3 9.09%
  • Gold Coast Titans

17 51.52%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

2 6.06%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Myles

Titan One Clubman

Roosters are a side on the decine, and all the players that have gone their in recent years have gone downhill, Finch, Anasta, Harrisson... With Schif now almost certain to leave the average age of our side will be about 23, he'll fit in perfectly here

But I think its like that with every club unfortunately Cronk... and its the beast that the Salary cap is..

- If he stays with us and gets paid decently, then its almost going to a real challenge keeping Shrek at The Bulldogs past 2007...

- If he goes to Melbourne then Hill is gone.

- If he goes to the Roosters, then that will be their only signing as he'd replace Morley.

I guess that's what happens, but the NRL will be smiling, more talent to go around...

there was a thing on the courier mails website that the titans were bringing him to the gc as a last ditch effort to convince him to sign with the titans - give me a few moments - i'll try to find it again

:EDIT: found it - i have just taken the most important things.

Quote Originally Posted by www.thesundaymail.com.au

Myles Gets A Big Wave
    By Greg Davies

Coast makes last desperate bid for Origin Standout

The Gold Coast will fly in-demand Origin Forward Nate Myles to the tourist strip in a last - ditch attempt to lure the Maroons backrower to the Titans next year.

Myles will fly to the Gold Coast for a hit and run mission which will include face to face meetings with Titans officials and inspections of the fledgling clubs facilities.

Titans managing director Michael Searle was tightlipped when asked about Myles.

But he confirmed that he and coach John Cartwright had conducted a series of meetings with players and managers this week

More negotiations are to follow
    Last edited by HodgoBerro; 10-07-06 at 01:04 PM.

Yep I have read it Hodgo... it sounds like what we got in the Telegraph, but post it anyway...

I think the big disadvantage for the Titans, is that Myles wants to go to a club that he knows is going to work and that he will get the chance to be successful in immediately. No offense to the Titans, and I am only stating fact, but as opposed to the Storm, it will be a lot harder to convince him of that occuring when the Titans will be successful immediately when it could take half a season for them to click..

Titan CEO

Surely Titans cant fit him under the cap with the players they have!

Titan One Clubman

Are they doing defered payments?
    Can the titans pay a sign on fee this year and not couont it as part of the cap? Surley not.. Deegan?

I am sure he will not be coming to the Titans for the dollars.... if that is the case then I can pretty much say he won't be at the Titans, there can't be that much money left...

If he does come to the Gold Coast, and as I said before, that is a very rank outside chance... Nate will come as he sees something in the club that can help him grow in the future and a chance to get large rep honours from it.

Nate has already shown he is QLD material, but he has said casually when myself and mates have gone to training and asked him about it before, that he could go further if not stuck behind such an awesome pack, so its clear that Nate wants rep honours and success will count a lot for what club gets him...

nate could head to the GC not for the money but for the fact he's in 'home' territory back in qld

Nate could also head to the Broncos on that theory...

Nah I don't think Nate is homesick... this decision is about him furthering his career and being able to get to the highest echelons of Rep Football as well as be known as a talented and very worthwhile first grader who gets regular starting time... as opposed to at the Bulldogs where he has this, but doesn't get the starting time, due to the club boasting Mason, O'Meley, Ryan and SBW, Asotasi and Maitua...

I just hope he doesnt go to that hole of a club, Rorters

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    Nate could also head to the Broncos on that theory...

Nah I don't think Nate is homesick... this decision is about him furthering his career and being able to get to the highest echelons of Rep Football as well as be known as a talented and very worthwhile first grader who gets regular starting time... as opposed to at the Bulldogs where he has this, but doesn't get the starting time, due to the club boasting Mason, O'Meley, Ryan and SBW, Asotasi and Maitua...

furthering his career eh? Being a member of the foundation Titans Squad

Titan CEO

heraldsun.com.au

MELBOURNE Storm coach Craig Bellamy said he was hopeful but not confident of signing Queensland Origin forward Nate Myles, after emerging from a covert meeting with the in-demand forward last night.

In a dramatic effort to win over the Bulldogs back-rower, Bellamy travelled to Sydney yesterday for a meeting at an inner city hotel.

Myles is believed to have also met Sydney Roosters coach Ricky Stuart last week and is expected to travel to Brisbane to speak with the Broncos and Gold Coast Titans on Saturday.

Storm was considered the frontrunner to secure Myles' services, but Bellamy was far from convinced last night.

"We've put our case, but I'm not overly confident," Bellamy said.

"I'd imagine the Roosters are the favourites. They missed out on (Roy) Asotasi, so I'd imagine they have a bit of money left over there.

"We'd love to get him. He is only a kid, he has played Origin already and we think he can only improve."

Myles has become Storm's No. 1 target after it pulled out of the race for Dragons-bound Cronulla centre Beau Scott.

It is hoped Myles' link with fellow Queensland Origin forwards Cameron Smith and Dallas Johnson may play in Storm's favour.

Junior Titan

I guess he is keeping us all guesing

Quote Originally Posted by HodgoBerro
    with casey and webcke leaving it has freed up some dollars in the cap
    we need someone like him to replace mcguire
    Where is Casey going?
    :beer: :naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by TITANS007
    Where is Casey going?
    to englans. the new french club signed him