Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Titan CEO

Default Top coach's quit Broncos

FORMER internationals Kevin Walters, Gary Belcher and Glenn Lazarus have split with Brisbane Broncos.

No helpers ... Bennett has been left alone. Pic: David Kapernick
    The NRL club has announced the three premiership-winning players would seek "other" business interests.

John Dixon, who coached the club's Queensland Wizard Cup feeder club, Toowoomba, is also leaving to pursue overseas coaching opportunities in Wales.

Walters, Wayne Bennett's deputy for three seasons, resigned today to devote more attention to his Hand Wash Cafe business chain.

Belcher, the club's performance director, confirmed he'd also be leaving to pursue his business interests.

Lazarus, who coached the Broncos Colts, also resigned.

After leading the competition for 15 weeks, Brisbane finished third in the minor premiership, losing its last seven games of the 2005 NRL season.

Bennett and Broncos chief executive have been conducting a full review of the 2005 season, including the performance of its players and coaches.

There was no suggestion of the axe being run through the coaching staff.

"During the next month we will be endeavouring to fill the vacancies created today, and hopefully announcements on these appointments can be made over the coming weeks," he said.

"We are currently in negotiations with a number of possible candidates but because of their individual commitments at this time, announcements cannot be made until each has the opportunity to finalise any current obligations they may have," said Cullen.

Bennett said the personnel leaving had all given 100 per cent to the club.

"In each case I have had a long, enjoyable and fruitful association with these men and I appreciate everything they have done for me," he said.

oxsports.com.au

I knew kevin walters was going but everyone else, :eek: Bennet will be all alone, perhaps he works better alone

Trouble... One can only wish. Maybe they will miss the eight *gets down on knees and prays*

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    Trouble... One can only wish. Maybe they will miss the eight *gets down on knees and prays*
    i will just add you to my ignore list just kidding........but the broncos have been in the top 8 for years and years, we aint going no where but up

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    i will just add you to my ignore list just kidding........but the broncos have been in the top 8 for years and years, we aint going no where but up

Last few years havent been that good.. Dare I say it - End of season chokers!!!

Last few years havent been that good.. Dare I say it - End of season chokers!!!

I think we are just being consistent

LOL nice one!!!!

Humour is the only way of dealing with it some times!!!

Imagine being a sharkies fan....39 years and still waiting poor buggers.

LOL nice one!!!!

Humour is the only way of dealing with it some times!!!

Imagine being a sharkies fan....39 years and still waiting poor buggers.

Yeah their day will come, they were close in super league but they were beaten by the best team going around, and what team was that? oh it was the Broncos..............GO THE BRONCOS!

Super League??

BEst team????

Best team in half the comp....... Though they probably would have beaten anyone anyway..

Though they probably would have beaten anyone anyway..
    Well the broncos did win the nrl grand final the year after

Titan CEO

Losing those guys from your club is a big loss...they are experinced guys and would be excellent for young guys coming to the club. I wonder who will replace them.

I wonder if there is any dishamony in the way Bennett is running the club. Im not suggesting there is any but the clubs recent end of year troubles and these guys all leaving at once is a large coincidence. then again Hodges returns to the Broncs and has a blinder of a season!!!

This could be the best or worse thing to happen to the Broncs.

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    Losing those guys from your club is a big loss...they are experinced guys and would be excellent for young guys coming to the club. I wonder who will replace them.
    One thing that the broncos should do is not turn to their older players, sure they have experience but i think we need to have more professional assistance, we cant just keep relying on the older players because half of the broncos are old!

Maybe that is the where there probs are stemming from. Bennett keeps turning to players who arent performing or are past it....

Broncos- lose 5 games at end of season consistantly. nothin said by the "experts"
    Dragons- lose 1 game in finals. Experts say inconsistant, chokers