Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    I would too... except that he is too green ATM... he needs more game time in PL to learn his trade.. Hughes showed in the Knights game why he is such a good player when on song.. but I agree in a years time... Ngawini will be hooker for the Bulldogs... ahead of Hughes and even maybe Perry...
    MAYBE Perry!!?!?!?

Adam Perry in first grade I still cannot believe - I see the move to fulltime first grader happening in 2007 for Ngwini.

Schifty, this Weyman guy has plenty of potential and I look forward to seeing how his career pans out though Australian prop?? The talent is there no doubt though I will choose to sit on the fence here. I hope he is injury free for a sustained period so I can look at his consistency before making such bold predictions

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

Very good game today.

Quote Originally Posted by mb63
    Yep,I wanted to put Raiders supporters at ease.
    :lol!: Ohhh...ok...I am sure they felt just fine at that point :lol!:

Hey Perry is a great player... There are high wraps for Perry in Belmore ranks... he is just injured and has suffered with injury since mid 2005...

Interesting Stat- Bulldogs lost todays game on GOAL KICKING... yes Hazem had a bad day and we lost... interesting huh...

Titan One Clubman

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    Hey Perry is a great player... There are high wraps for Perry in Belmore ranks... he is just injured and has suffered with injury since mid 2005...

Interesting Stat- Bulldogs lost todays game on GOAL KICKING... yes Hazem had a bad day and we lost... interesting huh...
    and Schif nailed some from the sideline, true captains knock

How he is not the QLD fullback I will never know.. Leadership, strength, defence, ability to produce moments of brilliance, goal kicking... am I missing something?

I agree he'd be my QLD Fullback any day of any week of any year.. and he is experienced and a leader... QLD NEED THAT...

He was awesome from the sideline today... it was amazing... and the 2 tries... his and Howell's.. they were something special and amazing..

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty
    How he is not the QLD fullback I will never know.. Leadership, strength, defence, ability to produce moments of brilliance, goal kicking... am I missing something?
    Plays for Canberra which equals "out of sight, out of mind" with the added fact the selectors have gone Hunt on the fact he played brilliantly in his Test debut and has a good understanding of Lockyer's game.

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

.. Shif isn't the QLD fullback because he's not a "fancy" player, hes not a stand out, dont get me wrong he does everythign right, andI think he should be there, I'd have loved him to be on the wing instead of Mogg, but I guess they didn't want yet another FB on the wing.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Titan One Clubman

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Plays for Canberra which equals "out of sight, out of mind" with the added fact the selectors have gone Hunt on the fact he played brilliantly in his Test debut and has a good understanding of Lockyer's game.

and the last thing QLD need is a fullback who has great leadership, can kick goals, read the play so welll, make covering tackles, and is safe as a house under the high ball IMO Schifcofske is on par with Minichiello as the best fullback in the country... But sadly he isn't a turnstlye who plays like a 2nd 5/8...

Interesting to hear Steve Folkes today...

- He has said that the Defense was good today, the fault was that we played Catchup... and had a shocking moment of relaxation in the late first half... ...too stupid today he said...

Well he at least stated the obvious.... I have to agree 100%... we played too many flick passes and need to stop being at the need to be fancy and flashy.

EDIT: Interesting point

Melbourne Lead with 22, Brisbane are on 20,

Newcastle, Cronulla, Bulldogs, Manly, St George are on 18

North Queensland and Canberra are on 16, with Canberra in 9th.

Talk about a close Top 8... too bad then it is a big gap to everyone else
    Last edited by Titanium_BD1103; 12-06-06 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by [BroncosGirl]
    .. Shif isn't the QLD fullback because he's not a "fancy" player, hes not a stand out, dont get me wrong he does everythign right, andI think he should be there, I'd have loved him to be on the wing instead of Mogg, but I guess they didn't want yet another FB on the wing.
    I am certain that "not being fancy" is a criteria the selectors are looking at when naming their fullback. Schifcofske is a great player who unfortunately has had some great talent ahead of him - he is a victim of timing given we have been blessed with great fullbacks dating back to Colin Scott.

Schif has sat behind Darren Lockyer (fullback from 1998 to 2003) and has seen Rhys Wesser, Billy Slater, Matt Bowen and now Karmichael Hunt get a shot at the number one jersey - not bad players by any stretch of the imagination.

Wesser got the 2004 jersey after a great 2003 season, Slater started 2005 on fire though missed game three being replaced by Bowen who was in great form in 2005.

Schif has missed the boat as such in terms of further representation, it has happened to many great club footballers who have not even been given the one chance to represent his state.

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

I suppose I mean Shif isn't really a name that gets thrown around a lot, he goesn't get talked up much, so his name never really gets thrown into contention, because there are so many guys that get talked up a lot more.

It is a sad thing, because Shif is a great player and would do thejob quite well if given the chance, but theres so many that are considered ahead of him.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom