Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    i think the interest comes down to what you've grown up with. i mean if i watch an AFL match i get so so bored, while another person can be on the edge of their seat. i mean i got bored during the lions grand final wins! league and soccer i can both appreciate and get really into. union i find a bit slow and find tennis really really boring. i think it's more what you know and what you follow than the actual game. i mean, i love test match cricket and to outsiders of the game it is possibly the most boring thing on earth lol
    Yeah but as kids...you play whats fun.

As adults...it will definately be hard to gain more supporters, there are a hell of alot of bandwagoners going around at the moment i dont think that will grow the popularity at all...coz once the world cup is over then they will move on.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

i think you've underestimated the skill in it though. it's definately more skillful than league, just nowhere near as physical.

the hype will definately die down, and it's not going to challenge the 'major' codes but it will have more of a presence. i mean afl has managed to infiltrate brisbane rather well. the socceroos playing will be more of a big thing, although i don't think it's going to maintain this huge level of interest. i don't think it will be much of an afl v nrl thing, but more of a co-existance.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

here's something i found on sport in australia:

According to the Sweeney Sports report, the "big four" sports in Australia based on interest, are Australian rules (59%), tennis (56%), swimming (56%) and cricket (53%). The other three football codes are the next three sports on the list. According to the study, their interest levels are: Rugby League (42%), Soccer (41%) and Rugby Union (40%). The levels of interest are based on participation, attendance and media interest.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    i think you've underestimated the skill in it though. it's definately more skillful than league, just nowhere near as physical.

the hype will definately die down, and it's not going to challenge the 'major' codes but it will have more of a presence. i mean afl has managed to infiltrate brisbane rather well. the socceroos playing will be more of a big thing, although i don't think it's going to maintain this huge level of interest. i don't think it will be much of an afl v nrl thing, but more of a co-existance.
    No i know how much skill is invovled in soccer....BUT as a kid say at the age of 10, the average 10 year old who is joining upto play soccer tomorrow wont have all these skills and wont need them. If you can kick and run then you can play junior soccer....the same cant really be said for rugby league.

No doubting that at a senior level the skill level is outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    No i know how much skill is invovled in soccer....BUT as a kid say at the age of 10, the average 10 year old who is joining upto play soccer tomorrow wont have all these skills and wont need them. If you can kick and run then you can play junior soccer....the same cant really be said for rugby league.

No doubting that at a senior level the skill level is outstanding.
    Think you might need to go and have a look at some of the skill levels of the kids nowdays Cronk - games where the whole group follow the ball are basically restricted now to under 8's and below.

Our coaching has improved out of sight and technical formations and skills are being learnt earlier and earlier.....

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....