Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

For me Personally, I would not travel to Brisbane to watch a titans match. We are the GOLD COAST titans, Not the south east Queensland titans.
    Honestly I think that Management should bite the bullet and live with the current situation, And come 2008 move to the new Robina stadium.
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

Its not acceptable!!

The Council is voted by us, and i will not vote for the Hack Clark again if he renigs on this promise and offsets the Titans debut season by playing it in another CITY!!!

Its not f##ing acceptable

Frankly I don't live in the GC or QLD... so I couldn't really care where the team plays in terms of distance... however for the sake of the club...its time to fight for the right...

I reckon this will be an aweful 2007 if you have to share the ground, so fight to ensure that you get some sort of advantage seeing as you are the home team.

As for if you have to move.. what about QASC Stadium... isn't it ok still for playing games???

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    Frankly I don't live in the GC or QLD... so I couldn't really care where the team plays in terms of distance... however for the sake of the club...its time to fight for the right...

I reckon this will be an aweful 2007 if you have to share the ground, so fight to ensure that you get some sort of advantage seeing as you are the home team.

As for if you have to move.. what about QASC Stadium... isn't it ok still for playing games???
    Yeah but theres no pint in being the gold coast titans when they play in Brisbane

Carrara is fine.

They are spending 38 million on the road into the place to make it what it should be, The only thing we need is portable seating for the rectangular shape and to fit as many into the ground as possible.

The seating is there and available, and Clarke wont let us use it, becuase he believes it will destroy the outside of the ground for FUTURE AFL games.

He is supposed to be the mayor of the Gold Coast, the Gold Coast is getting its first true National side they have had in 10 years.

The Fans of the Titans cannot allow this blantant Chess move by a AFL loving Victorian to halt the progress of OUR TEAM!!

Im bloody outraged.

The City deserves better than this

Me on broncos site
    The reason this has hit the headlines so hard is becuase this useless AFL loving victorian that we call Mayor was supposed to utilise portable seating around carrara to make it rectanglur and fit as many into the ground as possible.\

But after 1 million donation from the AFL, and the promise of at least 3 games over the next 2 years , he has renigged on this promise to the people who voted for him, and dismissed the idea of the extra seating.

38 Million dollars is being spent on the road in/out of Carrara, So the State is behind the venture, but for some reason the only 2 things we needed this upstart to do was,
    1. Cloose a place for us to build, in time for us to get it built for the start of the season - This was delayed while Clarke went on holidays and eventually left us behind for the 2007 season
    2. Allow portable seats to make the ground NRL compatable, as Promised when they took there time over the stadium - This has now been dismissed due to BS

The Titans are now looking at options, and one of those is to play the opening round at Suncorp against the Broncos to fully launch the team into the NRL, and to recover lost revenue due to this fools reluctance to actually help the city he governs.

The Titans dont have Big brother envy, in fact to date the only player that has played for the Broncos that will be in our squad is Myers, and Prince which shouldnt count. (im hearing friend also, ill check this) but you get my point

The Titans have tried there hardest to make there transition into SEQLD as easy as possible, and not stepped on to Broncos anything.

The best course of action, is for the Titans to Play there first home game on GOLD COAST soil, not Suncorp, and not against the Broncos, all we need to do is convice this fool Clark, that the people come first

Well said Coaster,

Is this 'Ron Clarke' running for office next term?
    When do you guys vote next?

The Titan management team have done so much and worked too hard to have this little ex-Victorian grub bugger up the new venture. Searly will fix him and his AFL agenda. :box:

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by wombat68
    The Titan management team have done so much and worked too hard to have this little ex-Victorian grub bugger up the new venture. Searly will fix him and his AFL agenda. :box:
    well said

And the Battle Begins.... GO SEARLE GO!!!...

Oval row may unseat Titans
    By Stuart Honeysett
    July 25, 2006

Clarke ... NRL believes the Gold Coast Mayor has reneged on deal. Pic: Bruce Long

A PLAN for top-flight rugby league and Australian rules football clubs to share a stadium has sparked a brawl that could force league's newest team - the Gold Coast Titans - to play its entire first season 80km away in Brisbane.

The dispute started earlier this year when the Gold Coast Council agreed to let the Australian Football League stage up to 10 games for the Melbourne-based Kangaroos at Carrara Stadium over three years.

The decision means the council will not install extra temporary seating to turn the Carrara ground into a rectangular playing surface for Titans games.

National Rugby League chief operating officer Graham Annesley, who is trying to help the Titans resolve the situation, claims it breaches a deal signed with the club ahead of its first season next year.

And he warned yesterday that the Titans could now switch games to Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium.

"If we are forced to do this, the Gold Coast Council will have to explain to Titans fans why they would have to travel three hours to Brisbane and back each time they attend a home game," Mr Annesley said.

"It was made perfectly clear to the council prior to the Titans' licence being granted last year that they must play in a rectangular stadium, and now they only seem intent on appeasing the AFL instead of looking after their own rugby league team."

The Titans are unhappy with Gold Coast Mayor and former Olympic runner Ron Clarke, whom they believe has reneged on the deal that the club must play with the ground in a rectangular configuration.

