Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Coming from the Nrth? You mean Nrth Qld supporters, if oyu claim that, how do you know if they're from Nrth QLD.? I've been to several S.O.O too, I love the atmosphere in S.O.O.

They wouldn't any more of a home advantage at Nrth QLD then there already is at Suncorp. THere passionate QLD fans both ways. If you move it to Nrth QLd, plenty of brisbaners (i know its not a word ) would make the trip anyways.

besides when the Nrth QLD players put on a Maroon jersey they are not cowboys for that night, they are maroons, just like any supporters are no longer their respective teams supporters for the night, they are Maroons. All qld fans (dpesite where they are from) can have grunt and be passionate.
    Im not saying Townsville would be a bad place to have it, im just saying they should alternate you couldn't just completley take away the tradition of origin in Brisbane, wouldnt be right.

besides its not even a realistic thing atm, with the tiny stadium they have up there compared to Suncorp.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Default Shaven

I Would rather they play a game up there than in Melbourne, why we have a game down there is beyond me i can't stand it when it is down there. You might only fit 25000 in the stadium but i recon they would make 5 times the noise that 80000 at homebush would make, it would be great for the people in the north, stuff having a game in Melbourne its QLD & NSW not VIC!!!!!

Yep i agree with it being stupid to have a game in Melbourne, I know its to expand the game more down there, you never know could be a good move. Alot of people from Sydney can easily get there!
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [BroncosGirl]
    ... How is changing it to NQ going to help QLD win any better though, they are BOTH qld grounds. Therefore both have good QLD support, and the atmostphere at both would be great. THe QLD crowds at Suncorp are fantastic, you couldn't ask for any better.

Its up to the team, not the home ground
    My point was not to permanently move it to townsville but to have the odd game up there. NQ'ers deserve a game IMO. Shavenjas is probably right, you would have 10x the atmosphere at Dairy Farmers than at Homebush. Suncorp stadium will always be the home of Queensland football, but it can afford to lose one game every few years. Suncorp is easier to reach for NSW fans (me included) and NSW players admit they actually enjoy playing there (sorry, can't find the actual article. But take my word for it). Now compare that to the atmosphere you could get in Townsville.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Nah, I remember something about Finch saying that "you can get 80,000 sydney but it will never sound like it was there", something like that.

I just don't like the point of moving it, I think it would lose its appeal to many, its not S.O.O unless its at Suncorp, that stadium has so many memories. Too me Dairy Farmers doens't have the same atmosphere, just as a stadium, because it is so much smaller. No doubt the people could make a lot of noise, but with more people at Suncorp, its even more noise.

I agree it could do with maybe an odd game here or there, see how it goes after a trial one maybe, i mean they are ffs moving one to melbourne, so i don't see the harm in trying NQ
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

i agree with everything [Broncos Girl] said.

also who's that in ur avatar? is it corey?

Yep it is for some reason though everyone reckons it's hodges! :roll:
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

Lightbulb

It could happen. If maybe a sponsor underwrote the loss in ticket sales.

What would be the draw back then? It might be a viable option for a sponsor to consider.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by [BroncosGirl]
    Yep it is for some reason though everyone reckons it's hodges! :roll:
    And here I was thinking it was Berrigan.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    And here I was thinking it was Berrigan.
    :rotflmao: Actually that I can see! Maybe I should put CP on there or something, coz everybody asks me who it is, and i have the same avatar on other forums too!
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

Well if the Victorian Government have paid for 1 game to be there for the next 5 years, id say they are the ones who would be "paying" for the loss on the empty seats. Let them do it this time, all the money will be going into RL's coffers.

Default Give North QLD a go

Thought this is worth a new thread, alot of people are not happy about the SOO game being played in VIC, personaly i don't mind i think it is good for our game, but i could understand those in the far north not being happy, i think they should take one Origin game to North Queensland for the fanatic fans of rugby league up there, it would be awsome there is so much support in the north for the game so i think it is time to thank them with a SOO game, i think if we can take a game to Melbourne then we can give the North QLDers a go
    WHAT DO YOU THINK?

92 - 93 - 97 - 98 - 2000 - 2006

You are on another winner Shav :win: great idea...

without you thinkin im just agianst because its you. i thin that is a bad idea as the stadium is not equipted to handle SOO. its capacity is to low and the difficulty of getting the supporters to travel up to the game

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy
    without you thinkin im just agianst because its you. i thin that is a bad idea as the stadium is not equipted to handle SOO. its capacity is to low and the difficulty of getting the supporters to travel up to the game
    Well hopefully that situation could be rectified?