Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default NRL: Finch to the Broncos?

It was reported on Sports Tonight that Brett Finch may be leaving the Roosters for the Broncos. I havent heard much else about this story but it is an interesting development.

apperantly eels are the frontrunners

SMH
    BRETT Finch's impending move to Parramatta was a step closer last night after his manager and the Roosters confirmed the halfback was on the market.

The Herald yesterday revealed Finch was set to move to the Eels next season amid growing speculation surrounding his future.

The 24-year-old's manager, Steve Gillis, yesterday confirmed his client had joined the player market. "The club has given him permission to look about on the proviso he gets back to them with any offers," Gillis told AAP.

Roosters chief executive Brian Canavan said Finch was given permission to negotiate with other clubs on Monday.

"The manager, on behalf of the player, requested the player enter negotiations, and that was given," Canavan said. "The manager must come back to us, of course. We're just allowing him to investigate. Brett's on our player list next year. He may well be with us, but he might not be."

The Eels are expected to come up with the funds to sign Finch.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

I'm gonna laugh so hard if the Broncos sign him.

Titan One Clubman

Finch

The "Origin Halfback" who couldn't get a start at his club side..

The further he is from Canberra the better IMO

LOL... I reckon Parra will get him and he might improve there... he has struggled immensely under the pressure of the Roosters and a change of scenery might do him some good..

Expect him to replace Morris at 5/8th in 2007...

Junior Titan

Default not even toongabbie tigers would want him

i respect the the halves job is assisted by movement in forwards and to a degree good centres.. however he is hopeless and i do not care if i get a bagging from other members ..

dan

Junior Titan

He would be welcome at the broncs because they need a quality halfback and a origin halfback would be good.

Titan One Clubman

Finch would add so much balance to the Broncos side, you would have the best five-eight in the NRL playing with the worst halfback in the NRL .

Bruno Cullen denied the Broncos are chasing him. I reckon they are, you know what Wayne's like, he likes to keep things under wraps out of the media spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Lockyer
    He would be welcome at the broncs because they need a quality halfback and a origin halfback would be good.
    :ok: Yes Finch is a origin halfback.......Quality halfback? Doubt that very much. The Broncos can do way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    :ok: Yes Finch is a origin halfback.......Quality halfback? Doubt that very much. The Broncos can do way better.
    He's better than Shane Perry and has more experience than Brett Seymour.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBronco
    Its true we need a more established halfback however Finch is a unpredictable in terms of on field performance. This could be because of the club affecting his performance or it could be Finch himself. Time will tell

And a new article:

Roosters skipper sorry for Finch
    By Adrian Proszenko
    July 19, 2006

SYDNEY Roosters captain Craig Fitzgibbon says he feels "sorry" for Brett Finch after the club's decision to offload the troubled playmaker.

Finch is contracted to the Roosters until 2007, but has been given permission to negotiate with rival clubs and is unlikely to remain at Bondi Junction next season.

"I have spoken to him and that's why I admire him so much," Fitzgibbon said today.

"The amount of pressure that gets put on him, I feel sorry for him.

"But he just turns up every week and he puts himself out there in front of everyone and just competes and just does the best job he can.

"That's why I admire him, the fact that he goes for it.

"It's got to get to him eventually but he doesn't seem to show it for us.

"That's someone you can (have) a lot of admiration for, the way he keeps turning up."

Parramatta, which is looking for a five-eighth after the loss of Wests Tigers-bound utility John Morris next season, has expressed an interest in Finch and is the team most likely to snare him.

However several other clubs are also interested in his services, with Brisbane understood to be one of them.

Fitzgibbon, who was involved in an ugly onfield altercation with Finch in last month's loss to Canberra, said the constant speculation about Finch's future had to eventually take its toll.

"It's obviously hard on him, more so than us," Fitzgibbon said.

"We'll support him in any decision he makes or the club makes.

"He's been here for a number of years now and done a terrific job for us.

"He'll still take the field and do his best, he's a quality player.

"Everybody knows, the way he just competes out there, he'll do the job for us."

Finch was the hero after potting the winning field goal during New South Wales's State of Origin opening win over Queensland, but has had a massive fall from grace since.

The 24-year-old was dumped after a poor performance in Origin II and played just 18 minutes during the Roosters' win over the Sharks last weekend after coming off the interchange bench.

Fitzgibbon was adamant Finch had a role to play for the team this season despite being demoted to the bench.

"He hasn't been dropped, it's a 17-man game," he said.

"It's horses for courses. We thought on the weekend that (utility) Craig (Wing) was the way to go and he played really well.

"The way the game panned out (coach Ricky Stuart) had to limit his interchanges.

"Sometimes, if he went on then the game would have suited Brett, we would have put him on, albeit at seven.

"We'll be looking to him to help us out against the Bulldogs."

Teammate Braith Anasta also sympathised with Finch's plight.

"It's hard on Finchy, at this time of the year, he's got the rest of the year to play," he said.

"It's difficult, but there's not much we can do about it, not much I can do about it anyway."

AAP

I dont think he is that bad - you can be gauranteed of a 100% effort.

He may not be evryones kettle of fish - I wouldnt select him, but you can never doubt his effort

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Lockyer
    nah he wouldn't be...well, not by the fans anyway.

I would much rather Perry or Seymour as half back. IMO Perry has been doing a good job this season.

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBronco
    I kinda disagree with your first statementm he might be atn. I dont think hes better then Perry at all in the long run, actually its just the fact he's had more experience. Perry has more potential and is more consistent and is really taking the pressure of Locky, Finch would struggle to do that imo.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom