Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Darren Lockyer

Interesting - I thought I posted here ... anyway, DL was banned.

I did however receive this email over the weekend:
    Dear Dee Gan,
    I am writing this letter of apology to show how idiotic i was to do what i did on the titans forums. I am sorry for the trouble i have caused the administration team and member the last couple of weeks. I was wishing if i could please have a second chance. I want to go back to the old darren Lockyer who put in worthy comments in to the forums. I can understand if you don't want me back but i promise i will do good again.
    It will be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Darren lockyer/Tim Gadd
    Thoughts please.

Regards,

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    I think it's worth noting that he's just a highschool kid, perhaps just talking tough on the 'net for attention or a laugh. From what i gather he might even be the son of a chaplain lol.
    From his name, turns out I was right with this comment. I kinda know a couple of his family haha.

Seriously though, perhaps a bit more time out before letting him back on a 'good behaviour' bond or something. He sounds genuine enough with the apology, it's just a matter of how long out does he need 'til he's served his time.

Not yet.. I agree with Steve... he needs a bit more time to cool his heels, sure he is only a high school kid, but TBH, even high school kids need to learn you can't try and buck the apple kart like he did.

Perhaps in another month, then I'd reconsider his banning, he sounds genuine, but I don't think its been long enough yet.

I agree with Steve.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

A second chance could be given, however if he even looks the wrong way then I think it would be time to crack down permanently on him.

IMO give him a month until he comes back and hopefully he can make a good contribution to the forum.

And here is an idea I just thought of, perhaps apart of his "punishment" he could be banned from the social bar for a short period of time.....Im thinking he may not be too welcomed back at the Social Bar after the comments he had about some members; however if there is going to be conflict it will happen anywhere.....

agree with steve on this one

Dear Deegan,
    I have been lirking around the forums since i was banned and i am now more
    desperate than ever to get back on and going. I promise i will be good and i
    hope we can put the past behind us. As people always say you need to give
    people a second chance if there is any hope in life. I hope you will allow
    me to start again.

Please write back,
    Timmy
    F.Y.I.

Upon thinking about it how about we give him a "Second" chance once the upgrade occurs. We don't want to have another thing to look out for now especially with the increase in SPAM bots and new members.

Agreed, he can have a chance to return once the upgrade occurs and we have more time to work on issues that might arise... it does sound like he's learnt his lesson now..

Give him a second chance he has learnt his lesson but like Queenslander make sure it happens after the upgrade because god help us if he ever got hold of those spambot thread.

F.Y.I.

Deegan
    nice website it is looking great. I was wondering now that the website has
    been updated can i be put back in the system and be a member as Darren
    Lockyer again.
    Thanks.
    Tim
    My reply:

Thanks for the e-mail Timmy.

Your membership as Darren Lockyer will be reinstated. Let it be known, this is your last chance as a member of this forum. Another slip up and the ban will become a permanent one.

Over the weekend there will be an update to the forum guidelines, please ensure you have read them and please contact me if you do not understand the changes made.

Regards,

You won't believe this

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Lockyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jane sanders
    hi darren
    i didnt know how to contact you so thought this may be the only way.
    My name is Jane Sanders and I am a real estate agent at Realway Property Consultants on the southern end of the gold coast.

I heard you may be looking for a property at Rainbow Bay and as I have just listed a fantastic one, thought you might like to know about it.

If you are interested please call me - either on 0755368399 or 0412698032

thanks

Jane
    This lady just PMed me and i don't know what she is talking about. You don't think she thinks that i am the real Darren lockyer does she? i was wandeing if you could see in to it because i am freaked out.
    thanks
    I have contacted Jane and cleared this up.

Thank you for bringing to my attention.

Regards,

Deegan
    I rang this lady and informed her that 'Darren Lockyer' was NOT the "real" Darren Lockyer in which I got the reply "Well why would anyone pretend to be some one?"

I explained, "Well, we have a lot of members who nickname themselves their favourite player - the Darren Lockyer you contacted is a high school kid and Darren is his favourite player."

Some people are just naive.
    Last edited by DeeGan; 03-04-07 at 01:38 PM.

It is scary that people that utterly stupid are responsible for selling properties worth hundreds of thousands into millions.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

April fools day was on Sunday DeeGan....oh wait your being serious

Hmmm perhaps letting Darren Lockyer back on the forums was a bad idea...people get confused, so lets ban him

kidding

Lets LOL... or lets instead try and get as much money as we can and then make a run for it...

That is really stupid for a person to think the real Darren Lockyer would post under their name on a rival NRL club forum... not sure it's the smartest plank in the deck there...