Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Default Play Origin in NQ!

I know Suncorp is twice the size of dairy farmers, but can you imagine the atmosphere if they took Queensland's game to Townsville? They deserve a game, seeing as Brisbane has had Queensland's game for quite a while.

Thoughts?
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

I think thats a great idea, but I cant really see it happen. I would like one game every series or so moved around. MElbourne, Newcastle, Nth.Qld and so on. I remember when they took one game to the USA. No reason why they cant do that again!

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Titan One Clubman

Would be good, but Sadly Dairy Farmers is just not big enough, playing it there over Sucorp would mean having around 20,000 less tickets.
    I think some Tri-Series matches shoudl be played there and Canberra stadium, but Aussie and Suncorp seem to be getting all the matches.

would be an awesom attmosphere, but like shifty said, they would lose out on alot of ticket sales so i cant see it happening.

State of Origin should always be played at Lang Park....it is one tradition of the game that we should hold onto. It is Queensland's home ground after all.

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

Unless of course Dairy Farmers capacity was increased to about 40000, then it might be viable.

i reckon, stick with the current grounds for the first 2 games but move the third to mutual territory like WA or NT or somewhere other than QLD and NSW

It is a great idea but sadly one that may never be realised. There is no way the QRL would move the match and lose half their gate and move a marquee match away from the corporates.

I'd like to see it happen but I think the dollar will rule the day, but at least those dollars go towards rugby league.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Why the hell would you move it to NQ? The ground is soo much smaller! As for the atmosphere, Suncorp has the best atmosphere for S.O.O, you hear people talk about how great the atmosphere at Suncorp is all the time!

Imagine all the people who would miss out on going to origin if it was moved to a smaller ground, not really fair to them either, you may get more NQ'ers there, but alot of people would miss out.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

It would be viable in the future if Dairy Farmers was increased to 40000ish.... just swap them every year. NQ deserves a game but can't at the moment.

Well in the off season there was word that they got granted a couple of million or more for a Upgrade or a new stadium, My view is why bloody not they travel so far to watch it not just 1 family Thousands of those great people come down & if they do get that upgrade etc.. why not next year for the last year the Atmostphere would be like the early 80's in lang park (No ****r###hers!!!!!!!) Go NORTH QUEENSLANDERS :yell:

Well IF they upgrade, perhaps altering games would be the best solution. For years QLD have 2 games, one in Brissie, one in NQ! I dont think removing it from Suncorp is a great thing to do, has hosted some of the best (and in terms of atmosphere) games in the apst, has a great tradition there, AND can seat the most pple!
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

BUT the last decade they have lost a great deal basicly 96-05 we need an a change NOW nsw haven't won 4 series in a row & they can't win this year or the next

... How is changing it to NQ going to help QLD win any better though, they are BOTH qld grounds. Therefore both have good QLD support, and the atmostphere at both would be great. THe QLD crowds at Suncorp are fantastic, you couldn't ask for any better.

Its up to the team, not the home ground
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

Qld would have so many Cowboys in the team a long side nth queensland born players & there mad supporters would get them home I've been to heaps of s.o.o. & the louder ones are coming from the nth. so if we more of those great supporters we would have more of an home advance. Not saying the Suncorpse (LANG PARK) is not a bad stadium. We need more grunt from the crowd to influence our forwards. We need to smash these guys (nsw) into tomorrow!