Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

While Schifcoske would be solid I reckon that Frawley would add more from the wing and for this reason I would drop Mogg back to fullback. If Tonga can get himself on the field against the Storm he could be a goer, if not Berrigan has to partner Hodges with Tate on the other wing. Bowen, Slater or Wesser on the bench!

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Bowen's Origin hope

North Queensland fullback Matt Bowen believes he will be fit in time for Origin III despite suffering an ankle injury during his side's loss to the Bulldogs on Sunday.

Bowen, who was 18th man for game two, is tipped to replace Karmichael Hunt at fullback with the Broncos star sidelined for two months with a broken foot.

Storm sensation Greg Inglis is another candidate for the No.1 jersey, but he is unlikely to recover in time from a fractured back.

Bowen will have scans on his ankle on Monday, but said it has been improving since he came off late in the game at Carrara Stadium.

"I can walk on it but it is hurting a little," Bowen told the Courier-Mail.

"I'll keep on treating it and see what the doctor thinks. I've had this type of injury before and it has tended to settle down pretty quickly.

"We'll just have to see how it is a bit later in the week."

Bowen was dropped from the starting the Maroons' starting line-up following a lacklustre performance in game one, but is confident of making a return to the run-on side.

"There were a few aspects of my game I needed to have a look at and I think I've done that," he said.

"It was great to see the boys win the way they did (in game two) but a big part of me definitely wanted to be out there with them.

"To be 18th man was a boost for my confidence. It means I'm still in the picture."
    sportal.com.au

GO QUEENSLAND!!!

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy believes his fullback Greg Inglis won't be fit to play for Queensland in the State of Origin series decider at Telstra Dome on July 5.

Inglis was forced to pull out of Origin II with a neck injury, told he could risk permanent damage by playing.

Early hopes he could return for the decider in Melbourne have ended with Bellamy saying the 19-year-old isn't expected to return to training for at least another two weeks.

"I don't think (Inglis will be available of Origin). I spoke to medical staff yesterday and he is still two or three weeks away from training," Bellamy told Sydney radio 2KY.

"He will be checked again but at this stage you would probably think Origin is a week too early for him.

"We have got to make sure we manage him perfectly because he is obviously a very important player and hopefully he will have a really good, long career here in Melbourne and for Queensland as well."

Bellamy meanwhile threw his support behind Storm five-eighth Scott Hill, who is being touted as a possible NSW inclusion for the decider.

Bellamy had dumped Hill earlier in the year but believes the former NSW and Australia player has been one of his best players in the past month.

"The last three weeks his form has really picked up, and it is hard to buy the experience he has got having played Origin and for Australia," he said.

"If they decide to go with Scott I'm sure he won't let them down

www.nrl.com.au
    Clinton for fullback
    Last edited by Hoppy2006Dragons; 20-06-06 at 09:03 PM.