Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

it gets used by like under 15 etc competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XL
    it gets used by like under 15 etc competitions.
    Not the Runaway bay leagues club, Im talking about the sports complex accross the road. Just seems a bit out of place, Ive never heard of it being used?
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Don't read too much into it Brycey, this is the 'artists impression' and this could be anything from the Leagues Club we are looking at in 2008 or simply to add to the presentation.

DeeGan
    Something that was sorely missed in the Chargers days was a leagues club (no Nerang Allsports is not a leagues club!) whats on the drawing board for the Titans? :confused:

Junior Titan

The old Gold Coast "Dolphins" junior side used to train at Runaway Bay.

It seems to be used more of a training facilty really by what I see, but I am sure they do hold athletics events there.

The Sports center beside Runaway Bay FC, is used mainly by athlets, its full atm, with them all getting into swing for the Commonwealth games.

Its a awesome center, and footy clubs come up during the season for a little R&R, they go here for training.

Have seen the SOO sides there, and many international sides(including cricket)

Def worth a look, has state of the art equipment. (and plenty of hot ladies :eek: )

It has
    -An international standard athletics track with world-class Mondo service.
    -Weight-lifting pavilion.
    -Separate areas for throwing events.
    -Six-target archery range.
    -Nine accommodation lodges with 320 beds.
    -Fully equipped 1000m square state-of the-art gymnasium.
    -50m Olympic swimming pool and 20m indoor pool.
    -A 350 seat restaurant.
    -Childcare centre.
    -Sports medicine, science and rehabilitation rooms.
    -Corporate and conference facilities.
    -Synthetic-surface and natural glass surface rugby field.
    -Sports and educational holiday camps.
    -Two international standard beach-volleyball courts
    Last edited by Coaster; 19-10-05 at 06:39 PM.

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

As others have said, Seagulls Stadium had an awesome atmosphere, because you were close to the game and "feel" every part of the match.
    There were a few problems though:
    1. Access to and from the ground was shocking.
    2. They rarely won a game, so there was no real "intimidation" factor of going there, I could go on but i've just lost my train of thought.
    I really loved the aluminium stands though, man could you make some noise.

The one mistake made in this design is the capacity, it's not quite big enough. Yes I can hear you saying look at all the games in the past season that sold out or were close to selling out at Leichhardt, Parramatta, WIN, Campbelltown etc, and the atmosphere that was created with the crowd so close to the action. I acknowledge that, but I heard so many ppl whinging about some of the Tigers games being shifted to Telstra so more could see the game, but those games lost the "intimidation" factor of Leichhardt and Campbelltown.
    I thought 30000 would've been a better number. It's not as big as Suncorp, but big enough for a growing Gold Coast population that has supporters supporting most teams in the comp. I really hope they've got room to expand if the need was warranted in the future. You've only got 1 chance to get this stadium right, do it right first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eel 33

The one mistake made in this design is the capacity, it's not quite big enough. Yes I can hear you saying look at all the games in the past season that sold
    I agree because I believe within 5 years the Titans will be the best supported club in Australia. It may have just been a matter of funding though and there is always the option to play at Suncorp. If they are a winning team they will draw 40,000 + against the traditional clubs.

I dont mind the smaller capacity to start with as it will ensure atmosphere after the initial frenzy of the club joining the NRL. There may have also been budgetry considerations, I would be hoping though that they do plan for the future and desingn a stadium that can be added to!!!

I think 25-30k is perfect and in 8-10 years if we are getting regular sell outs, then upgrade. Nothing worse than playing in freont of 15k in a 50k stadium. 15k in a 25k stadium on the other hand can still generate unbeleivable atmosphere!

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    I dont mind the smaller capacity to start with as it will ensure atmosphere after the initial frenzy of the club joining the NRL. There may have also been budgetry considerations, I would be hoping though that they do plan for the future and desingn a stadium that can be added to!!!

I think 25-30k is perfect and in 8-10 years if we are getting regular sell outs, then upgrade. Nothing worse than playing in freont of 15k in a 50k stadium. 15k in a 25k stadium on the other hand can still generate unbeleivable atmosphere!
    Have to agree there. The average crowds in the general season are about 25k, which means this stadium is perfect.

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

Don't get me wrong, I was never saying that the coast needed a "huge" stadium. I agree with your point Dakink, 50000 is too much atm. 30000 is a figure that will allow a huge crowd to attend, but won't look that big if say 15000 or less turn up for a team that doesn't have a huge following.

Yep thats true - 30k is a reasonable size but not to hard to create an atmosphere if our crowds have a dip at all.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

the design just needs to be flexible, so that an increase by 5000 or 10000 is not too costly down the track
    CENTRAL COAST BEARS ASAP
    North Sydney Bears Official site
    http://www.northsydneybears.com.au
    The best place for bear news
    http://www.redandblackzone.com
    The best place for bear opinion and rants
    Bearsfandave's NEW AND IMPROVED
    http://www.mightybears.com/

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

A couple of nights ago I was listening to triple m and they said that the Coast has no real community. We need something to make these people shut up.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

looks great i rekon 25000 is great i hate stadiums that have a capisity of 50000 plus when small crowds are there .There is no or little atmosphere

Titan CEO

where abouts is the robina staduim located? im trying to find it on google earth.