Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Titan

jeez just give Australia the trophey waste of time... but gottta love the footy fix

Quote Originally Posted by footyfan09
    jeez just give Australia the trophey waste of time... but gottta love the footy fix
    Not true. I think the Poms and maybe even the Kiwis will put up much better performances this season.

Quote Originally Posted by PARANoIR
    Not true. I think the Poms and maybe even the Kiwis will put up much better performances this season.
    I like what you're sniffin mate. Then again, the poms would have won, with a slightly better performance. That's the difference between success and nowhere.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PARANoIR
    After watching Matt Sing play for the Cowboys against the Storm the other night, I'm saying that he MUST be one of the wingers. He is an awesome player and will not let anyone down.

He's still criminally underated. Such an awesome player. I know there are many flashy wingers out there doing the fancy stuff, but Sing beats them all with his outstanding defence. He's always three moves ahead of you.. great positional play and a great football mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    He's still criminally underated. Such an awesome player. I know there are many flashy wingers out there doing the fancy stuff, but Sing beats them all with his outstanding defence. He's always three moves ahead of you.. great positional play and a great football mind.
    Exactly right. The other night I actually concured with Paul Vautin when Phil Gould posed the question "How many tries do you think Matt Sing has saved in his career", Vautin just blurted out "873" (or something like that) but to tell ya the truth I don't think he would've been far off with that estimation. lol. Any Australian side selected this year without Matt Sing in it would be a farce and an injustice.

I'm with everyone else, Berrigan should have made it.
    I'm suprised with the amount of Penrith players getting a chance!

Has anyone commented about the two teams left and who will feature in the Kangaroos train on squad?

I think Hodson, Prince, Farah, Sing, Bowen, Thurston, Southern and O'Donnell all have chances!

Going by the squad Paranior quoted my team would be,

Fullback -Minichello
    Wingers -King, Tahu
    Centres -Gasnier, Cooper
    5/8 -Barrett
    Half -Johns
    Lock -Kennedy
    S. row -Hindmarsh, Creagh
    Hooker -Buderus
    Props -Ryles, Bailey

Bowen would have to get a run somewhere
    O'Donnell also deserves a spot

By the way, Sing has been one of my favourite players for a long time now.
    I just feel his attack wasn't as strong this year as it used to be.

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Its a strong side.

Personally Im not worried or caring that Berrigan isn't there, we have better centres. He slacked of back end of season, he had no form, so its probably better he didn't get picked. Losing his test jersey - hopefully its a wake up call ... (and he learns to pass the fricken ball too )

lol, I find it amusing that a former half back doesn't know how to pass a ball!

I agree on the Robbie Farah front, I personally think, dispite his age, he should be Second in line behind Buderus for the Hooking role. Hes an awesome player, he deserves his chance, but I must say, its highly unlikely that he'll be there because you don't get selected because you're in good form. *cough* Eric Grothe! *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by [BroncosGirl]
    Its a strong side.

Personally Im not worried or caring that Berrigan isn't there, we have better centres. He slacked of back end of season, he had no form, so its probably better he didn't get picked. Losing his test jersey - hopefully its a wake up call ... (and he learns to pass the fricken ball too )
    True...Berrigan isn't the best passer of the ball but neither is Minichello. Berrigan is very good runner of the ball and hits the line well. He looked like he slackened off during the end of the year but that was a result from Darren Lockyer's poor form.
    He would be in my team.

[QUOTE=PARANoIR]lol, I find it amusing that a former half back doesn't know how to pass a ball!

Good point...who would put a guy that can't pass into half back?

lol. Bennett.

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Well he knows how to pass it
    He just seemed to forgot to do it alot... ball hog.

well i'm glad tonie carroll missed out,1 thing that bugged me last year was when carroll ran out in the green and gold last year,i mean c'mon guys his NZ 2000 world cup jersey is hanging in the broncos leagues club!

we ain't the ANZACS!

Quote Originally Posted by ridgey
    well i'm glad tonie carroll missed out,1 thing that bugged me last year was when carroll ran out in the green and gold last year,i mean c'mon guys his NZ 2000 world cup jersey is hanging in the broncos leagues club!

we ain't the ANZACS!
    I agree 100%.

And Thorn playing for Australia then representing New Zealand at Union...

Hunt, Thorn and Carroll, what do these three players have in common?

They are all Broncos, now I know Bennett is a massive internationlist and he was the father of the new Tri Nations but if he wants to help the international game he could start by trying to get these sort of players to actually play for their country!

I know I would never represent another country, especially if Australia needed me!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER