Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Titans: Anthony Kafusi signing?

Titans: Anthony Kafusi signing?

This was posted by a member at leagueunlimited.com:

"Storm concedes it will battle to retain power prop Anthony Kaufusi next season, with the Gold Coast Titans believed to be ready to make a massive offer for Kaufusi's services" - Melbourne Herald Sun today
    I have heard this whisper as well.

Anthony Kafusi has plenty of potential that he has failed to fulfill to an extent under Bellamy. He is in the mould of Roy Asotasi and could be anything in the game. I would love to see him in 2007 with a pre-season under Billy Johnstone - I think we could see a similar career turn around to that of Carl Webb to a degree. Kafusi would also form a good prop rotation with Bailey and Thompson though I think there is another prop still to come with rumours persisting that we could see Danny Nutley return to the NRL as a Titan.

Kaufusi would be a great signing he has alot of potential and would be great for the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Titans: Anthony Kafusi signing?

This was posted by a member at leagueunlimited.com:

I have heard this whisper as well.

Anthony Kafusi has plenty of potential that he has failed to fulfill to an extent under Bellamy. He is in the mould of Roy Asotasi and could be anything in the game. I would love to see him in 2007 with a pre-season under Billy Johnstone - I think we could see a similar career turn around to that of Carl Webb to a degree. Kafusi would also form a good prop rotation with Bailey and Thompson though I think there is another prop still to come with rumours persisting that we could see Danny Nutley return to the NRL as a Titan.
    Nutley has extened his contract with Castleford for another 12 months.

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herald Sun
    Storm concedes it will battle to retain power prop Anthony Kaufusi next season, with the Gold Coast Titans believed to be ready to make a massive offer for Kaufusi's services
    I'm not sure we should be throwing 'massive' amounts of money at a guy who has not proven himself. Surely we can use that money on a better and more proven player than Kaufusi?
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Original Idiot
    I'm not sure we should be throwing 'massive' amounts of money at a guy who has not proven himself. Surely we can use that money on a better and more proven player than Kaufusi?
    I don't think we are going to be offerin massive amounts of money to a relatively unproven player. I think the journalist added the word to make the statement a little more attractive

Don't know too much about him... but I am sure SC will have some inside info

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBronco
    Nutley has extened his contract with Castleford for another 12 months.
    Thanks mate - I had that confirmed this afternoon at the TAB as well. I guess we can rule that one out

We're actually signing half of the storm team :naughty:

Titan CEO

Hmmm...if, and thats a big IF the titans can get AK to preform consistently as a big bopper who has some ball skill then he would be a good signing.

But unfortunately he is just an up and down prop who has potential, and has been for 3 or so years.

Wasn't Kafusi mentioned as a possible Origin bolter for Qld alongside, Shillington, Tronc amongst others? I'm sure that Carty, Gilly and Billy will get the best out of Antonio if he were to sign. Good impact player i reckon.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Kaufusi would be a great signing he has alot of potential and would be great for the Titans.
    Exactly. The challange for the GC would be making him FULFILL that potential.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by PARANoIR
    Exactly. The challange for the GC would be making him FULFILL that potential.
    Which must be extremely hard if Bellamy cant get it out of him im not sure who can.

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    Which must be extremely hard if Bellamy cant get it out of him im not sure who can.
    An unestablish first grade coach won't get it out of him, that's for sure.

Trevor Gilmeister, however, is the man who can.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by PARANoIR
    An unestablish first grade coach won't get it out of him, that's for sure.

Trevor Gilmeister, however, is the man who can.
    c'mon if Bellamy, Dean Lance, Stephen kearney and Robbie Kearns cannot bring out the best in AK then it will be a tough job even for gilly. Maybe a change of scennary will help him, you never know.

I have more faith in Gilmeister, in giving someone an attitude adjustment, than any of those blokes you just mentioned.