Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Junior Titan

don't bother they don't have a good enough stadium and it would be worst than playing it in melbourne

No way! the size of the cowboys stadium is too small for that large number of growed. It's comensense.. And suncorps is alot better..

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS FAN
    No way! the size of the cowboys stadium is too small for that large number of growed. It's comensense.. And suncorps is alot better..
    exaclty what i said. Suncorp is the best stadium in the world

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS FAN
    If this was to happen, Dairy Farmers Stadium would get a revamp so that its capacity would be around 35,000 and therefore would be adequate for a SOO game... and I reckon if we are going to ship a game to Melbourne, than why not everywhere else....

AS LONG AS ITS NOT THE DECIDER...

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    If this was to happen, Dairy Farmers Stadium would get a revamp so that its capacity would be around 35,000 and therefore would be adequate for a SOO game... and I reckon if we are going to ship a game to Melbourne, than why not everywhere else....

AS LONG AS ITS NOT THE DECIDER...
    The game was shipped to Melbourne to help create interest in the game in Melbourne. There is no problem with interest in Nth Queensland so why would you do it. 35000 isn't enough anyway.

Junior Titan

When you could have a full crowd of 52500 people instead of 35 000 than i'd choose the bigger one to b oost the economy

I think it'd b great to have an origin match in Townsville, instead of Melbourne anyway. It'd help boost the NRL support up ere for 1, and to.... its stilll in Queensland.

But Townsville doesnt exactly need help with NRl support up there - Melbourne does.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Junior Titan

they don't deserve the right to have the great game up there. Will the man on the microphone have to change from cowboys to queensland

What everyone is missing is that Origin is a massive cash cow for the league... It isnt about atmosphere or what the players would like. An origin game regardless of where it is held (sydney, melb, bris) is always a great atmosphere.

Dairy Famers doesnt have the capacity, isn't an all seater and lacks the corporate facilities to host a state of origin game.

1. You are down nearly 20,000 seats
    2. You lose a lot of corporate positions, comprimising major and minor sponsorhips.
    3. Drop in pourage, food and beverage sales.

Regarding Melbourne
    1. The game sold out over 50,000 people
    2. Promotional exercise - part of gaining a new stadium in Melbourne
    3. Massive corporate market - new markets for current sponsors

You need to look at it from a business perspective. Unless NQ gets a 50,000 all seater (never going to happen) we arent going to have origin in NQ.

Quote Originally Posted by The Original Idiot
    I know Suncorp is twice the size of dairy farmers, but can you imagine the atmosphere if they took Queensland's game to Townsville? They deserve a game, seeing as Brisbane has had Queensland's game for quite a while.

Thoughts?
    once thet new gold coast stadiums up i think they should put an origin game and a few home tests there.i love the look of the ground

yea dairy farmers stadium is way too small though it would be a great atomosphere

Quote Originally Posted by travop
    yea dairy farmers stadium is way too small though it would be a great atomosphere
    i agree. they should always have a 3rd origin grouns so it doesnt always go to telstra stadium although queensland will win there next year :mine:

Quote Originally Posted by titansandcowboysfan
    i agree. they should always have a 3rd origin grouns so it doesnt always go to telstra stadium although queensland will win there next year :mine:
    Should play the third one in Melbourne again... they did wen it was NSW's turn 2 host 2 games...

Quote Originally Posted by Townsville Titan
    Should play the third one in Melbourne again... they did wen it was NSW's turn 2 host 2 games...
    well the advantage went to qld anyway as nsw werent at telstra stadium .
    queenslanders outnumber blues fans in melbourne.id be happy to see em go to melbourne