Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Junior Titan

good news for the cows
    "Go the Titans"

Sharks sign young Tigers hooker
    23, October 2006

The Sharks have secured the services of 21-year-old Wests Tigers hooker Issac De Gois, signing the young rake to a two-year contract.

De Gois, a strong defender and clever dummy half runner, was spotted and targeted by incoming Sharks coach Ricky Stuart. With his path to the NRL at the Wests Tigers blocked by representative hooker Robbie Farrah, De Gois comes to the Sharks hoping to display his wares and to challenge for a first grade berth.

?I?ve come to the Sharks looking for an opportunity,? De Gois said. ?And I?m looking forward to playing for Ricky Stuart. He is the Australian coach and is obviously very successful and good at what he does.?

The stockily-built De Gois played five games in the NRL for the Tigers in 2006, three of those appearances as a member of the starting side. He made his debut in round 11 against the New Zealand Warriors and crossed for one try in those five games.

De Gois progressed through the junior ranks with the Magpies, playing for the Western Suburbs SG Ball side after starting his rugby league career with the All Saints Club at Warwick Farm. He graduated from the Wests junior representative ranks into the joint venture set-up at the Wests Tigers, playing the majority of the past season in the Premier League for the Magpies.

Added to incumbent Sharks number nine Kevin Kingston and occasional hooking interchange player Brett Kearney, De Gois will give the club plenty of depth in the all-important dummy half position.

De Gois will be assessed by the Sharks training and medical staff over the next few days, with the squad this week undergoing preliminary testing prior to the commencement of pre-season training which is expected to begin next week.

The Sharks have almost completed their new player purchases for 2007, with De Gois to join other new recruits at the club including Josh Hannay, Craig Stapleton, Fraser Anderson, Brett Seymour, Dustin Cooper, Michael Greenfield and Misi Taulapapa.
    Source: sharks.com.au
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Good signing for Cronulla. His a promising player who uses more of his strength than foot work. he wouldnt get much of a chance if he stayed at the Tigers with Farah, Flanagan and Chase all ahead of him in the pecking order. But he will do good a Cronulla.

There any printable versions of gains and losses availble anyone?

Storm lock in their new sensation

Rugby league's newest superstar Greg Inglis has agreed to a reported $2 million deal to play with the Melbourne Storm until the end of 2010.

Inglis has been a standout in both of Australia's Tri-Nations clashes with New Zealand, as well as starring for the Storm in their charge to the NRL's minor premiership.

His new deal significantly improves the 19-year-old's current contract as well as keeping him at the club for an extra year.

Inglis says it is good to have his future sorted.

"I wasn't too concerned about it, my manager had to do it and I let him deal with it so all I do is just sign the papers," he said.

"I like it down there, I love the city and I just bought a house down there so I am thinking about staying down there for a while, as you can tell by the contract."

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Chris Flannagan resigns with west tigers.

source: nrl.com.au

dragons sign Adam Peek and Rangi Chase

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/ee...749256526.html

i heard michael vella signed 3 year deal with hull kingston rovers

edit: oh wait he is, just checked the link ^^
    Last edited by Victor; 01-11-06 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor
    i heard michael vella signed 3 year deal with hull kingston rovers

edit: oh wait he is, just checked the link ^^
    I found the link that confirms it:
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23214,00.html

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

hey is Brian Carney still with the titans?? pm me and tell me

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Brett Firman trialling with Penrith.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmace

good to see you guys looking at the Panthers web site.....

Cowboys recruits make lifestyle choice
    http://townsvillebulletin.news.com.a...E14793,00.html

Cowboys recruits make lifestyle choice

By ANTONY STEWART
    25nov06

GIVING up the fast-paced lifestyle of Sydney for a feeling of home made signing for the North Queensland Cowboys an all-too-easy decision for John Frith and Ben Farrar.

While neither have been in Townsville long enough to regard themselves as fully fledged locals, the former Parramatta Eels reckon the twin cities suit them perfectly.

Nineteen-year-old Farrar and Frith, 21, made their way north to begin pre-season training with their new NRL club earlier this month.

Despite being more than 1500km from where he grew up in Newcastle, Farrar said Townsville automatically felt like the right fit.

"When I came up here I noticed there was a lot of similarities so that was an attraction," said the centre, who played alongside Frith in Parramatta's premiership-winning premier league team last season.

"I'm a Newcastle boy through and through so to see Townsville was so similar definitely excited me."

Roma-born Frith offered similar sentiments.

"It was a great year down there (in Parramatta) but I prefer this type of lifestyle," he said.

"I'm from Roma ... so I jumped at the opportunity to come back to Queensland."

The 190cm, 109kg prop took huge strides in his dream of one day playing first-grade rugby league last season.

After starting 2006 playing for Cabramatta in the Jim Beam Cup, Frith cracked the Eels' reserve grade side midway through the year.

While earning a place in the Cowboys' line-up may have to take a back seat to being a North Queensland Young Gun at first, Frith said he still had his sights set on a debut in the top grade.

"Hopefully I get a bit of a run this year or at least next year," Frith said. "The Cowboys are a good club and it's a good opportunity to hopefully get some first- grade games."

For Farrar, coming to North Queensland has meant becoming a full-time footballer for the first time and, even after less than a month, he's loving every minute of it.

"At Parramatta I was part-time and I was working as well as training, now I'm training full-time," he said.

"I'm absolutely stoked, I have wanted to do this since I was little, so it's great."

Raiders re-sign Picker

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 10:13 AM

Talented young second row forward Joe Picker has become the latest player to sign long term with the Canberra Raiders, after he agreed to extend his current contract until the end of 2010.

Picker follows in the footsteps of team mates Troy Thompson, Dane Tilse, and Marc Herbert in signing into the next decade, with the Raiders looking to secure a solid core of players to take them into the next generation of the NRL.

After a successful year with both the Raiders Premier League and Jersey Flegg outfits Picker capped of a memorable year, with selection in the Junior Kangaroos, after playing with the NSW under 19?s earlier in the season.

Hailing from the small nearby town of Bigga in NSW Picker becomes another Canberra junior to find his way through the Raiders ranks, and said this association made his decision to extend his current contract even easier.

?For me there was no other option really,? Picker said. ?All my family and friends are close by, and playing for the Raiders is something I?ve always wanted to do.?

Picker said he will concentrate his efforts this season on building a solid foundation as a player, and said he looks forward to what the future holds in Canberra.

?My aim at them moment is to play some consistent football in Premier League and hopefully get some time at the NRL level,? he said. ?I think the Raiders have a great bunch of players and Coaches and I think we have the squad to go on and challenge the top teams.?

Raider?s general manager Don Furner said the club is ecstatic to have secured Picker until 2010, and he looked forward to watching him develop into a top class player.

?Joe has been a priority re-signing for a few months now so it?s great to get him over the line,? Furner said. ?He proved this year at both club and representative level what he is capable of, and I know the coaching staff has big plans for him in the future.?

Furner said the Raiders would continue to target players from within their own ranks, and expand on what is developing into a talented bunch of young players.

?There are a few other young guys that we will look to re-sign over the next few months as we look to continue our policy of building up our juniors,? he said. ?With Thompson, Tilse, Herbert and now Picker signed until 2010, we are starting to see the makings of a side that will challenge for the title in the upcoming seasons.?
    Source: NRL