3 9.09%
  • Gold Coast Titans

17 51.52%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

2 6.06%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Myles

Where is Creagh going to go to?

well money not their at the dragons and rumor is Manly are going to offer alot but creagh turned down the last offer and was apperantly disgusted with the offer.

Yeah it might the key to fill in Shane's place for when he leaves..

I think that he will either join the titans or the broncos i dont think that the cowboys are as interested as the other 2 teams, and the rabbitohs are unlikely to get him as he is qld based and has been looking to move up there...

Titan One Clubman

Well Canberra are set to offer Myles a four year contract worth around $250,000 a season..

Junior Titan

He won't go to a hole like canberra when he could go to somewhere like the Gold Coast.

canberra is an esablished club with a good team that he can make the starting side by name only. honestly if i was myles and had the choice with the same types of money then i would look more closely at the raiders because the have everything already in place and and i dont have to worry about the club not coping in the nrl. not that i think titans wont succeed in the NRL but raiders are the safer option.

He would be a great asset fto the Broncos roster.

In search of perfect coach

July 10, 2006

IN-DEMAND Bulldogs forward Nate Myles will hold meetings in two states, with coaches Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bennett, on Wednesday after dining with Ricky Stuart on Friday night.

The most sought-after player on the open market, Myles, 21, will meet Melbourne's Bellamy at Sydney Airport then fly to Brisbane for talks with Bennett.

Manager Gavin Orr said that Gold Coast coach John Cartwright, Canberra's Neil Henry and Graham Murray of North Queensland would have the chance to fly to Sydney to woo the Queensland Origin star on Thursday - a day before the Bulldogs open round 19 with their OKI Jubilee Stadium clash with St George Illawarra.

But Myles and Dogs chief executive Malcolm Noad said talks planned for Thursday would have to be put back until next week.

"I get a bit excited, meeting people like Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy," Myles said after the Dogs beat the Warriors 22-18 in overtime at Telstra Stadium yesterday.

"They're terrific coaches. I have great respect for them. I'm still at the stage where I get excited to meet Ricky Stuart and blokes like that."

Asked how dinner with Stuart went, Myles said: "It was good. It went a lot better than I thought it would. I didn't know what to expect, to be honest, and it was great.

"I really liked the set-up they have there and it would be a good club to go to."

Orr said: "The Raiders, Cowboys and Titans are waiting to see what happens. If John Cartwright or anyone wants to see him on Thursday, they might do that.

"He's looking for the opportunity to be a leader and to start games. He's got an old head on his shoulders. He's an aggressive player."

With the Dragons game looming, Myles said: "It might be on hold for another week."

Explaining why he wants to fly to Brisbane, he said: "We want to have a look at the facilities. They want to get up and have a meeting and I want to meet them so I'll have to go up to Brissy.

"I know at this stage of my career I need the right coaching and a major percentage will be decided on the coaches and what they bring."

Myles had met Henry in his role as Queensland assistant coach but said he was yet to meet Murray or Cartwright.

Noad added: "I think we'll have one day off this week.

"We'll be talking to him and doing our best but I guess it's only fair he'd want to find out what everyone else has to offer. Nate's priority has been State of Origin over the last three weeks."

Myles on edge as Roosters and Storm hover
    Glenn Jackson
    July 10, 2006

IT'S A decision he "doesn't want to make", however, Bulldogs forward Nate Myles is desperate to end the speculation as prolonged contract wrang- ling starts to take its toll.

Myles, arguably the highest-profile NRL player still off contract, conceded the on-going saga surrounding his signature was starting to play on his mind.

Fresh from Queensland's stirring victory in the State of Origin series decider last Wednesday night, Myles has to turn his attention to deciding his club future, with up to half a dozen clubs attempting to lure him out of Belmore.

The Roosters, who met Myles last week, and the Storm appear favourites - however, the second-rower said his future was still very much up in the air.

"There's no real deadline, but I really want to get it out of the way," the 21-year-old said. "It's playing on me a bit. I don't like all this in-between ****."

Myles, who is expected to meet Melbourne officials this week, said he hoped to make a decision in the "next week or two".

"It's still way too early," Myles said. "I had a meeting with the Roosters the other day and it was a good meeting. I felt a lot better after it. It's a good club and [coach] Ricky Stuart has brought his Canterbury traits there.

"In saying that, my heart's still at the Dogs. I've got to weigh up some other options as well. I just don't know yet. It's so difficult. The whole thing's been pretty tough. My best mates are here at Canterbury. You want to better your career as well. That's hard here behind such a terrific pack.

"It's a decision I don't really want to make, but I'm going to have to do it."

Roosters chief executive Brian Canavan said the club had made Myles the club's top priority: "He's a good fit for our club," he said.

But despite not being able to match the other offers financially, Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad was adamant the club, which will have to cope with the loss of another representative forward, Roy Asotasi, next season, was not out of the running yet.

"We're just waiting for his manager [Gavin Orr] to come back to us," Noad said. "I know he's fielded a lot of offers. Hopefully we can come up with something. There's been a lot of interest, but he's a very loyal young bloke. I think he's made it pretty clear he wants to stay here."

Meanwhile, Bulldogs hooker Tony Grimaldi needed 16 stitches in a nasty gash above his knee after copping an apparent stud during the side's golden-point victory over New Zealand Warriors at Telstra Stadium yesterday.

"I thought it was just a graze," the 31-year-old said. "It wasn't bleeding much. When I bent it it opened up a bit and ? it was quite deep. You could see some things in there. I don't know whether it was bone or ligament."

Grimaldi, however, said he was hopeful of playing against the Dragons on Friday night.
    Well it seems all is not lost, and maybe it might be the culture and not the money that counts, and perhaps Nate might stay for a lot less to stay with his mates, but we'll have to wait and see...

I hope to the heavens if he leaves that he goes to Melbourne, it would shatter everyone who is a Bulldogs fan if he went to Bondi... and frankly I see more opportunities at Melbourne too...
    Last edited by Titanium_BD1103; 10-07-06 at 11:08 AM.

Junior Titan

I hope Myles would come to the Gold Coast

Titan One Clubman

I think the titans are porbably close to signing their big name players, they will probably now focus on local QLD talent and some other depth signings.

Hopefully Nate follows his Origin Assistant coach.

There's a chance Schifty, considering he did say he was impressed with the QLD coaching staff, but he has also said he is impressed with Ricky and Craig who have both had influences on his career before, so it will be interesting to see just what occurs...

Titan CEO

If i was Nate i would choose Bellamy over Stuart....wouldnt you?

I would too... Nate likes Ricky as its the whole ex-Canterbury thing.. but frankly IMO, Stuart is the furthest thing from a Bulldog today if I have ever seen it... :lol!:

Nah I want him to go to Melbourne if he wants the money and decides not to stay... and I reckon he will, with Bellamy being the deciding factor on this one...

Canberra are in there now and so are the Roosters... The Broncos I think are rank outsiders, North Queenslander more rank and the Titans, with the signing of Webster, are now very rank outsiders... especially if Myles keeps playing the money game with clubs IMO..

Titan CEO

I only hope that the storm dont go over the cap to get him. If Myles signs with storm then its certain that Hill is leaving.