeder side, Toowoomba, as police investigate assault allegations against the player.

Seymour is alleged to have headbutted a woman while trying to kiss her on the dance floor at the Regatta Hotel at Toowong in Brisbane's inner-west early on Monday morning.

A second "high profile" Broncos player is also reportedly being investigated by police for allegedly assaulting a woman at a taxi rank outside a Brisbane nightclub last Friday night.

Seymour, 21, was interviewed by Queensland Police after two women filed complaints regarding the alleged incident at the Brisbane hotel.

No charges have been laid.

The NRL club is also holding its own investigation into the alleged incident.

"He has been interviewed by the police and the police haven't charged him," Cullen told ABC Radio.

"So where it stands at the moment, that's the status quo.

"Our position may change ... if our own investigation brings up something that we feel needs to be addressed or alternatively the police lay charges."

Seymour is contracted until the end of 2007 but has been told by coach Wayne Bennett that his services won't be required by the club next year.

Seymour will run out for Queensland Cup side Toowoomba against Brisbane Norths at Toowoomba on Saturday.

ABC TV said another woman had contacted Brisbane detectives to make an official complaint about an alleged taxi rank assault last Friday night.

The ABC said the woman suffered minor injuries in the alleged incident.

A police spokesman said detectives had conducted an investigation regarding a taxi rank incident last Friday night but could not confirm who had been involved.

Cullen was not available for comment on ABC TV's report of a second Broncos player being investigated.

Source: AAP

Unsavoury, though I too will wait and see.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Titan CEO

You dont associate this type of thing with the Broncos. As a whole the club seems pretty respectful of the community and women in particular....so if these allegations are true its a real shame for the club and the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk
    You dont associate this type of thing with the Broncos. As a whole the club seems pretty respectful of the community and women in particular....so if these allegations are true its a real shame for the club and the game.
    Very true ...

Well done to the majority here contributing to the thread - a topic that could easily get out of hand though has not despite the heavy Bronco presence on this forum.

glad to hear hes not on the broncos playing roster for next year anyhow

LIVE ORIGIN DRINK XXXX BLEED MAROON
    FINEST STATE FINEST TEAM FINEST BEER XXXX

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

Just seen on Ten News that Karmichael Hunt has been accused of spraying water over ppl in a taxi rank last friday night. Some ppl want to nail footy players for anything these days.

Thanx to Steelers for the handywork!!!