Junior Titan

Default Broncos Post Origin

Want to hear your opinion folks. Will it be the same old story this year for the broncos ? Are they set to disappear again after Origin ? With the bye next week I know they have all pretty much been advised to skip town and forget football. Id love to see some momentum heading into finals 2006 rather than limping in like a 2 legged dog...

Quote Originally Posted by Brettymac
    Want to hear your opinion folks. Will it be the same old story this year for the broncos ? Are they set to disappear again after Origin ? With the bye next week I know they have all pretty much been advised to skip town and forget football. Id love to see some momentum heading into finals 2006 rather than limping in like a 2 legged dog...
    I think they will improve on the crud (I can't believe I just typed that ) they have served up over the past two seasons though they have some injury concerns currently.

Injuries: (courtesy Big League)

Michael Ennis is out for the season
    Ben Hannant is listed as returning R 18
    Steve Michaels is listed as returning R 18
    Karmichael Hunt is listed as returning R 24
    Justin Hodges is listed as returning R 23
    Alot will depend on Darren Lockyer. The last two seasons he has looked a tired player in the back half of the season and the Broncos have suffered horribly without him firing. I think he is fresher than last season given he missed the back end of the Tri-Nations and the pre-season with injury, I would not be surprised to see him "rested" in a game or two if the top four spot is secured.

Titan CEO

I think it may have changed this year. They have alot of young guys in the side who are willing to give it their best throw in with that the older guys like Webcke and Civonciva(sp) who have been impressive and kept a level head through-out the year.

I think we will see an improved Broncos on past years but i dont think they will go far in the finals...not due to origin i just feel other teams may get over them....

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    I think it may have changed this year. They have alot of young guys in the side who are willing to give it their best throw in with that the older guys like Webcke and Civonciva(sp) who have been impressive and kept a level head through-out the year.

I think we will see an improved Broncos on past years but i dont think they will go far in the finals...not due to origin i just feel other teams may get over them....
    Im actually over in Canada ATM Super_Cronk. Robbie Ross is over here, was working on the Gondola at a ski resort throughout the winter surprisingly enough. He's bubbling about the Storm's chances this year.

I think the competitions wide open, but like any season, its all about whose playing well come finals time.

i think the broncs will struggle but not because of the post origin. the injury toll is getting very long and thats going to drag them down. i think thats what will make the stars tired like the previous years. at the current standing they are going to make the 8 but thats as far as i think they will go. they have a tough run home.

Junior Titan

May just be the juices flowing from todays performance and call me the eternal optimist but Im getting all excited... I had em at buckleys today the broncs... Injuries aside the depth in the young blokes is fantastic. There's the added incentive of sending Shane "Mr Reliable" Webke out on a good note too.

only problem with the young rookie players Brettymac is the unreliable. next week they could be shocking or on form but you wont see 10 good performances in the next 10 rounds. i have seen alot of those players personally as they are my part of my local team and they are good but not NRL standard yet

Junior Titan

Point taken but hopefully with Origin players back on board, we wont need 10 consecutive performances from them all, just keep chipping in when required and that'll keep me (and dare I say my good mate Wayne) a happy man. Put it this way, and im touching wood when saying this, surely they can improve on the run home from prior years. If there's any +ve's out of the rock bottom seasons endings, is there's only one way to go...

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Im fully confident we will have improved on last year. We are alot fitter then last year, I can tell, all the Broncos fans can tell. We are noticing things, signs of improvements.

Im perfectly happy for opp. to discard as nothing though as well, we were tipped to lose today, and we can in with a great performance by both oldies and newies.

Injuries, eh, of course its a concern. But most of the players who are injured having perfectly reliable replacements. Boyd is going good at FB, Our centres can be covered quite easily, with Tate and BErro coming back after Origin duties.

Hannant has already returned

Its not all doom and gloom, sure we have 2 key players injured, but we have back ups who can see it through until they return.

Have to wait and see about the injury to Perry, but Seymour can fill in for him.
    If all Origin players can come out of Origin, and carry their good form before Origin back into teh games after Origin, we'll be alright.

I have complete confidence, we'll have a real good go this year.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

I can defintely see the Broncos being stronger and more competiitive in the back end of the season, this year as compared to the recent past, however, i don't see a top 4 spot, and don't see them playing much more than the prelimanry and quarter finals. then the broncos ahve made me eat my words many a time( in heated arguments with my brother, when he has a jab at the dragons.) so i guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by [BroncosGirl]
    Im fully confident we will have improved on last year. We are alot fitter then last year, I can tell, all the Broncos fans can tell. We are noticing things, signs of improvements.

Im perfectly happy for opp. to discard as nothing though as well, we were tipped to lose today, and we can in with a great performance by both oldies and newies.

Injuries, eh, of course its a concern. But most of the players who are injured having perfectly reliable replacements. Boyd is going good at FB, Our centres can be covered quite easily, with Tate and BErro coming back after Origin duties.

Hannant has already returned

Its not all doom and gloom, sure we have 2 key players injured, but we have back ups who can see it through until they return.

Have to wait and see about the injury to Perry, but Seymour can fill in for him.
    If all Origin players can come out of Origin, and carry their good form before Origin back into teh games after Origin, we'll be alright.

I have complete confidence, we'll have a real good go this year.
    what she said!

I think that they will get better this yaer and proceed with a good finish to the regular season...