3 9.09%
  • Gold Coast Titans

17 51.52%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

2 6.06%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Myles

Junior Titan

that would be the best second row partnership.
    11. Michael Crocker
    12. Nate Myles

Geez it would be... rivalling the Bulldogs with Mason, Ryan and Williams... Good signing for Melbourne if they get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    Geez it would be... rivalling the Bulldogs with Mason, Ryan and Williams... Good signing for Melbourne if they get it...
    Forbidable force next year.

Titan CEO

He hasnt signed yet...there are alot of clubs after him.

But if he was to sign that would be awesome. Crocker, Myles...then you have Hoffman who is really improving as a player..

admins - is it just me or why couldn't this thread be put into the original nate myles thread?

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by HodgoBerro
    admins - is it just me or why couldn't this thread be put into the original nate myles thread?
    I was getting to that HB.

Thread now merged.

Thats better

BTW, what do you moderators do as a full time job? This?

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Souths'n'Titans
    Thats better

BTW, what do you moderators do as a full time job? This?
    Well first of all it isnt a "job"...we dont get paid to do it. And im not working at the moment, i cant speak for the others. Maybe ask them in a PM.

So do stay on here all day, how did you get the moderator tag

Well Nate looks like he will be going at $250,000-$270,000 a year... anyone willing to pay it... I reckon he is worth $50,000 less, but I guess if he can get it, go for it...

Would you want your club spending $250,000 though on Nate, that is the question... I'd love to hear your responses....

Personally, as I said, I would spend maximum $200,000 on him, he is a SOO player, but still has to prove himself consistently as a regular first grader, then again we are signing people with the same experience time as him, such as SBW and Benji for a lot more... so really I guess its a case of personal opinion,

Myles is league's most wanted man
    By James Hooper
    June 30, 2006

YOUNG Queensland Origin forward Nate Myles is poised to walk away from the Bulldogs tonight as the hottest property on the open market - worth $250,000 a season and with seven clubs clamouring for his signature.

With the anti-tampering law abolished from midnight, NRL clubs will begin the scramble to sign $15 million worth of playing talent for next season.

Marquee players testing their market value include Australia Test centre Jamie Lyon, New Zealand Test prop Roy Asotasi, St George-Illawarra's Ben Creagh and Kiwi centre Jake Webster.

But Maroons Origin rookie Myles, 21, is the surprise name topping the wish list of most clubs, with clubs lining up to open negotiations.

Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad last night conceded the 2004 premier was at long odds to retain the Queensland forward for 2007.

"We don't have unlimited funds so when Nate goes on the open market I don't know whether we're going to be able to be competitive," Noad said.

"It's going to be very difficult to keep him, but we'll have to wait to see what size of offers are out there - and if we can come anywhere near them."

Rival clubs wanting to talk to Myles include North Queensland, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney Roosters, Canberra and South Sydney.

Myles is in camp with the Maroons preparing for the series-deciding Origin III in Melbourne, but his agent, Gavin Orr, will hold talks with interested clubs from tomorrow.

"A lot of clubs have already lodged expressions of interest in relation to Nate Myles," Orr said.

"I believe the number is around eight.

"But at the moment I don't want to put the pressure of worrying about next season on Nate while he's preparing for the biggest game of his career.

"We'll let him get Origin out of the way next weekand then sift through our options."

Former Kangaroos and New South Wales centre Lyon is meanwhile expected to field official offers from Manly, Penrith and Newcastle tomorrow.

The Sea Eagles remain favourites to secure his signature, with his agent, George Mimis, indicating Lyon is expected to decide on a club within the next week.

"I would envisage Jamie's contract situation for next season being resolved sooner rather than later," Mimis said.

Webster is expected to reject a lucrative offer from the Sharks to link with Gold Coast, meaning demand for Parramatta's Brett Delaney will increase further.

A flurry of signings have been announced in the past 72 hours, with superstar fullback Karmichael Hunt agreeing a three-year deal with Brisbane yesterday.

"I could have gone somewhere else and got a lot more money but I probably would not have been happy," Hunt said.

Hunt's decision follows the Dragons' retention of rising props Justin Poore and Ashton Simms earlier this week.

The Bulldogs last night announced the signing of St George-Illawarra centre Daryl Millard for three seasons, making the assignment of keeping Myles and Asotasi increasingly challenging.

The Daily Telegraph

Souths will be paying overs for him maybe 300K, hopefully he can stay at the bulldogs

Junior Titan

I don't think the titans can afford him under the salry cap
    if we sign webster we won't have enough i reckon

Nope... that is not going to happen, as much as everyone would like that, we can't offer him that... and it is shame because we keep losing players we nurture and bring up... but yeah I know we have lost him...

HOWEVER, I reckon the Roosters and Souths both will go for $300,000 or close to it... he will become more expensive with 8 clubs after him than with just 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    Nope... that is not going to happen, as much as everyone would like that, we can't offer him that... and it is shame because we keep losing players we nurture and bring up... but yeah I know we have lost him...

HOWEVER, I reckon the Roosters and Souths both will go for $300,000 or close to it... he will become more expensive with 8 clubs after him than with just 2...
    Yeah he is playing the 'game' well

count dragons in on a big way as the romur is creagh is gone so they will be looking for an experianced young forward.