Default Darren Lockyer Designs a Bra For Breast Cancer

Brilliant Effort imo. all the money raised goes to a great cause a charity close to the broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by The Courier Mail
    Jersey shrinks for bra auction
    Amy Simmons and Suraya Saleh

June 29, 2006

DARREN Lockyer found use for the "very special" jersey he wore this year in his 250th game for the Broncos ? he transformed it into a bra.

Lockyer was among a host of celebrities asked to decorate or design a bra for next month's Bras by the Stars event to raise money for the Kim Walters Choices Program ? which offers support, information and counselling for those who are diagnosed with breast cancer.

Lockyer himself came up with the bra's specific design and the idea to use his jersey, but called on the experts to produce the garment: his mother, grandmother and girlfriend.

Despite the significance and uniqueness of the jersey ? Lockyer being one of only five Broncos players in the club's 18-year history to reach the 250-game mark ? he said the thought of chopping it up was justified by the cause.

"This is for a very special cause and I really wanted to make a strong statement," he said. "I think we have all been touched by breast cancer at one time or another."

This year's Think Pink campaign will run mid-July to raise funds and provide support for Australia's 11,000 women and 100 men who are diagnosed with breast cancer each year.

The bras will be paraded in Queen Street Mall on Thursday, July 13, and will also be auctioned on eBay. Bidding on the bras will be open for 10 days from July 6.

"The Bras by the Stars concept is a catchy promotion to make people more aware of breast cancer, but what I really hope for is that people get behind the auction on eBay," he said.

Bidding on the celebrity-designed bras will be open for 10 days from Thursday, July 6 to Sunday, July 16. http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/s...003401,00.html

Titan CEO

Its for a great cause...and lets hope it raises alot of money on ebay.

Well done getting behind it

geez. locky your a jack of all trades. good work mate

Great stuff, hopefully it gets alot of money for a worthwhile cause

Rabbitohs did there part earlier this year

Rainbow Rabbitohs help campaign

By David Wood

February 21 2006
    Shepparton News

The Goulburn Valley's icon of organ donation, Zaidee Turner, had her memory and message taken across the nation when South Sydney Rabbitohs players wore her tribute rainbow shoelaces on Saturday night.
    The National Rugby League club, owned by Oscar-winning actor Russell Crowe, was playing St George Illawarra Dragons in a charity shield match.

The rainbow laces, which will be launched nationally on April 7, are the brainchild of Allan and Kim Turner, whose seven-year-old daughter Zaidee died in December 2004 and became the only child to donate her organs at the Royal Children's Hospital that year.

Zaidee's shoelaces when she was young were rainbow-coloured, as were her curtains.

South Sydney media and communications manager Jeremy Monaghan said the club decided to wear the laces after the NRL was asked for its support.

Goulburn Valley Football League clubs will follow on April 15, although details have not yet been finalised.

GVFL general manager Eric Bott said Zaidee's parents Allan and Kim Turner had been so constructive in bringing awareness to organ donation that the league was happy to be involved.

"We intend to do something to carry that promotion in the local area and raise the awareness of organ donation," Mr Bott said.

Shepparton, Shepparton United, Benalla and Mansfield have all been early clubs to show interest in wearing the shoelaces.

Parramatta Eels and North Queensland Cowboys will wear the laces on March 31 in a game that will be televised by WIN TV.

The NRL Footy Show will also visit Shepparton to interview the Turners.

I think everyone has... Roosters with Cross, Bulldogs have, Melbourne, Newcastle, most NRL teams do...

YAY for Lockyer, I hope it sells plenty and does really well, as it deserves to be a success and to raise lots of money for a very worthwhile cause..

im not sure dragons do the bra thing but we have heaps of womens days where all proceeds go to a charity

I wouldn't mind that Broncos bra, even though i am a guy.... :lol!:

GO QUEENSLAND!!!

Default Shav

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy
    im not sure dragons do the bra thing but we have heaps of womens days where all proceeds go to a charity
    I would of thought St George would be experts in this field :satan: Well done Locky, but im not sure what you would of actually done but good work.

92 - 93 - 97 - 98 - 2000 - 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    YAY for Lockyer, I hope it sells plenty and does really well, as it deserves to be a success and to raise lots of money for a very worthwhile cause..
    i hope ur meaning the price not the amount of bras sold...

if you read the news report, its a one off and that only bra is sold on e-bay
    there are no others made after that.

Its for a good cause good on him. Top bloke. Looks good if youre a broncos supporter...

hey guys just found the URL so you can keep a close eye on how much the bids are going for...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bras-by-the-S...QQcmdZViewItem

I cant get the link to work - what Is the item up to?

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

its working fine mate - not sure whats going on there its up to 1025.00 with 6 days and 4 hours left to go. its the most expensive one

this was off ebay

Quote Originally Posted by www.ebay.com.au
    * Come along to our free Bras by the Stars Fashion Parades at 12.15pm and 12.45pm on Thursday 13th July at the Queen Street Mall Stage, Brisbane
    * Attend our Choices Think Pink Charity Ball at the Hilton Brisbane on Friday 14th July
    Last edited by HodgoBerro; 10-07-06 at 03:07 PM.