Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

yeah that's why i admire blokes like benji,sonny-bill and adrian morley i mean i'm sure these guys would love a crack at origin and let's face it that's why blokes like carroll,thorn and hunt won't play for their respective countries,they're being told Qld need them by the man who is trying to save international rugby league.it's a joke really.
    Last edited by ridgey; 27-09-05 at 11:51 AM.

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Hunt was never told he was needed by QLD, he made that decision himself, he feels loyal to QLD and Aus, because he feels he owes QLD and the BRoncos, there in nothign wrong with loyaltly. We cant question someone on where they feel home is. Hunt has said before, even if he never gets picked for AUs, or QLD, he'll still be loyal to them.

I wouldnt' care if he played for QLD, AUs, or if he decided to play for NZ, the choice is his though. I mean it would be great either way.

Isn't the rule you have had to have lived in AUs for 3 years or something, somethign I heard, but I don't know ..

I agree 100%.

Player should only be able to switch allegiances if they become citizens of their new country. Not be a citizen of one and play for the other. The only consideration to this rule should be with developing nations (Like Peterson for the USA) where this benefits the sport over the nation.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

i think you'll find M.r B would have had a rather big influence on Karmichaels decision.

i mean you said it in your post,he owes the Broncos!

... Wayne Bennett was the one who said Hunt was off limits for Origin last year, hes not pushing K into anything, Wb has said its up to Hunt who he decides to play for, but he will back him in whatever decision. It was hunts own words that said hes loyal to aus, and owes the Broncos not Bennetts.

Quote Originally Posted by ridgey
    i think you'll find M.r B would have had a rather big influence on Karmichaels decision.

i mean you said it in your post,he owes the Broncos!
    Shame isnt it - Hunt should be playing for NZ, Islands wherever he is from unless he truly considers himself Australian.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

i love stirring up Broncos fans,GO THE TITANS and the New Zealand Maroons!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ridgey
    i love stirring up Broncos fans,GO THE TITANS and the New Zealand Maroons!!!
    Thats not very nice lol
    But its ok because you didnt' really stir me, because I've heard it all before ... numerous times too!

But I do agree on Go the Titans

I've always thought the rep selection should be wear u r born not played fist grade or whatever the current rule is

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy
    I've always thought the rep selection should be wear u r born not played fist grade or whatever the current rule is
    Problem is what if you get a great player, who was born in say England, lived their for only 6 months or a year, or possibly even 3 months, their family moved to Aus, and they're now 22, and wants to play for Aus, but can't because they were born in England? Thats a bit unfair considering, they've lived their whole life in Australia, was raised in Australia, played first footy in Austraila. You'd still say they have to play for England?
    Last edited by [BroncosGirl]; 27-09-05 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Mistake

Well yes if born in england than play for england.

Thats a bit unfair to the Player, its not like they had a choice where they were born. I mean if you live in a Country for all your life, or the majority of it, you have the right to call it your home, and the right to feel like its your home.

Then to not be able to play for it (particulary in the situation I just said) would be unfair.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

That your Opinion and i have mine. we could go round in circles all day but i have things to do

Titan CEO

The ref has been announced its british ref Steve Ganson.

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    The ref has been announced its british ref Steve Ganson.
    surprising that russell smith didn't get it.