Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Asking Andrew Johns....

Aunt you tried of the NSW slectors asking Johnsy to play? I mean if he does'nt want to play, he does'nt want to play.. They have to learn to win without him..

Titan CEO

I dont think the selectors have once asked Johns to come back. Correct me if im wrong.

Johns the other day said himself he would think very hard about making a comeback for game 3 and even told NSW players he wanted to....but after thinking about it he agian pulled out saying he wouldnt. I know in the first game Daley sent a sms to Joey asking if he would back up for the injured Gower but thats as far as it has gone from my knowledge.

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

If the player states that they're retired, they should stay that way. The ARL brought the rep eligibilty rule in for a reason. Have the balls to stand by it and deny the opportunity to any player who attempts to break that rule.

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    I dont think the selectors have once asked Johns to come back. Correct me if im wrong.

Johns the other day said himself he would think very hard about making a comeback for game 3 and even told NSW players he wanted to....but after thinking about it he agian pulled out saying he wouldnt. I know in the first game Daley sent a sms to Joey asking if he would back up for the injured Gower but thats as far as it has gone from my knowledge.
    Not as yet for game three, though they did for game one.

Looking at Johns's recent form including today, Brett Kimmorley still might be the better option

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Looking at Johns's recent form including today, Brett Kimmorley still might be the better option
    As long as a last minute brain explosion is included in the jumper, then no worries!!! :naughty:

Joey is a brilliant player, the best in the world. If he decides to play the final match, the decider then let him and stop complaining about it. If he doesn't then who c**** we still have many other good half backs in the state and Finch isn't one of them. Queensland can't say anything about bringing old players back, you did it with Allan Langer a few years back and won the series because of it. The choice is on Johns and no one else....

Quote Originally Posted by Manly Boy
    Joey is a brilliant player, the best in the world. If he decides to play the final match, the decider then let him and stop complaining about it. If he doesn't then who c**** we still have many other good half backs in the state and Finch isn't one of them. Queensland can't say anything about bringing old players back, you did it with Allan Langer a few years back and won the series because of it. The choice is on Johns and no one else....
    I think you will find there is a difference in the Langer situation namely two things;

1. QLD didn't have the same amount of depth at halfback (Langer replaced Paul Green) and

2. Langer had not come out and stated publicly he had retired from rep footy. Johns made a point of reiterating that the May Test would be his last rep game as he would be concentrating on his club football for the remainder of his career. Yes Langer retired from the Broncos

I don't think Queenslanders are none to worried either way - most I speak to would prefer he played so the 'well we didn't have Joey' line is not used if the NSW Blues do happen to lose the series despite being 1-0 up.

Hang on ManlyBoy, there's a small difference. Adrian Lam wasn't available for whatever reason and there was no other halfback eligible for Queensland. There was a loophole in the rules, it was exploited with Langers return and then closed. NSW have, Finch, Gower, Orford at their disposal. When there are only 2 teams in QLD and the rest of the comp in NSW, it makes it a little hard for other candidates to step up. There isn't such a problem now, QLD has Thurston and Prince as options with other younger blokes such as Tim Smith coming thru. Move on from Johns NSW or you'll get caught in the past and suffer.

Yeah i don't think Johns will play...

Bring him on, victory will be all the more sweeter! I don't reckon he'll play, he's scared of big Petero getting hold of him. If he plays Qld should find out where Jamie Goddard is and bring him out of retirement for a bit of fisty cuffs

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose
    If he plays Qld should find out where Jamie Goddard is and bring him out of retirement for a bit of fisty cuffs
    I'll pay that Supergoose.

My main point is their got to stop asking Andrew. i mean if they lose one game they get scared and ask him...

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS FAN
    Aunt you tried of the NSW slectors asking Johnsy to play? I mean if he does'nt want to play, he does'nt want to play.. They have to learn to win without him..

Queensland at one stage couldn't win without Langer apparently, they brought him back!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS FAN

And we won the first SSO without him Broncos!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Quote Originally Posted by jenny
    And we won the first SSO without him Broncos!
    JUST won it without him LOL nsw were just having an especially lucky game.....i say bring him back for game three.....they need him...if their any chance at all.. (not likely)...:lol!:...:hi: :satan: