Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Hehe bit of public flogging might do them the world of good you reckon?

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Quote Originally Posted by ridgey
    if ben ikin ends up on the coaching staff at the broncos i'll give it away deadset!
    he was the worst 5\8 to pull on a boot so what on earth could he offer to the broncos?
    i think the broncos need a couple of hard nuts like say a billy johnstone.when the broncos we're at their best during the early 90's and towards 2000 they had tough as nails conditioners.1 was a bloke by the name of kelvin giles and the other was steve nance,who has also been with the wallabies and english premier league side fulham.when these 2 blokes we're at the club the broncos we're arguably 1 of the fittest team's in the comp and their results proved it.there was no stumbling at origin time(and back then they could supply up to 9 or 10 players)and they used to kick up a gear towards the end of every game when fatigue was setting in.maybe they need to get real men with coaching experience back to the club to bring these blokes back down to earth.not ex players who are all buddy buddy with the player's and when the going get's tough can't make the hard decisions.
    Woohoo...give it to em Rigdey!

Petro is a good example...big and capable of hurting guys but where's his emotion?
    I'd be slapping him in the face before the game, to fire him up.
    He should be scaring people!

if ben ikin ends up on the coaching staff at the broncos i'll give it away deadset!
    he was the worst 5\8 to pull on a boot so what on earth could he offer to the broncos?
    i think the broncos need a couple of hard nuts like say a billy johnstone.when the broncos we're at their best during the early 90's and towards 2000 they had tough as nails conditioners.1 was a bloke by the name of kelvin giles and the other was steve nance,who has also been with the wallabies and english premier league side fulham.when these 2 blokes we're at the club the broncos we're arguably 1 of the fittest team's in the comp and their results proved it.there was no stumbling at origin time(and back then they could supply up to 9 or 10 players)and they used to kick up a gear towards the end of every game when fatigue was setting in.maybe they need to get real men with coaching experience back to the club to bring these blokes back down to earth.not ex players who are all buddy buddy with the player's and when the going get's tough can't make the hard decisions.
    right on the money there

I feel there is more behind this other than the trio leaving to 'pursue other interests'. Thats just cynical ol' me.

Look for John Monie to play a more prominent role is my tip.

DeeGan

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    I feel there is more behind this other than the trio leaving to 'pursue other interests'. Thats just cynical ol' me.

Look for John Monie to play a more prominent role is my tip.

DeeGan
    yeah DeeGan that exact thought crossed my mind as well john monie has been a close friend of bennetts for years.

Who you going for in 2006 ridgey? I read this morning that Ben Ikin is being brought in to the coaching ranks (possible Clydesdales coach) as well as Kelly Egan from the Cowboys and Terry Matterson from Canberra.

DeeGan

i've never been a broncos fan mate, after the diehards died literally i've followed the teams on the coast(until their demise) and the knights.
    that's why i'm over the moon about the TITANS,the best team in south east QLD!

i've never been a broncos fan mate, after the diehards died literally i've followed the teams on the coast(until their demise) and the knights.
    that's why i'm over the moon about the TITANS,the best team in south east QLD!
    Ben Ikin? my god what is going on at that club. What a joke.

Bennett sacks the staff because they are yes men but he knows he is a Dictator so what does he expect?

Pity for Kev Walters, he is a decent guy who probably just had the best interests of the club at heart, unlike some!

Ikin wouldn't be that bad a the Clydesdales coach. everyone has to get a start somewhere

i know it's still early days but i find it hard to believe not 1 of the player's has been made accountable for their end of season slumps and been given their marching orders.

i'd release-
    seymour
    carlaw
    b.berrigan
    minto

i know it's still early days but i find it hard to believe not 1 of the player's has been made accountable for their end of season slumps and been given their marching orders.

i'd release-
    seymour
    carlaw
    b.berrigan
    minto
    Yeah but coaches and admin always take the fall for end of season slumps. And personally i wouldnt release any of those players. There is no point if we release them who will replace them, they have done enough for the broncos and they deserve to be there.

seymour-casey mcguire until they can find a better 1/2,should never had let berrick barnes go.
    carlaw-sam thaiday
    b.berrigan-ennis
    minto-hodges back to the wing or a guy by the name of gideon mzembe.he played for wests(broncos colts)this year and is a real flyer.or steve michaels he is more of a centre though.

seymour-casey mcguire until they can find a better 1/2,should never had let berrick barnes go.
    carlaw-sam thaiday
    b.berrigan-ennis
    minto-hodges back to the wing or a guy by the name of gideon mzembe.he played for wests(broncos colts)this year and is a real flyer.
    We havent got Ennis offically yet! Thaiday hasnt really proved himself yet. Hodges isn't happy where he is but is playing well, Minto is mainly a replacement anyway. Seymour was perfect at the start of the year but did drop, give him time and there will be a good halves combo between him and lockyer.

And the broncos didnt put up much of a fight for Barnes, which i dont understand why. I went to school with both Barnes and Gideon Mzembe and they are both good players, but there is no need to chop players. The Broncos mainly have an attitude problem which they get at the end of the season.

yeah but see that's the broncos biggest problem.you say thaiday hasn't proved himself yet,how is he supposed to when he is losing out to guy's like darren smith,jane carlaw and co.bennett just has no faith in his younger brigade and blokes like thaiday will just continue to leave the club.

bennett just has no faith in his younger brigade and blokes like thaiday will just continue to leave the club.
    Dont forget Karmichael Hunt, he is only 18 bennet took a huge risk last year with him, we cant go all young players cause they will lack direction. That is why Darren Smith is a perfect player to put in now, he has experience and players look up to him......and he is playing so well so why get rid of him And players just cant expect to go straight to the broncos they must wait in lower teams until the time is right, Bennet knows what he is doing and im sure this will pay off in the future.