Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by titansandcowboysfan
    well the advantage went to qld anyway as nsw werent at telstra stadium .
    queenslanders outnumber blues fans in melbourne.id be happy to see em go to melbourne
    So ur sayi that QLD are playin home game 2 yrs in a row??

Quote Originally Posted by Townsville Titan
    So ur sayi that QLD are playin home game 2 yrs in a row??
    no no melbourne isnt a qld home ground but the support they get there is a lot like suncorp
    next year looks like 2 suncorp games though.

Yeah i reakon Qld will win cause of 2 home games..

Junior Titan

If we get 2 home games then the blues can't win in the cauldron.

Quote Originally Posted by The Original Idiot
    I know Suncorp is twice the size of dairy farmers, but can you imagine the atmosphere if they took Queensland's game to Townsville? They deserve a game, seeing as Brisbane has had Queensland's game for quite a while.

Thoughts?
    id like to see the dairy farmers upgraded a bit to allow more people in to watch big games like origin.

Titan First Grade Regular

Awesome atmosphere, but it would be a loss of revenue.cya. :ok:

Quote Originally Posted by [BroncosGirl]
    Why the hell would you move it to NQ? The ground is soo much smaller! As for the atmosphere, Suncorp has the best atmosphere for S.O.O, you hear people talk about how great the atmosphere at Suncorp is all the time!

Imagine all the people who would miss out on going to origin if it was moved to a smaller ground, not really fair to them either, you may get more NQ'ers there, but alot of people would miss out.

i gotta agree suncorp gives great atmosphere to all games....it would be awesome to have one in north qld.

a mate of my came up to the saints and broncos last weekend and he told me that its the best stadium he has been too...mind u he has been to ever saints game this yr

in a way i wished theyd left it as lang park. that ground was very intimidating and great for origin clashes.suncorp is good but i felt the old lang park had that feeling of total queensland dominance up there

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt_Beno
    i reckon, stick with the current grounds for the first 2 games but move the third to mutual territory like WA or NT or somewhere other than QLD and NSW
    But why would you make a game at WA or NT ?
    It's NSW VS QLD not NT VS NSW or WA VS QLD

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzr
    But why would you make a game at WA or NT ?
    It's NSW VS QLD not NT VS NSW or WA VS QLD
    He makes a good point but in saying that you need to give the whole of QLD a chance to watch this so North Queensland definetly needs some games and maybe even Robina in a couple of years. But North Queensland has a field and it really should be spread evenly between them you know it's not South East QLD V.S NSW (even though I live in the Gold Coast) it's all of Queensland they are representing and a lot of the players in the QLD team are Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS FAN
    Yeah i reakon Qld will win cause of 2 home games..
    i reckon we'll win at telstra stadium too.
    we just have to improve our defence there. i understand its nsw home ground but we have support there too.

Titan First Grade Squad

taking it to dairy farmers would wreck the atmos with not enough people there

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zacaroo
    taking it to dairy farmers would wreck the atmos with not enough people there
    Yeh but your going to get more people there then in melbourne and they still went to melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan_Matchu
    Yeh but your going to get more people there then in melbourne and they still went to melbourne.
    Ummm....they had a sell out in Melbourne, over 55,000 people went to Game III in Melbourne this year (Thats a bigger crowd than the game at Lang Park this year). Currently Dariy Farmers could not match that type of crowd.

Playing up at townsville is a great idea but i dont think it will happen coz it's all about the money and nthqld doesnt have capacity of Suncorp. I'd like to see it happen, they sent it to melbourne, so to be fair, at least 1 game should be sent up north. and with what you said zacaroo, townsville has a population of what...nearly 200,000 ppl... they get crowds of 25000 ppl every week and melboune has a population of what...over 3 million, on average they get like 12000 every week. it wouldnt wreck the atmosphere coz a lot more people enjoy nrl in north queensland.
    Last edited by robbie_dee; 17-09-06 at 06:45 PM.