Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Ooh thats what Im hoping ... Im wondering who will come into the mix.. Ikin?
    I just hope the new coaching staff, aren't afraid to say like you aid... lets give this person a go...
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Quote Originally Posted by [BroncosGirl]
    Ooh thats what Im hoping ... Im wondering who will come into the mix.. Ikin?
    Father and son-in-law combo, interesting but we dont need ex-players we need coaches

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    Father and son-in-law combo, interesting but we dont need ex-players we need coaches
    EXACTLY!

You dont need any has-beens(not that those players arent good...but move on!) to coach....You need guys who will bring the best out of the players.

and no your not getting bellamy back.

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    and no your not getting bellamy back.
    oh, can we just borrowing him for like a couple of seasons please

Titan CEO

oh, can we just borrowing him for like a couple of seasons please
    only if we can borrow lockyer

only if we can borrow lockyer
    yeah you can have him............when he retires

Titan CEO

yeah you can have him............when he retires
    Thats fine with me..he will still be a legend.

Thats fine with me..he will still be a legend.
    True that, he can be your water boy

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Bahah I always forget about that, son in law thing. Who else would come into the mix. I don't think it would hurt to have an ex player like Ikin on the team, he might have fresh ideas for the team, and through out the year, he did make several comments about the Broncos, and they were struggling, and how new/younger guys needed to be given a go...

Its not like we're calling Ikin to come back to play (been there done that, ) we just need some new ideas, and if Ikin has some, then so be it.

Who else could come into the mix?
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Titan CEO

True that, he can be your water boy
    lol...or how bout our coach? when bellamy goes back up there to coach you guys...locky coach us

The idea of getting ex-players to coach was cute at first but now we just have to get pro's to knock our boys into shape. To be honest i dont have a clue about where we can turn to. I still think we only need one coach not a forwards coach and a backs coach and a speed coach etc etc. These players know what they are doing (they should they are in the NRL) all they need is one man to show them the way, motivate them if you will, to win. Something must be going wrong at the Broncos the end of the year slump is just beyond wrong, and we cannot blame injuries. The broncos must get up and get going, they are big boys they know how to play!

if ben ikin ends up on the coaching staff at the broncos i'll give it away deadset!
    he was the worst 5\8 to pull on a boot so what on earth could he offer to the broncos?
    i think the broncos need a couple of hard nuts like say a billy johnstone.when the broncos we're at their best during the early 90's and towards 2000 they had tough as nails conditioners.1 was a bloke by the name of kelvin giles and the other was steve nance,who has also been with the wallabies and english premier league side fulham.when these 2 blokes we're at the club the broncos we're arguably 1 of the fittest team's in the comp and their results proved it.there was no stumbling at origin time(and back then they could supply up to 9 or 10 players)and they used to kick up a gear towards the end of every game when fatigue was setting in.maybe they need to get real men with coaching experience back to the club to bring these blokes back down to earth.not ex players who are all buddy buddy with the player's and when the going get's tough can't make the hard decisions.
    Last edited by ridgey; 07-10-05 at 07:43 PM.

Not a bad thought - It seems that the Broncs are lacking a littleof that 'edge'. The SOO hangover excuse holds water no more with other teams providing large numbers of players and having little or no disadvantage from it.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

The broncos survived SOO well this year, but after a couple of games they went down the dark path yet again. Perhaps we could get some broncos supporters to line up along the side line and give the players a good kick up the bum as they run onto the field That would motivate me to play well

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    The SOO hangover excuse holds water no more with other teams providing large numbers of players and having little or no disadvantage from it.
    Well the Cowboys made the GF and they had quite a few players in SOO, so yes they can't use that excuse no more.