Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    OF PAIN !!!!!!!!

Apart from that it sounds like another wank name of some Church

I still prefer The Cage
    I agree, the last thing we want is to attract some suicide bomber screaming "Blasphemy!"

'The cage' is a good one, but I still like 'The Colosseum'

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here before, but the construction of The Colosseum was completed under the Roman Emperor 'Titus'
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by traveller View Post

Titans and Gladiators are not similar in any respect, one is a God from Greek Mythology and the other is a Roman warrior who kills stuff.

Titans aren't gods, they were non divine terrestrial beings who were punished and banished often because they were seen as a serious threat to the gods. Which is pretty ****ing badass, just like our team is at the moment.

I've said before that I'm not a fan of equating ancient Roman culture with the Titans (and I'm Italian), but these guys seem pretty attached so i try not to bring it up TOO often.

Also, gladiatiors generally aren't team players, while the team is really the epitome of that right now. They're a Phalanx of Hoplites, made Titanic through their Teamwork!

Am I right fellas?

Even though the movie '300' is a little lowest common denominator and a little not interested in actual history and by all reports is developing the same kind of 'miss the point' fanbase Fight Club did, the story is Greek and it's about teamwork and kinda sorta actually happened. So I'm gonna start calling Skilled The Hot Gates or Thermopylae, as well as whichever of the other 17 alternatives to Colloseum I've suggested takes my fancy at any given moment. They held out against all kinds of attacks, again and again, because they played as a team, and I bet they were taller than average.

Junior Titan

A Titan by definition - the Titans (Greek: Τῑτάν Tītā́n; plural: Τῑτᾶνες Tīt?nes) were a race of powerful deities that ruled during the legendary Golden Age

deity is a postulated preternatural or supernatural being, who is always of significant power, worshipped, thought holy, divine, or sacred, held in high regard, or respected by human beings.
    Deities assume a variety of forms, but are frequently depicted as having human or animal form. Some faiths and traditions consider it blasphemous to imagine or depict the deity as having any concrete form. They are usually immortal. They are commonly assumed to have personalities and to possess consciousness, intellects, desires, and emotions similar to those of humans. Such natural phenomena as lightning, floods, storms, other 'acts of God', and miracles are attributed to them, and they may be thought to be the authorities or controllers of every aspect of human life (such as birth or the afterlife). Some deities are asserted to be the directors of time and fate itself, to be the givers of human law and morality, to be the ultimate judges of human worth and behavior, and to be the designers and creators of the Earth or the universe.

Ok, they used to be gods. Bloody Greeks and their loose definitions of deity.

Junior Titan

I understand that nobody cares about the origin of Titans or its relevance and that the Colluseum is the choice of 'the people'.

I however will continue to visit the Titans Temple where i will loudly and proudly pay my respects to our mighty team of immortals as they visit destruction upon our mortal enemies from the north.

enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by traveller View Post
    A Titan by definition - the Titans (Greek: Τῑτάν Tītā́n; plural: Τῑτᾶνες Tīt?nes) were a race of powerful deities that ruled during the legendary Golden Age
    I think the Golden Age they are referring to is the Centenary of Rugby League, where the mighty TITANS ruled in the year of 2008.

deity is a postulated preternatural or supernatural being, who is always of significant power, worshipped, thought holy, divine, or sacred, held in high regard, or respected by human beings.
    So we are all agreed Bull Bailey is indeed a God?

Nice work Traveller. Now please let us all get back to being ill-informed mythological historians, but worthy Titans fans who just like to cheer on their team at the Colloseum!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I think the Golden Age they are referring to is the Centenary of Rugby League, where the mighty TITANS ruled in the year of 2008.

So we are all agreed Bull Bailey is indeed a God?

Nice work Traveller. Now please let us all get back to being ill-informed mythological historians, but worthy Titans fans who just like to cheer on their team at the Colloseum!
    Spot-on Whiz

As for Rogers, shall we send him to a confessional with 'Rev. Searle' at the 'Temple',
    or
    order him to a defensive session with 'The Axe' at 'The Colosseum' or 'The Cage'
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....