Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

victory on Sunday would move Brisbane into outright second place on the NRL ladder behind competition pace-setter Melbourne.
    Again bad reporting, if the Broncos won, they would be second but would still be tied on 24 points with Dragons as the dragons have the bye, so not outright second.

I reakon it will be a good game even though the origin stars will be out. Because some of the original players are still playing for the broncs...

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS FAN
    I reakon it will be a good game even though the origin stars will be out. Because some of the original players are still playing for the broncs...
    It was the same situation for the Souths game though too... look how that turned out ...

Its only goingto be good, if the regulars can step up and take hold of the game, and lead the way for the youngens and inexperienced.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Yeah but some players were still put for the broncos.. like... tame tupo, cory parker.. they were'nt playing against the souths. So hopfully they can make a differnce...

I think that the sharks will flog the broncos as they dont have many of their good players due to origin duties and the fact that the sharks are in good form with no players out...

Perry to take control
    by Scott Dickson

EXPERIENCED halfback Shane Perry is aware much of the baby Broncos chances against high-flying Cronulla at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday rest on his ability to again step up as chief playmaker.

With Test playmakers Darren Lockyer and Karmichael Hunt absent due to Queensland Origin duty and a foot injury respectively, coach Wayne Bennett will again look to Perry, 28, to steer the Broncos to victory in round 17 when he partners the less experienced Brett Seymour, 21, in the halves.

Perry?s solid showing in the round 14 loss to South Sydney may have completed that task but for the baby Broncos cruelling themselves with numerous second-half handling errors.

Perry?s role since his Broncos debut in round 1 has been to control the forwards, earn the side field position and act as a decent link man to Lockyer who works with the outside backs including Hunt.

But the former Canterbury and Western Suburbs star is again ready to call the majority of the attacking shots and feels ?no pressure at all? by the added responsibility.

?With Darren and Karmichael missing there is no doubt I have to act as the chief playmaker,? Perry said.

?My main role on Sunday will still be to guide the forwards around and earn the side good field position but I will also be working with the outside backs. Not as much as Brett will, because that is his role as five-eighth, but I will be much more involved than usual.

?The kicking game will virtually be my responsibility this week but in saying that Brett has a good kicking game and can finish off sets if necessary.

?But in assuming the leading ball playing role, I must be careful not to get too carried away with things and try to do too much as that can lead to the attempt of difficult plays which results in mistakes.

?I will have to stay patient and keep things simple.?

In the 34-14 loss to the Rabbitohs, Perry kicked and directed play well, and had a hand in all three of the baby Broncos tries.

The highlight of his night was a torpedo-type chip kick that fell nicely for try-scoring winger Leon Bott in the corner to bring the Broncos back to 16-14 just after half-time.

?I was reasonably happy with the way I performed but we cruelled ourselves by making too many mistakes,? Perry said.

Stand-in captain Shane Webcke said the Broncos would rely on Perry to pull most of the strings in attack against the equal second-placed Sharks and is confident he will deliver.

?Shane has been outstanding this year and a revelation in many ways,? Webcke said. The experience he has brings plenty of maturity to the halfback area, something we have lacked in recent years.

?That is nothing against Brett Seymour. It is just that Shane has been around the ropes and certainly knows how to direct a side around.?

Not named in the initial side on Tuesday, Greg Eastwood (hamstring tear) and Ben Hannant (knee cartilage) trained well yesterday after suffering injury against the Dragons in round 15.

Bennett yesterday trialled utility Eastwood, winger Scott Minto, second-rower Dane Carlaw, and 18-year-old five-eighth/lock Joel Moon all at centre.

The feeling is Eastwood, if passed fit, will partner rookie Moon in the centres, shifting named centres Minto and second-rower Carlaw back to their preferred positions.

Hannant could come onto the bench for fellow prop Nick Kenny who cross-trained yesterday after breaking a foot a month ago in Toowoomba?s round 13 match against Tweed Heads.

But Kenny, 23, is desperate to return to the playing field against the Sharks after the injury spoilt his chance to play his second career NRL game for the baby Broncos in round 14.

?I was devastated to miss the chance of playing against the Rabbitohs, so I am keen to play for the Broncos this weekend,? said Kenny, who played in the corresponding NRL fixture last year.
    broncos.com.au

GO QUEENSLAND!!!

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Sharks by 14

The Bronc's, especially the newer players , will be working hard urdy:..they will be out to impress. urdy:...They'll win it....:emp: urdy:

go the baby broncs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eace: :box: :box: :box:

LIVE ORIGIN DRINK XXXX BLEED MAROON
    FINEST STATE FINEST TEAM FINEST BEER XXXX

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23214,00.html

Shuffle for Broncos
    July 1, 2006

BRONCOS coach Wayne Bennett has taken a huge gamble by thrusting either unheralded Nick Emmett or rookie teenager Joel Moon into battle with Cronulla's Test centre Nigel Vagana at Suncorp Stadium tomorrow.

Redcliffe's dual-registered Queensland Cup centre Emmett, 24, who has been training with the Broncos for the past two weeks, was today a shock call up to make his NRL debut as Brisbane experienced mixed fortunes in a major reshuffle.

Already missing eight Queensland stars to Origin III duty and injury, the baby Broncos today lost workhorse David Stagg to a shoulder problem.peBut young first-grade regulars Greg Eastwood (hamstring) and Ben Hannant (knee cartilage) were cleared to return a week early from round 15 injuries.

Emmett was drafted in for named centre Dane Carlaw, who returns to the second row for Stagg, after the QRL and NRL deemed he would be eligible to play on Sunday after serving his one-match suspension in today's Redcliffe match.

Five-eighth/lock Moon was promoted from the bench to replace the other centre Scott Minto who moves to his more suited wing position in place of rookie Fraser Anderson.

Anderson drops out of the 17 along with forward Nick Kenny who is replaced by Hannant on the bench which also contains Neville Costigan whose lock position is taken by Eastwood.

Emmett, who made his state league debut against Norths last year, has scored 19 tries in 35 matches for the Dolphins.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

wow bennet junior is bak in the team go the mint

So the Broncos now line-up as follows after the reshuffle if I have this right is. (Numbers are probably wrong)

1. Darius Boyd
    2. Tame Tupou
    20. Nick Emmett
    16. Joel Moon
    3. Scott Minto
    6. Brett Seymour
    7. Shane Perry
    8. Shane Webcke (c)
    9. Casey McGuire
    10. Brad Thorn
    4. Dane Carlaw
    12. Corey Parker
    19. Greg Eastwood

13. Neville Costigan
    15. Ben Vaeau
    18. Ben Hannant
    17. Ian Lacey

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

really looking forward to seeing Ben Vaeau play today

Junior Titan

I know their far from home, but Im stunned by the broncos performance so far. Go You good things....16-6 ATM.

urdy: urdy: urdy: baby Broncs :win: baby Broncs:win: baby Broncs :win: urdy: urdy: urdy: