Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

The premiership, 30 odd weeks of effort comes down to one game, and if your team is the best at the end, the victory is that much sweeter to savour.

7 years ago I would have said State of Origin but since watching the NRL closely the last few years I would definately now say a Premiership.

I don't mind the clubs playing a round while the Origin players sit out because it gives opportunities to young fellas who are trying to get a run in the main game. Aren't the Dragons exposing some new talent!
    You don't have to win every game in the season to make the finals
    Your club only has to beat half the comp...once you make the top 8, you have a shot at the Premeirship.

I can also feel a shift towards more exciting International games.
    Will that some day overtake Origin as the pinnacle of Rugby League?

Thumbs up

State of Origin win for sure!!!

Although most of you validate a good point in raising the issue of preperation and year(s) of hard work, but to me the state of origin seperates most of the supporters into 2 main groups: Those who worship the Blues and those who follow the Maroons.

Its a great social traditional event that draws NRL fans closer. If ones team isnt performing well then they tend to slacken off their interest, but with origin, the teams are a little more even.

...Some may disagree but its just an opinion...

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

I think with Origin, if I were to every say its better, my arguement would be teh fact its just 2 teams.

If you dont win a premiership, neither did 13 other teams. And theres so many different rivalries in the premiership rounds.
    Where as Origin, its one of the other, makes it evenmore special if its your team that does it. Its just the one great big rivalry. I dont know.

Premiership sitll does it for more though because the Broncos are half the qld team anyways, so if they win the Premiership its still a qld victory !
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

i would prefer a premiership!! although i love origin, a premiership is harder to win - with origin there is always next year, (i know that's the same with the preiemership, but players always are leaving the club or heaps of injurires can ruin a year at winning the gf)

you work longer to get to the grand final - so it kinda makes it more rewarding in a way when you finalyy make it.

with risking players. ummm,, got nothing angaist players from my club playing orign as thats a reward for there great playing. but i'm in two minds over risking them (e.g hodges). it depends on the player and the current depth of teh QLD team. for example if lockyer was slighly injured but playable and we had no other 5/8th (thurston being injured etc) then yeah i'd risk him, but if it was a player in a position which could easily be covered, i would prefer my team's player be rested.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

In my life time ive yet to see the Dragons lift the premeirship trophy, although ive seen the tapes and heard all about it from decades ago, i feel it would be much greater to se St George Illawarra win the preimership so i can say i have supproted that team throug thick and thin to this day, so i would prefer a preimership, however i love my origin, so i love to see the blues win as well.

Id risk my players for origin, so the young palyers can get some game time and put pressure on the regualrs to keep their spot which makes even better footy also, good clubs should be able to win or at least compete with injury and without the star players otherwise then they arn't that good of a team if their realying on the work of a couple sensations in their team.

I believe what they should do is keep the origin in the time slot and keep the ordinary week going, but when the teams list for origin are named the teams with the most players in the origin squads should get the bye for the week.

eg for this year, For game one, the Broncos, Cowyboys and Storm would have gotten the bye, basically on team numbers.

Game Two Dragons get the bye, as have more players and didn't get the bye this time.

Game three Eels, Broncos and Cowyboys get the bye as they might haae 4 or 5 players again or something along this line so the clubs with the most commitment at least get cut some slack for one origin at least.

Then again they baiscally do this as this year Broncos, Dragons Cowboys got the bye in the first game.

The knights the second game

and the third game Roosters, Dragons, Storm.

So it seems to work ok as i see it.
    Last edited by Hoppy2006Dragons; 12-06-06 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallan
    I assume you are talking about Graham Murray, i seen it. :chinese:
    Yep I got mix up with Mark from Norths. (Brisbane) Opps :embarasse