Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Perhaps take some of your own advice and watch Johnathan Thurston play before making such a ridiculous statement about Lockyer making Thurston look good Thurston for the last 24 mths has been amongst the top 5 players in the game ... proof is in the pudding, look at 2005. He was the RLPA Player of the Year, Dally M Player of the Year, narrowly missed the Dally M, steered QLD to a series win in 2006, won a test jersey and will play halfback for Australia in the tri-nations.

Sorry mate, very silly post.

"Form is temporary, class is permanent"
    Is Gower not as good because the Panthers aren't going as well??? Ive seen Thurston play. ..And yes, hes a quality player.....but...if hes anything like Johns hed win matches for the Cowboys. You seen the Knights without him?? I know they've lost a few with him but watch sum without him and see the difference.... And you're using a 2005 result as the conclusion to ur argument. its in the past! ppl change over time mate! Preston Campbell (playing for the Panthers) won dally M in 2001, Doesnt mean he'll be any good in 2002, which he wasnt!!!
    Last edited by Townsville Titan; 16-07-06 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Townsville Titan
    Is Gower not as good because the Panthers aren't going as well??? Ive seen Thurston play. ..And yes, hes a quality player.....but...if hes anything like Johns hed win matches for the Cowboys. You seen the Knights without him?? I know they've lost a few with him but watch sum without him and see the difference.... And you're using a 2005 result as the conclusion to ur argument. its in the past! ppl change over time
    mate! Preston Campbell (playing for the Panthers) won dally M in 2001, Doesnt mean he'll be any good in 2002, which he wasnt!!!
    :whatd:

You fascination for Gower is noted.

Well Thurston has earnt his maiden Australian jersey, he was pushing Darren Lockyer for the five-eight position early in the season and whilst his club form has been down around the Origin period (happened to great players before, case in point Darren Lockyer for the last three seasons) he has been in good form this season. He is amongst the leaders of the Dally M Award AGAIN, and was one of the leaders of the RLPA Award.

Seems to me your allowing some personal resentment of bias against Thurston to hinder your ability to make a fair assessment on the player.

hes anything like Johns hed win matches for the Cowboys. You seen the Knights without him??
    :ok: The Cowboys did make the Grand Final in 2005 if I am not mistaken with Johnathan Thurston in the team. Seems to me he can win matches for the Cowboys. The Cowboys also started the season with 6 wins in a row. The current slump is an Origin hangover, the Cowboys will dig their way out and it will be Thurston who will be the catalyst.

I will take the reigning Dally M Player of the Year, Queensland halfback and the next Australian halfback over Craig Gower thank you very much.

Your comment "Yes, QLD won the SOO, but Lockyer made Thurston look good... doesn't mean he's a good player..." is a half-baked comment with little regard for the skills of Johnathan Thurston to be perfectly blunt. Knocking a champion player will come back to you bit you in the ass, I will be the first to remind you at some stage this season.

To steal a line from you, "is Thurston not as good because the Cowboys aren't going as well?"
    Last edited by DeeGan; 16-07-06 at 09:28 AM.

This game was a bit meh in my opinion... it didn't really go anywhere great and to be honest I sat through it the whole game at my mates house wanting it to end so I could go out and party at the dance we were going to...

But well done to Rhys Wesser for a very solid and strong game... I thought Michael Gordon was good for the Panthers too, and Joel Clinton pulled off a great Try-saver...

As for the Cowboys, as the reports say this morning... they are in a major issue of not being able to score points... they were ok last night as far as actual game play was concerned- by they just can't get the ball over the white stripe.... I don't know what needs to be done, but its a serious issue and TBH... Parramatta are getting closer and closer by the week... if they keep this up, Parra will make the 8, North QLD won't.