Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Dog blew their last few chances

Raiders have won it

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by mb63
    Game over,well done Raiders.
    Told you guys,never in doubt.

Titan One Clubman

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

BEST WIN IN YEARS!!!

2 Players down. 10-0 down in the first 10 minutes.

SCHIFCOFSKE IS A LEGEND, led by example. The whole team really dug in there.

Thats win was 10% skill, 90% Heart!!

28-26 to the lads from Canberra

Damn, that last 20 minutes was AWESOME footy.
    Electricity comes from other planets.

Titan One Clubman

Told you guys,never in doubt.

Agreed... WHAT A GAME... CONGRATULATIONS TO CANBERRA... they held on and won something very special there.. it is a great side that holds on against the Bulldogs on a rampage like they were in the last 15 minutes..

Canterbury were not on song entirely today and that was a bit sad... but DJ showed why he is such an awesome player... he stood up on a day when our players did well early but got a bit to relaxed for their own good...

But this is about Canberra today and Schichofske and Weyman did such a great job... Weyman is a star of the future, he is like Webcke or Tallis, so strong and so tough..

Great game.. shame to lose but we did well in the 2nd half... and Canberra deserved to win.

Game over,well done Raiders.
    The "never in doubt" comment is alluding back to this post where it was 28-10 - you "told us" when the Doggies were behind by 18?

Your sure did mb63

Titan One Clubman

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    The Raiders will be the end of me when it comes to tipping in 2006! Such a frustrating team, I would hate to be on the rollercoaster each and every week Schifty Just quickly two things:

1. Where are these 'supporters' calling for the head of Elliott before the end of the season? He has proven yet again he is a very good coach getting the best out of the talent available - pass on my best to the members of the supporter group making a noise early in the season
    Bloody Raiders have given me a heart attack the last 3 weeks

Anyway, the supporters are still there and turn up each week. Personally I think Elliott is a good coach when he has a decent forward pack to work with, but there have been a lot of very strange decisions, e.g. keeping a halfback like Carney on the bench and only giving him 15 minute spells.. I think Elliott has had it's time here and it a good thing that we will be trying something new next year with a coach who will use more attacking game plans that will suit the roster for next year.. I wish the best of luck to Elliott next year.

Anyway on Weyman, I am just glad to see him go so well, he had shocking injury, last year he had an operation, was on track to return and the screws snapped....

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Dang I was really hoping for teh Dogs here, but congrast to Raiders, who managed to hold on to the game!
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

We got close... but it was not our day... and we didn't deserve to win... it was poor in the first half for us to let go by 10 points... I guess inexperience can be called on with a whole front row of nobobys... but that is no excuse... we should have done better.

Much prouder with the 2nd half especially later and much impressed by Billy Ngawini... he runs and causes problems like Schif everytime he ran... too bad the rest of the team weren't there to back up...

Young Ngawini did have a go though he made two costly plays in the second where 1. he elected to go the blinds side on the 5th tackle and 2. after making a decent run in attacking position, he threw a 'would be miracle' out the back and turned over posession.

There are plenty of positives in his game, though those two brain explosions are something he will see again and again during Monday's video review.

I would have him there ahead of Hughes in all honesty.

I would too... except that he is too green ATM... he needs more game time in PL to learn his trade.. Hughes showed in the Knights game why he is such a good player when on song.. but I agree in a years time... Ngawini will be hooker for the Bulldogs... ahead of Hughes and even maybe Perry...

Titan One Clubman

Just reading some stats,

Alan Tongue 46 Tackles, how he missed Country origin I will never know.
    Lincoln Withers 24 tackles, goes to show an advantage of having him at halfback is that he is not the tradiotional spot player in defence.
    If Weyman can stay injury free, he is a Future Australian Rep.

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    The "never in doubt" comment is alluding back to this post where it was 28-10 - you "told us" when the Doggies were behind by 18?

Your sure did mb63
    Yep,I wanted to put Raiders supporters at ease.

I know I saw some of those figures they are impressive indeed Schifty... not to mention the fact that in the first half the Canberra Raiders came back and had like 86 tackles to 45 to the Canterbury side.

It was a great effort and I am not afraid to say Kudos to the Raiders for showing they will not lie down...