Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    you dont get it mate.

People grow up and get over things....but its about teaching kids whats right and wrong...if they see their role model, the people they look upto saying those words then they will go to school the next day and say those words..and dont say no they wont because ive seen it been done many many times. Its exactly like the kdis that see the benji marshall step they try and act it out. It wont scar them for life but its not the right thing....showing them gruesome pictures wont scar them for life but would you do that?
    Showing them gruesome pictures is alot different then swearing, swearing is something most people do (unlike walking around and showing pple gruesome pics) .. You can lay a platform for children to not swear ... if they pick it up, you tell them its wrong .... and you teach them not to do it, its something that can be fixed ... We can't expect NRL players to watch their words 24/7, They know they are role models and do the best they can
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by [BroncosGirl]
    Showing them gruesome pictures is alot different then swearing, swearing is something most people do (unlike walking around and showing pple gruesome pics) .. You can lay a platform for children to not swear ... if they pick it up, you tell them its wrong .... and you teach them not to do it, its something that can be fixed ... We can't expect NRL players to watch their words 24/7, They know they are role models and do the best they can
    True but the players know how much of an effect that they have on kids there is no denying that. They know fully well that if they swear or do something wrong ie: punch another playing in the head from behind that the kid could pick it up and think its ok. Sure parents can step in and say thats wrong....but it shouldnt get to that point. Its footy not a episode of jackass. The gruesome pics example prolly wasnt right but it was along the same lines.
    Lets use swearing as an example..you wouldnt go up to a kid and say "you are a f**** you little piece of s*** you **** and so and so" im not saying thats what the players did....but its still not nice to hear.

Swearing TO a child is alot different then what the players did ... that is not nice being sworn at ... but a player has never done that... they won't do that, thats something they can control ... because its not like after a GF they're going to go up to a little kid and swear at them... they weren't swearing at anyone ... it was used in context to display their emotion.

You can't compare footy to jackass they are at opposite ends of the scale. Footy is no where near like that... Parents and children are well aware its a violent (to an extent) game, and players do get punished if they do something like punch a guy in the head, and the kids know they get punished, so they wouldn't(well shouldn't unless they are already violent) wnat to do it then.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

Titan CEO

Not all young kids understand the full extent of whats right and whats wrong.

The jackass example was based on the swearing and not the other stuff they do.

You can show your emotion without having to say F*** 5-6 times.

Anyway this conversation is going in circles and i feel we are repeating ourselfes...lol lets just agree to disagree.

Anyway this conversation is going in circles and i feel we are repeating ourselfes...lol lets just agree to disagree.
    sounds good

Not all young kids understand the full extent of whats right and whats wrong.

The jackass example was based on the swearing and not the other stuff they do.

You can show your emotion without having to say F*** 5-6 times.

... One last thing (sorry), you say you can show your emotion with saying f*** 5-6 times, thing is, if you are so caught up in emotion it just slips out, its not always somethign you can think about and stop yourself from doing, thats what I was saying, is that it shows how emotional they are, because in other post match interviews (normal club games), they control their language and don't swear.

Ok, so agree to disagree...Well I like the sounds of that.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

The Most Beautiful City In The World...Melbourne!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ridgey
    that's just the reality of live t.v guys.does anyone remember the state of origin in 93 when mal was swearing in the huddle,hey ya stick a mic in front of someone at such an emotional time and what do ya expect.
    Exactly! Well said. If they don't want the problem to occur again (as happened in the Mal incident, which they should have learnt from), either show it on a slight delay or even easier... how about we not put a mic in front of players who we know are going to be emotional and not thinking 101% logically...

It's getting out of control and making a mountain out of a molehill in my opinion. It happened, they apologised, move on...

"Remember in this game we call 'Life' that no one said it's fair!" - W.Axl Rose

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by J-Storm
    Exactly! Well said. If they don't want the problem to occur again (as happened in the Mal incident, which they should have learnt from), either show it on a slight delay or even easier... how about we not put a mic in front of players who we know are going to be emotional and not thinking 101% logically...

It's getting out of control and making a mountain out of a molehill in my opinion. It happened, they apologised, move on...
    I havent seen anyone make a mountain of it. I dont even know how many people rang up nine and complained...does anyone know? but i havent seen anyone make a big deal out of it. the only people i can that had a problem with it would be some parents...but im sure they were over it by the next morning.

I think its a bit stupid really, if anyone should be apologising its channel 9. and besides you can see if not hear swearing throughout pretty much every game this year. Usually when ever a player botches a try, or drops a ball or misses a tackle the camera zooms in on them to get their "reaction". Its pretty much the same every time, the player saying %^&*.

Next year why not just rate it M and say possible swearing. Covers them either way

Yep Inferno they should do that, give a warning.

Also super cronk do you watch sunrise, because thats where heaps of people complained, thats what I couldt believe.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

I think people should just get over it, i mean its just a word! It wasnt used in vain or anything inapporiate, the players were just expressing their joy of winning the grand final.

the people that complained we're probably a bunch of toffee nosed rugby fans that only tune in to 1 game of league a year!

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by [BroncosGirl]
    Yep Inferno they should do that, give a warning.

Also super cronk do you watch sunrise, because thats where heaps of people complained, thats what I couldt believe.
    sunrise the one with "kochy" and that mel chick? they are union fans and dont really like NRL...so every chance they get at putting league down they do. i dont know how many heaps is but im sure they have forgotten about it.

sunrise the one with "kochy" and that mel chick? they are union fans and dont really like NRL...so every chance they get at putting league down they do. i dont know how many heaps is but im sure they have forgotten about it.
    Yep tahts it, it doesn't matter what fans they are though, Im just saying thats the program lost of people rung up and emailed, and they were league fans....

They're were probably cowboys fans
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

the sunrise people are afl fans.