Default Fitzgibbon extends Roosters stay

Fitzgibbon extends Roosters stay
    June 27, 2006

SYDNEY Roosters captain Craig Fitzgibbon has re-signed with the NRL club for the 2007 season.

The signing has ended speculation about Fitzgibbon's future, following reports the Gold Coast franchise was interested in acquiring the workaholic back rower's services.

"Next year is the club's 100th season and to be a part of it will be a great honour," Fitzgibbon said.

"There has been much speculation about my future but the truth is I never spoke to another club and as captain of a foundation club, why would I want to be anywhere else?

"The job is now for the players to pull together to see what we can get out of this season."

The Roosters have also re-signed 19-year-old fullback Shaun Foley until the end of the 2008 season.

AAP
    Well I was pretty certain the Roosters were always going to resign their captain - I guess this proves we cannot always readily believe what we read in certain rugby league publications hey supergoose

All hail king DeeGan, he was right again. I've been :mine: . Glad to see skipper Fitzgibbon going down with the Roosters ship. At the start of the season they looked to have a formidable line-up but have turned into an absolute rabble. Couldn't happen to a nicer coach I reckon Not sure why the Roosters wanted to keep Fitzgibbon, he is obviously not the onfield leader they need.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Funnily enough, this morning RLW's Mole tells us Fitzgibbon will not be signing anything until the Sydney Roosters know what Roy Asotasi is doing....hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Funnily enough, this morning RLW's Mole tells us Fitzgibbon will not be signing anything until the Sydney Roosters know what Roy Asotasi is doing....hmmm....
    Lol @ the Mole.

One of the most uninformed "informants" ever!!!!

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Considering its mail is always 2 days old when we get it, the Mole will always be sticking its neck out with its information. Not that I'm defending it, the Mole has lost significant credibility in this Goose's eyes!

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Well done to Craig... he has stayed on and kept some stability in a side that is looking more and more like it will be a few superstars and a lot of juniors come next season.

Fitzy is a very good player who will help the juniors get to the next level and hopefully give them the confidence needed to ensure a strong 2007 from the Tri-Colours.

Is he set to retire after next season?