Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Darren Lockyer

Another stupid post by Darren Lockyer both deleted

found here: http://www.titans.com.au//forum/show...6222#post76222

Quote Originally Posted by DL
    Yeah but your not a wise man so shut up
    & In response to;

Quote Originally Posted by Crushers
    Seconded. This guy is a disgrace to the great name of Darren Lockyer and should be ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by DL
    Shut up crushers.
    I dont see the point in PM'ing him, he will just ignore it

Quite simply, a tool that is effective in this situation is creating a link to the fishermen post. I am not blowing my own trumpet though all involved get the hint and move on.

Manage DL in line with the guidelines, if he is in direct breach of the guidelines, PM a warning and if it continues, a formal warning from myself (or Dakink) is warranted.

FYI

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Darren Lockyer

A friendly tip ... you're skating on thin ice with the moderator team and a post like "we want it now" (in the Titans Online Shop thread) only digs a deeper hole for yourself.

Cut the immature crap out of your posts only serving to attempt to bait members and/or the moderator team.

* 5.0.2 - What might warrant a suspension from the forum?
    Each incident that is referred to the Titans Forum Admin team will be dealt with on a case by case basis. Listed here are just a few examples of what may lead to a suspension from the forum:
    - Blatant refusal by member to adhere to Administrator or Moderator instruction on a specific forum matter or topic
    - Depending on the severity, any post that touches on anything listed in section 3.0.1
    - Continual spamming on the open forum or via PM
    - Failure to adhere to the advertising guidelines as per section 3.0.7

* 5.0.3 - What might warrant a suspension from the forum?
    Each incident that is referred to the Titans Forum Admin team will be dealt with on a case by case basis. Listed here are just a few examples of what may lead to a banning from the forum:
    - After first warning or suspension, blatant refusal by member to adhere to Administrator or Moderator instruction on a specific forum matter or topic
    - Any post that is excessively in violation of section 3.0.1
    - Any post, PM or e-mail that is deemed a bannable offence by Titans Forum Admin team
    - Multiple member screen-names
    Continuing to push the boundaries here will not be tolerated and the next time a member of the moderator team either has to pull you up on the guidelines or receives a complaint from a member regarding your posts here, a formal warning will be issued which can lead to suspension or banning from this forum.

You have been warned.

Cheers,

The next breach will see him suspended for a month. Whilst I was going to be done with it tonight, his post was not the the straw that broke the camel's back just yet. The post could of been incorrectly interpreted and was missing an emoticon for all we know - we are not dealing with the sharpest tool in the shed it must be said.

So, give him enough rope, he will hang himself and be suspended. I will take care of that though if Dakink is on and I am not, contact the Kinky one to take care of business.

Cheers
    Last edited by DeeGan; 27-07-06 at 05:53 PM.

http://www.titans.com.au//forum/showthread.php?t=4715

Darren Lockyer originally posted in this thread saying "who cares". That was over a week ago. I deleted the post as it did nothing for the thread.

Today he posts a stupid comment. As you can read in the thread, and then states that he thinks the thread is pointless. So I kindly point towards the member guidelines and say that there are any rules stopping threads which you find pointless.

No PM sent as yet, will wait and see if he does anything else.

PM received

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Lockyer
    Hey i was just wandering where the milestone thread has gone in the social forum. I wanted to post in it because it is coming up to my 1000th post.yay. Great if you could reply. Thanks Darren

My response

Quote Originally Posted by Myself
    I suggest you use the forum's search function next time

http://www.titans.com.au//forum/show...1732#post81732

Thanks
    Queenslander
    :dizzy:

Titan CEO

QLD'er....why exactly is this in the law and order forum mate? If we posted every PM we received this thread would be full!

Not trying to be rude or act like im a know it or all or whatever...but i would have just found the link and gave it to him and then said in the future use the search function.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk
    QLD'er....why exactly is this in the law and order forum mate? If we posted every PM we received this thread would be full!

Not trying to be rude or act like im a know it or all or whatever...but i would have just found the link and gave it to him and then said in the future use the search function.
    True, thats fair enough. Next time I wont post this type of PM here.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

I think it's worth noting that he's just a highschool kid, perhaps just talking tough on the 'net for attention or a laugh. From what i gather he might even be the son of a chaplain lol.

complaint from grimmace:

Quote Originally Posted by grimmace
    Steve mate im having a few problems with Darren Lockyer.I have tried to sort it out but he just keeps setting bate what do i do about it mate.
    hey grimmace.

if you could, either copy or link some of his baiting posts in a PM. i can show your complaint to some of the other mods, and see what we think. apart from that, my advice is to ignore his baiting and hopefully he'll give up on it.

Sent me this:

Let me say this once and once only. If you have a problem with what im doing PM me.
    not really it just seems to turn in to the copy and pasting of stories of the internet thread and i don't think the social thread is for that. I mean look at this thread there is only one post about the subject
    Did that really need to be posted why couldnt you PM me about it.
    If you want to play your online games thats fine i aint stopping you by all means do it.
    You have criticised me a couple of times now weather you have ment to say them or not.I dont know but they are extremely uncalled for.
    If you want me out of the social bar you have got your wish for a couple of days i wont post there and ill be interested to see what you can come up with.
    Good luck.
    Grimmace
    sounds good andhave fun while your away
    The only reasom while im going to be away is i have 3 exams this week.So you havent won anything
    going to be the best week on the forum then obvisouly

the disagreement stems from this thread:

http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=6080

I'm yet to respond, thoughts please guys?

Seems I'm the only one currently online, so I posted this message:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    Darren, it's not up to you to play 'forum cop'.

If you refer to the outline of the social forum you'll find this:

"Use this forum to participate in off-topic discussions (politics, entertainment, history, humor, etc.)"

You may prefer one type of thread, but that doesn't mean you should go around trying to push your view onto others. The social forum can be used for non-sporting discussion such as news as well as the 'game' threads that are prevelant. And it seems these 'news' threads often generate worthwhile discussion, so i see no reason why they should be discouraged. See PM.

And sent DL this PM:

Hi Darren,

I refer you to my message here:

http://www.titans.com.au//forum/show...146#post113146

Specifically, note these forum guidelines:

3.0.5 - Hijacking a thread/Baiting members
    Friendly banter between opposing points of view is allowed (even encouraged) but the forums are primarily here for the enjoyment of all members. Excessive posting aimed solely at disrupting threads may result in post deletions. This requires moderator discretion but in basic terms, any member who continually creates disruptions to threads will be advised to cease with their activity. Failure to comply with this advice will result in an expulsion warning or immediate suspension.

3.0.6 - Members playing forum cop
    Sometimes members can't help themselves and feel it necessary to go on a rampage in an attempt to mould the forums into their own 'oasis'. Please note that Admin take a dim view of members who feel they are the 'forum cop' and try to represent themselves as such. The proper channel for complaints is through a Mod or an Admin via private message (PM), who will then deal with the query.
    Any further queries, feel free to PM me.

Thank you.
    -Steve

and to Grimmace:

Hi again Grimmace.

You may have noticed my post here:

http://www.titans.com.au//forum/show...146#post113146

Which I've also followed up with an appropriate PM to Darren. Please don't feel you need to avoid the social bar, as it's open for all kinds of discussions.

Any further problems, feel free to PM me.

Thanks mate.

-Steve

I saw a bit of this develop and posted a general warning and asking any members with problems to PM any of the mods or DeeGan.

Darren Lockyer is just fishing for a fight; I would just suggest to Grimmace to ignore him and if problems persist then contact us, which you have done...Good work Steve

New development:

Scott Prince (forum member) claims to be Darren Lockyer (forum member)

http://www.titans.com.au//forum/showthread.php?t=6095

IP address match.

Hey all

I suggest that when DeeGan comes back and this gets sorted, one of us or DeeGan preferably creates a new thread telling them all to cool it and to stop trying to play forum cop.

In recent days Grimmace and Jenny have been in discussion about this in the article about the child being scalded thread and now Grimmace and DL are at it.

They need to be reminded that we as the administration team of this forum are the ones who decide what is right and wrong, not them.

I know I am being harsh, but I have had enough of people trying to flex their muscle on others.