It has been estimated that the council's refusal to allow temporary seating could cost the Titans more than $1 million in lost revenue.

The situation could come to a head today when Titans officials meet Deputy Mayor David Power and other council representatives.

"We tend to have a renegade mayor hell-bent on doing whatever he can to force us into the situation we're in," Titans managing director Michael Searle said. "The benefit we've got is he's only one of 16 and he doesn't have control of the council.

"Hopefully we can put all the evidence in front of the existing councillors which emphatically confirms there was an agreement with the NRL and us around a squared-off facility if we secured a licence."

The Australian rules fraternity is fighting another battle over stadiums in Western Australia, where the state Government has proposed a new multi-purpose arena that would break the stranglehold of football and cricket over Perth's major sporting venues.

The new stadium, mooted in a government-commissioned report that raised the possibility of demolishing football's Subiaco Oval, would help smaller codes such as soccer and rugby secure venues for events.

The Titans were meant to play out of Carrara for one season before switching to a new $160million stadium at Robina on the Gold Coast.

Mr Searle said yesterday that while it would be disappointing if the club had to play games out of Brisbane, it would be able to cope.

"Financially we could do it but it's certainly not desirable," he said. "It would be an absolute last resort from us and I'll fight hell and high water to beat Ron Clarke."

The Australian

It seems quite simply, that this Ron Clarke is trying to bend the Titans over.

If Michael and the crew cannot get any sense out of the other 15 councilors, I would suggest that Mr R. Clarke's e-mail address and postal address be posted on this forum, so all of us can try and help persude him. I think after a couple of day of "not so loving" mail, might make him think about what he is doing. I know all politicians, listen only to the voters.
    Dreams Come True......... 2007 TITANS

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    Oval row may unseat Titans
    By Stuart Honeysett
    July 25, 2006

A PLAN for top-flight rugby league and Australian rules football clubs to share a stadium has sparked a brawl that could force league's newest team - the Gold Coast Titans - to play its entire first season 80km away in Brisbane.

Clarke ... NRL believes the Gold Coast Mayor has reneged on deal. Pic: Bruce Long

The dispute started earlier this year when the Gold Coast Council agreed to let the Australian Football League stage up to 10 games for the Melbourne-based Kangaroos at Carrara Stadium over three years.

The decision means the council will not install extra temporary seating to turn the Carrara ground into a rectangular playing surface for Titans games.

National Rugby League chief operating officer Graham Annesley, who is trying to help the Titans resolve the situation, claims it breaches a deal signed with the club ahead of its first season next year.

And he warned yesterday that the Titans could now switch games to Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium.

"If we are forced to do this, the Gold Coast Council will have to explain to Titans fans why they would have to travel three hours to Brisbane and back each time they attend a home game," Mr Annesley said.

"It was made perfectly clear to the council prior to the Titans' licence being granted last year that they must play in a rectangular stadium, and now they only seem intent on appeasing the AFL instead of looking after their own rugby league team."

The Titans are unhappy with Gold Coast Mayor and former Olympic runner Ron Clarke, whom they believe has reneged on the deal that the club must play with the ground in a rectangular configuration.

It has been estimated that the council's refusal to allow temporary seating could cost the Titans more than $1 million in lost revenue.

The situation could come to a head today when Titans officials meet Deputy Mayor David Power and other council representatives.

"We tend to have a renegade mayor hell-bent on doing whatever he can to force us into the situation we're in," Titans managing director Michael Searle said. "The benefit we've got is he's only one of 16 and he doesn't have control of the council.

"Hopefully we can put all the evidence in front of the existing councillors which emphatically confirms there was an agreement with the NRL and us around a squared-off facility if we secured a licence."

The Australian rules fraternity is fighting another battle over stadiums in Western Australia, where the state Government has proposed a new multi-purpose arena that would break the stranglehold of football and cricket over Perth's major sporting venues.

The new stadium, mooted in a government-commissioned report that raised the possibility of demolishing football's Subiaco Oval, would help smaller codes such as soccer and rugby secure venues for events.

The Titans were meant to play out of Carrara for one season before switching to a new $160million stadium at Robina on the Gold Coast.

Mr Searle said yesterday that while it would be disappointing if the club had to play games out of Brisbane, it would be able to cope.

"Financially we could do it but it's certainly not desirable," he said. "It would be an absolute last resort from us and I'll fight hell and high water to beat Ron Clarke."

The Australian
    That was posted 2 posts ago

:box:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ballboys
    It seems quite simply, that this Ron Clarke is trying to bend the Titans over.

If Michael and the crew cannot get any sense out of the other 15 councilors, I would suggest that Mr R. Clarke's e-mail address and postal address be posted on this forum, so all of us can try and help persude him. I think after a couple of day of "not so loving" mail, might make him think about what he is doing. I know all politicians, listen only to the voters.
    Hopefully Dawn Crichlow will take up the good fight. Being the sister of Max Delmage will no doubt keep her loyalties with the NRL. Hopefully she can smack some sense into Clarke :box:

Junior Titan

They will play here no matter what next season.

QLD Cup Titan

What happened to the thread that mentioned the matter had been sorted out?