Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Titans: Craig Wing to the Gold Coast?

Titans: Craig Wing to the Gold Coast?

Danny "Pigeon" Weidler (Pigeon after Glen McGrath as he is a hit or miss merchant when it comes to "breaking" a story) aired the possibility of Craig Wing being looked at by the Titans in 2007 given he is not a happy camper at the Roosters.

Interesting possibilty and he would make a great hooker though I think this is just a case of "when in doubt, link the player to the Gold Coast Titans who are looking for players in 2007."

The link is made easier (as it was with Fitzgibbon which turned out to be nothing more than a rumour) given John Cartwright is our coach and former assistant to Ricky Stuart.

Thoughts?

Ok because I am seriously lazy ATM... it is 11:45pm and I am about to watch TV, I'll just copy and paste what I wrote in the other thread, with some additions...

Weidler had Wing to the Tigers or the Titans... I think if it were serious, a move for Craig Wing would be a good acquistion, as he is a good player, strong and could be very handy as far as a running and darting player is concerned. Wing offers options in attack and off the bench could be very useful too.

I think that Wing might be a bit too much money for the backline when you can sign a player like Webster, who can do similar things, and especially if he is going to be played off the bench, however he is a good player and I'd be happy if the Titans signed him....

Titan CEO

I think its a "when in doubt, link the player to the Gold Coast Titans who are looking for players in 2007" case TBH.

Im not going to say Weidler is wrong, because i dont know..i dont have any sources that say other wise.

I dont think he would really be a good signing anyway....i think he is past his best. And thats why i think he may look over-seas.

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    I think its a "when in doubt, link the player to the Gold Coast Titans who are looking for players in 2007" case TBH.

Im not going to say Weidler is wrong, because i dont know..i dont have any sources that say other wise.

I dont think he would really be a good signing anyway....i think he is past his best. And thats why i think he may look over-seas.
    I agree, I think he is past his best... but NRL teams will still be willing to take a gamble on him IMO

I'd have wing first choice hooker, he's a sharp player, he would be a huge siging, but I think it's unlikely he will.

Junior Titan

I do't think he'll come.He is to expensive for how good he is. He is lacking form and is to expensive

gee big gamble he will command top dollar if he gets back to his best would be great but gee big risk

Let's all remember Craig Wing is all of 27 y.o. with 17 Tests and 10 State of Origin appearances to his name with three Roo Tours under his belt - this is a world class player we are talking about here playing in and out of position for a struggling Sydney Roosters team.

Remember, "a change is as good as a holiday" in any job and Craig Wing still has plenty to offer rugby league. To use another cliche, "form is temporary, class is permanent", this applies to Craig Wing.

Do I think we are chance of nabbing him IF he is released from the Roosters? Not really given his asking price though a change of lifestyle and ties with Carty put us in a decent position to entice Wing north of the border.

He has experience behind him and he will not be at the roosters next year so the titans look like his best option

ive also hear for the last month that the dragons are really looking at him to come over as a back-up forif gaz doesnt fit the 5/8th role. but signing wolford might have killed it of cause if gaz is a success then either wing, woolford or Goz will have to be out of the team

Junior Titan

do remember souths'n'titans that he is also fielding offers from Rugby Union teams

Yeah he played Aus Schoolboys Union with Cross and a few others who play union now, cant remember

That's right... and the Western Force are looking for a number 10 to go with Giteau.. Wing could be the signing they need... so that can't be ruled out at all..

he would be a good signing if we could get him but tis the $$$, just depends on wat his asking

I also think he would be a good signing but perhaps would be too expensive!

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....