Titan CEO

Default Cartwright excited by Laffranchi

The man who will coach the Gold Coast Titans in the National Rugby League competition says the team can only benefit from the premiership-winning experience of Wests Tigers front rower Anthony Laffranchi.

The former Murwillumbah player will link with the Titans in 2007.

Titans coach John Cartwright says Laffranchi's performance in the Tigers' grand final win on Sunday night was sensational.

"I thought he was probably the pick of the front rowers on the field," he said.

"He was in everything, his try was probably the clincher, just probably put the game out of reach for the Cowboys and the experience that he's gained from that will be invaluable."

ABC.net.au

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    The man who will coach the Gold Coast Titans in the National Rugby League competition says the team can only benefit from the premiership-winning experience of Wests Tigers front rower Anthony Laffranchi.

The former Murwillumbah player will link with the Titans in 2007.

Titans coach John Cartwright says Laffranchi's performance in the Tigers' grand final win on Sunday night was sensational.

"I thought he was probably the pick of the front rowers on the field," he said.

"He was in everything, his try was probably the clincher, just probably put the game out of reach for the Cowboys and the experience that he's gained from that will be invaluable."

ABC.net.au

Nice to see that the 2007 signings are performing well

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Hopefully they can take the form into next year. Somehow I don't see the Tigers winning again next year.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

yer, but that has been what has been happening latly anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Original Idoit
    Hopefully they can take the form into next year. Somehow I don't see the Tigers winning again next year.
    Then again you didnt really see it this year did you. I agree though it will be very tough. If tigs cant do it im hoping for a Bunnies win :o

Somewhere on here I said Laffranchi "was a steal" for us in 2007, it is becoming more so after one hellova' finals series from the Gold Coast boy.

The building blocks to a really, really good pack are there for Carty and his staff.

Fingers crossed an injury free 2006

DeeGan
    Last edited by DeeGan; 05-10-05 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan View Post
    Somewhere on here I said Laffranchi "was a steal" for us in 2007, it is becoming more so after one hellova' finals series from the Gold Coast boy.

The building blocks to a really, really good pack are there for Carty and his staff.

Fingers crossed an injury free 2006

DeeGan
    I was going to start a new thread about Laffranchi, but found this deep in the cellar. You were right DeeGan he was definitely a steal for us in 2007.

I was just browsing the stats over at http://www.nrl.com.au/Season2007/Sea...4/Default.aspx and Laffranchi has made more hit up then any other NRL player, more off loads and is forth on the tackle count. I recently named him in my Australia team to take on the kiwis on Anzac day, over here http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showt...113#post180113 and I knew he was playing well this year, but didn't realise he was top of all the forwards stats in the NRL.

Here is an article from www.gcbulletin.com.au

Laffranchi worthy of spot in Test

Luke Turgeon

11Apr07

STRAIGHT shooting Titans co-captain Luke Bailey has thrown his weight behind workaholic teammate Anthony Laffranchi to step in and fill the Test void left by North Queensland backrower Luke O'Donnell.

Bailey branded the underrated Laffranchi as the Titans 'best player' so far this season and said he would be a worthy recipient of a green and gold jumper for the upcoming trans-Tasman Test at Suncorp Stadium on Friday week.

"He has been our best player, better than Princey (Scott Prince), myself and Preston (Campbell)," said Bailey, who is also in contention for a Test call-up.

"If they want a backrower who can play 80 minutes and never stops, I will tell you right now he is your No.1 man.

"For that full 80 minutes he is running hard up the middle and topping the tackle count. He is not on the edges.

"I can't think of anyone I have played with who is hungrier to play representative football and for his country."

O'Donnell will miss the Anzac Test after tearing his hamstring during the Cowboys' 25-24 win over Wests Tigers at the weekend.

Laffranchi's work rate for the Titans has been incredible.

He has made the second most number of tackles in the NRL, behind Canberra's Alan Tongue and is battling it out with the likes of Petero Civoniceva, Steve Price, Willie Mason and Justin Hodges for the most number of hit-ups.

Australian selector Des Morris said Laffranchi was on the radar to get a start against New Zealand.

"We haven't had our meeting as yet, but obviously there will be a few players who were not considered last year that will come into contention this year," said Morris.

A Murwillumbah product, Laffranchi played country Origin for NSW last year, but is yet to earn a sky blue jumper.

The leap from country to the Test side is a big one, but Titans coach and former Kangaroo backrower John Cartwright said Laffranchi could do it.

"He deserves consideration for sure," said Cartwright.
    Last edited by Tamwelg; 12-04-07 at 04:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

How freaking awesome is that. Good work Mate! I hope you get there!

I always thought Laffranchi was a good forward, but I don't know if maybe I just haven't watched him as closely, I think he's in the form of his career.
    Definitely one of our best forwards.

Deserves some rep footy, although the selectors seem to stick with old favourites over form players. Time will tell.

Junior Titan

Lets hope he gets rewarded