Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michel-jennifer
    Well hopefully that situation could be rectified?
    i doubt they will build a new stadium after they just redevelped their current stadium.

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Agree with Teedy. The Stadium is way too small, although it would be excellent atmosphere, it simply doesn't hold the same money for the Nrl as bris, sydney and melbourne does.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Junior Titan

Origin heartland... Godbless Townsville. Untouched by those nasty blue immigrators... The "Blues" bus may no longer be beaten up by the Caxton Street locals, I guarantee you Townsville would find a way to upset the apple cart... Nothing in blue would be safe....

Quote Originally Posted by [BroncosGirl]
    Agree with Teedy. The Stadium is way too small, although it would be excellent atmosphere, it simply doesn't hold the same money for the Nrl as bris, sydney and melbourne does.
    It's something to consider for the future...urdy:

Default shav

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy
    without you thinkin im just agianst because its you. i thin that is a bad idea as the stadium is not equipted to handle SOO. its capacity is to low and the difficulty of getting the supporters to travel up to the game
    This would be for the North Queensland fans and if im not mistaken its the 21st century and its not that hard to travell to North Qld plenty went down to Melbourne but i do understand the stadium size problem.

92 - 93 - 97 - 98 - 2000 - 2006

We already had a thread on this

http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=3195

Could a mod merge please?

im not 100% sure but i dont think Townsville has a very big airport. so thats what i ment about the difficulty. if im wrong then their still the problems with the stadium

Gotta disagree with you there Jas, Melbourne was a promotional exercise, not only is Nth QLD League heartland - they dont have the infrastructure for a game like this. I think Internationals are more suitable to be taken to Nth QLD!

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    Gotta disagree with you there Jas, Melbourne was a promotional exercise, not only is Nth QLD League heartland - they dont have the infrastructure for a game like this. I think Internationals are more suitable to be taken to Nth QLD!
    Taking Internationals up there is a poor choice IMO... Don't we want the International game to be the pinnacle? If we do, then they should be given top facilities where possible.

Junior Titan Cowboys_Rabbit_Fan's Avatar

Okay guys.
    I go to the Cowboys home games every time, I haven't missed one this year, and my seats are fonominal

The atmosphere is birlliant, if a bad call is made by the ref. some of the North QLDers will let everyone know (In the nicest way possible ) If the Cowboys score, do a good hitup, tackle or run, the crowd will all comment, and I have to admit, it is the loudest football ground I have ever been to.

Now to answer the question, do we deserve an origin? You're bloody right we do, but if NRL officials have anything to do with it, we're screwed.

There's just no way in hell they'd give us one.

im not 100% sure but i dont think Townsville has a very big airport. so thats what i ment about the difficulty. if im wrong then their still the problems with the stadium
    Now to answer the question about our airport, appearently our airport is bigger than Adelaides... or perhaps more advanced, i can't remember the specifics, but me dad used to work for an airline company there and that's how I got the information.

Peace out folkes.

GO COWBOYS, TITANS, BUNNIES AND MAROONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboys_Rabbit_Fan
    Okay guys.
    I go to the Cowboys home games every time, I haven't missed one this year, and my seats are fonominal

The atmosphere is birlliant, if a bad call is made by the ref. some of the North QLDers will let everyone know (In the nicest way possible ) If the Cowboys score, do a good hitup, tackle or run, the crowd will all comment, and I have to admit, it is the loudest football ground I have ever been to.

Now to answer the question, do we deserve an origin? You're bloody right we do, but if NRL officials have anything to do with it, we're screwed.

Now to answer the question about our airport, appearently our airport is bigger than Adelaides... or perhaps more advanced, i can't remember the specifics, but me dad used to work for an airline company there and that's how I got the information.

Peace out folkes.
    thanks for the info on the airport. but the size of the stadium still is the problem. if you go by atmosphere and deserving a origin then Kogerah, Win, Penrith, parra, newcastle and many more should get one to.

Default Shav

thanks for the info on the airport. but the size of the stadium still is the problem. if you go by atmosphere and deserving a origin then Kogerah, Win, Penrith, parra, newcastle and many more should get one to.
    Its not about grounds were talking city's , North Qld, Brisbane, sydney , Melbourne.

Default Shav

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboys_Rabbit_Fan
    Okay guys.

Peace out folkes.
    I agree 100%, people i have spoke to say the atmosphere up there is awsome, we here all about Suncorp but this is great to, i reckon the players would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by shavenjas
    Its not about grounds were talking city's , North Qld, Brisbane, sydney , Melbourne.
    ok count out kogerah, parra and penrith. the rest are part of individual citys

Yeah it could work but i think the atmosphere would be way better at Suncorp, though i think a game should be played there and for nsw games they should be played at various grounds also...